I have made the decision for an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nudist

Re: I have made the decision for an implant

Postby nudist » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:53 pm

So far the only problem is leaking urine from the catheter at the penis. It wets the dressing so I've had to reinstall some dressing myself.

Thanks for all your good wishes!
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

chas5344

Postby chas5344 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am

My surgery went very well. I was kept overnight in the hospital so that they could remove the catheter and fluid drain in the morning. Dr. Perry saw me before discharge. He had the nurse remove the bandages and then he deflated and inflated the prothesis and showed me how to do that. He left the penis inflated. I have a follow up with him on 11/21.

Pain has been minimal. Since home I only take Aleve or Extra Strength Tylenol. I had minimal bruising. Am a bit sore and am off and am slightly aware of the prothesis components in my scrotum. I have done some inflating and deflating rounds. Dr. Perry told me to several times daily place my fingers on the pump mechanism in my scrotum and gently pull it down to keep it in the bottom area of the scrotum.

I will try to post some photos here but am having trouble with them being accepted due to size of file. They are only each about 300 KB jpegs.
Attachments
Side View.jpg
Side View.jpg (247.71 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
Age 65: Had BPH corrected by PVP Green Light TURP in February 2012. Difficulties with ED since about 2005. Live in Sarasota, FL. Gay male in monogamous relationship since 1997.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 am

Congratulations Chas. It’s looking good. Soon you will be enjoying your new bionics.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Looking good man!!!

If you're taking them on your phone you should be able to drop the resolution in camera settings or resize them afterwards.

Glad you're healing well!!!

I'm ready to join you gents as a bionic brother soon!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

chas5344

Postby chas5344 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks. I did resize them on the computer but they still weren't small enough. I will take your tip and resize on phone setting before I take the photos.
Age 65: Had BPH corrected by PVP Green Light TURP in February 2012. Difficulties with ED since about 2005. Live in Sarasota, FL. Gay male in monogamous relationship since 1997.

chas5344

Postby chas5344 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:53 am

Yesterday was my surgery followup appointment with Dr. Perry. He examined me and stated that the healing was looking good. He deflated me slightly. He confirmed that I understood how to inflate and deflate and stated that I could do that daily. He also said I should not have sex with the prothesis for at least another two weeks.

My penis is still a bit sore and very slightly swollen. I don't feel the reservoir in my abdomen, I am aware of the pump in my scrotum and sometimes it is uncomfortable when I sit down. All of that is lessening with time.

He said that he had installed 18cm cylinders with 2cm rear tip extenders for a total length of 20cm.

I find that the inflation and deflation of the cylinders is an easy process. Inflation makes my scrotum sore due to the pressing on the pump. This soreness also is decreasing.

Visible is my Prince Albert Piercing, I reinserted one of my rings prior to the doctor visit. In this photo I am partially inflated and the rigidity is more than adequate for an erection with my ring included.
Attachments
Implant Front View - Surgery Scar.jpg
Implant Front View - Surgery Scar.jpg (254.96 KiB) Viewed 2821 times

chas5344

Postby chas5344 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:59 am

TomW46 wrote:I'm in North Port, FL just a few miles south of you. Is Dr. Perry planning to do an infrapubic or a penoscrotal surgery? I found flights (TPA to BWI) on Spirit for as low as $85 round trip! Keep us informed regarding your progress.

I don't know if I answered your question or not. Dr. Perry did do an infrapubic incision vertical.

It is healing very well. They glued the incision closed.

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 am

Would you please post a current pic? How is the pain while pumping now?
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:23 pm

TomW46 - how are you doing with your recovery?

I'm not a happy camper. I was activated at 6 weeks (3 days ago). I can pump it up now but I can't deflate the damn thing. The pump is high and I can't get hold of both sides of the valve at the same time because it is somehow connected to my right ball. And, when I do try to squeeze it is painful. After a few minutes trying I hit my pain limit and have to stop trying. Did you get a Titan or an AMS?
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

calixtus

Postby calixtus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 pm

chas5344 wrote:
TomW46 wrote:I'm in North Port, FL just a few miles south of you. Is Dr. Perry planning to do an infrapubic or a penoscrotal surgery? I found flights (TPA to BWI) on Spirit for as low as $85 round trip! Keep us informed regarding your progress.

I don't know if I answered your question or not. Dr. Perry did do an infrapubic incision vertical.
TomW46 wrote:
TomW46 - how are you doing with your recovery?

I'm not a happy camper. I was activated at 6 weeks (3 days ago). I can pump it up now but I can't deflate the damn thing. The pump is high and I can't get hold of both sides of the valve at the same time because it is somehow connected to my right ball. And, when I do try to squeeze it is painful. After a few minutes trying I hit my pain limit and have to stop trying. Did you get a Titan or an AMS?

It is healing very well. They glued the incision closed.

I have AMS700LGX 11 weeks now. It was only 2 weeks ago that I started to get it working, holding the gizmo still and squeezing the bulb. Uro demonstrated on me: push AMS to one side against scrotum, hold tubes on top (not too hard as fluid comes thru there) and give bulb hard squeeze. Pause while it refills, then pump again. After ten pumps my scrotum and thumb are sore. Take a rest, then do it again, then rest and repeat.
Ask uro for model implant so you totally get the feel of it. Diagrams and videos didn’t help me.
2003 Radical Prostatectomy
2008 AMS 800 Urinary Control System / Dr S Radomski / Toronto Western Hospital
2017, Sept. AMS 700 LGX Dr Dean Elterman / Tor Western Hospital
Geriatric Stud, 75, gay, 24 yrs married to male in open relationship.

Return to “Implants”