SIGNING OFF...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

SIGNING OFF...

Postby DaveKell » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:36 pm

I must admit it's been one helluva ride here on FT. I'll be eternally grateful I found this place. The knowledge and encouragement I found here transformed my life completely. I had given up on ever feeling like a fully functioning man again and retreated into a shell for the most part. Little by little I erected a wall between myself and my family as the ED I struggled with consumed my emotions and general outlook on life. The once humor filled personality I was known for had evaporated. My general outlook on life became very blase. I quit caring a lot of things that used to define me. My wife and I existed more as roommates who didn't really seem to care for each other a lot of the time. This was primarily on me since my wife remained very supportive of me, but I became distant and cold towards her without even realizing how much I had withdrawn my affections.

In the short time since being implanted most of that has improved. I have a long way to go however in opening back up and participating with my wife in all aspects of our lives. So far I've basically focused on getting laid as much as possible. It's almost like another adolescence with the exception of I'm not consumed with finding multiple partners. For instance, I'm coming to realize my wife's buttons get pushed by a completely different set of motivators than mine. For me, in my new adolescence, everything is revolving around sex first and foremost. I have to remember how I used to help out more and take some of the day to day load off my wife. I've never quite understood how that is a turn on for women, but the fact remains it is.

Being capable of marathon sex sessions is a thrilling concept to be sure. I'm at that point now but have to focus on the rest of the big picture. You guys here at FT were instrumental in me arriving at this point, but I'm certain few of you are capable of helping me take it any farther along. In a way it seems I no longer need what I originally came here for. The ongoing journals of everyone's advanced sexual prowess aren't going to get me anywhere from here on out. To be sure, they did a lot to convince me of the benefit of pursuing an implant however. My gratitude for that knows no bounds.

I feel there is little more I can contribute over what I've posted so far. I'm glad my comments about my radically new sex life have given some hope and encouragement. I've appreciated the positive responses I've gotten from more than a few of you. It's time now though for me to do the rest of the work in my life without sharing it anymore. I'm as average as the next guy here so I doubt whatever I'd share would profoundly help anyone. My best wishes are for all of you bionic brothers going forward. Lastly, I'd like to encourage any of you still on the fence about the implant procedure to get it done asap. There aren't enough adjectives in the English language for me to use in describing how beneficial an implant is for restoring most facets of your life as a man. With that, I'm saying a fond goodbye. Best wishes to all of you!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Greg1956

Re: SIGNING OFF...

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks Dave. Best wishes to you and your bionic dick.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:49 pm

David,
I don't know if you will ever read this, but thanks for your articulate sign off post. I am pretty much in the same place as you. I am grateful for the FT forum - it helped me get through some very difficult times. I continue to skim through the posts, but am finding everything that can be said has been said many times over. My concerns now are mostly about adapting, along with my wife, to my bionic capabilities and how that is changing the nature of our relationship. I'm finally accustomed to having a 6" flaccid beast in my pants and I'm no longer concerned about trying to achieve that extra 1/8". I know ED is devastating and all the possible cures/side effects and pitfalls. I know the journey to an implant is scary. It's major surgery, it's irreversible and recovery can be a bitch. I don't know any more ways to tell guys to choose your surgeon carefully & man up and get it done. I wish someone had given me some tough love advice decades ago instead of my namby pamby doctors who never even mentioned it as a possibility or acted like it was some mysterious voodoo for misfits only. It is life changing if you're man enough to handle it.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Tenk11

Postby Tenk11 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Hey Dave, take care of yourself! I have enjoyed reading your posts.

STAY COOL
36 years old. Coloplast Titan OTR implanted on 6/1/2017 infrapubically. 20 cm cylinders (no rear tip extenders) with a 125 ml reservoir. So far so good!

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Dave,
Thanks for sharing all that you did. Your posts and PMs helped me so much (although they did cause some jealousy re the frequency of your use of your new toy! :shock: ). You nailed it on the head many times re how ED affects our whole manhood, not just our non-working dicks.
I'm so happy for you. I understand your need to sign off, but will miss your input.
Wishing you the best.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm one of the new kids around here but even your Sign Off message was warm and thoughtful.
If you EVER need us, we will be here for you.
I've found this place to be great not only for answering questions, and gathering information.
But finding understanding and kind people who are there for each other even if only in a forum setting.

Cheers to you Dave! And best wishes man!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Power to you and your wife Dave.....loved bouncing off you. Sorry to see you go........
All you said is true and yes all you procrastinators.....the implant is the gift that just keeps on giving. Just Do It! :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Dave
All the best to you and your wife. There was a bunch if us that all had our surgery within a month or so of each othet. We all supported each other. Questions, answers and just sharing our experiences. Enjoy all that life has to offer.
Sincerely, Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

anotherguy

Postby anotherguy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Hope all goes well in your relationship.

If I can offer some actionable advice for your (or anyone's) relationship, go to youtube and search for Dr John Gottman's relationship videos. They're great to watch for relationships in general, but especially for closer, more personal ones.

Anyway, I know how you felt. Before I found out about implants, I was considering taking my life and no I was never depressed but the situation can wear on you. I'm still on my way to having it done though.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Best wishes to you and your wife Dave!
After developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004, I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan IPP in December 2007 by Dr. Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad at Hackensack
University Medical Center in Bergen County, NJ.
My Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
We both love my Titan Implant and have been fully enjoying it for the past 9+ years and counting!!
Wishing the same for all my Bionic Brothers on Frank Talk.
Bob

Return to “Implants”