LOST SHEEP, are you ok?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
strongagain

LOST SHEEP, are you ok?

Postby strongagain » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:40 am

You got operated yesterday, how are you, went everything well? Many people here would like to hear from you. All the best, please keep us informed.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Lost Sheep

Re: LOST SHEEP, are you ok?

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:24 am

I ok, wifi not
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am

Hope you're doing good buddy. Let us know. Prayers.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 pm

strongagain wrote:You got operated yesterday, how are you, went everything well? Many people here would like to hear from you. All the best, please keep us informed.

Dr Shaw says the surgery went perfectly. Early reports say 18cm x 12mm LGX with 3cm Rear Tip. I uncertain if the 3 cm rear tip is the standard rear tip or 3cm Rear Tip Extenders.

100 ml/cc reservoir in my right side. I could tell it was there without feeling for it.

I am home in bed with ice between my legs with a scrotum the size of an orange, I am told. I cannot see it.

Postop inflation at 75% reduced to between 50% and 60% 24 hour later. Doctor deflated me the same visit as removing the catheter.

Foley catheter removal burned a little, as does urination, which is inproving.

WiFi at the hospital was nil, as as cell service, so I was cut off from all but land line telephone.

Right after surgery, the tip of myu penis felt like it had been stung by a bee. Several hours later it felt like it was caught in a vice. A nurse quipped "I can't relate." I replied, "Have you ever had a mamogram?" (She was far to young to have experienced it herself, but I am confident she has heard the tales of waomen having their bosoms squished in the mammogram vice.)

The crushing feeling was a little less after Dr. Shaw deflated me to under 60%. 75% was apparently a little too much. I am trying to strike a balance between wimpy and stoic to achieve the optimal outcome.

Thanks for all good wishes. Sincerely

Losr Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 pm

There's gotta be something better than that damn Foley's catheter. When my wife (she's a physician) pulled it out (on day 1) that definitely got my attention. But that first pee was a truly memorable event! I had a tear in my eye. The next couple were also notable. I used two bags of frozen peas almost constantly for 4 days. I even slept with them. I'm on day 20 and, of course, I'm a lot better now. The jock strap was irritating the bottom of my dick, so I started wearing Jockey Elance briefs with a hole cut out in the front. Much better for me. I'm not due for activation for another two weeks. Every day I improve a little. It does get better.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:07 pm

TomW46 wrote:There's gotta be something better than that damn Foley's catheter. When my wife (she's a physician) pulled it out (on day 1) that definitely got my attention.

When I had my prostate biopsy, I had to have catheters inserted 3 times because I couldn't pee. Finally they sent me home with a catheter which got removed the next day. What an awful experience.
When I had my prostatectomy, I asked the surgeon if he could give me a supra-pubic catheter. Basically a tube going through my skin about 2 inches above the base of my penis right in to my bladder. Sounds gruesome, but it was awesome compared to the Foley.
Unfortunately, it can't be used with the implant surgery. I only had the Foley that time for about 12 hours, and I was pretty doped up the whole time.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm

I hate those damn things

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 am

Lost sheep ---- I am so happy for you that surgery went well.

Also, I am thrilled that you have "made it to the other side"

The nights of worrying and heartache of decisions are now water under the bridge, and you will now face the glories of being bionic and of having this truly excellent surgical cure for ED.

Again, CONGRATS on making it to the other side; and thank you for all the extensive insightful posts that you have made on frank talk.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:40 am

Hey LostSheep! When the Codeine or other pain killers wear off we'll be excited to hear more about how you're doing and your thoughts on the process you endured! :)
But while you're healing, take your time there's NO rush to get up and on the discussion boards. Take it slow hombre.

Wishing you all the best!!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 am

Lost Sheep,
So happy to hear your surgery went well. Ice will be your friend for a while. The pain will subside and good things are in your future.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”