AMS Pro/con's Any negatives?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jamesbond

AMS Pro/con's Any negatives?

Postby Jamesbond » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am

I saw 2 Dr's about getting an implant. I got measured up.
Both recommend the Titan
I brought it up using the AMS, all I got was basically that is what they use and that I would be happy with it. The Dr I thought more of said that he has used both the Titan and AMS but he was going to use the Titan.
I lost length thru the years. I would like it back. I think after awhile I could get almost a inch back.
By this site I think the majority get the Titan implant. Is their anything wrong with the AMS. Does it have a higher failure rate? Infection rate?
Does it feel unnatural? Any reason why I would be better with the Titan?
Or is it just Dr's personal preference.

I would think the AMS would be more popular because it can grow a little. Thinking of seeing another Dr. Try to get the AMS.
Thank you
Bond
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Larry10625

Re: AMS Pro/con's Any negatives?

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Jamesbond wrote:I saw 2 Dr's about getting an implant. I got measured up.
Both recommend the Titan
I brought it up using the AMS, all I got was basically that is what they use and that I would be happy with it. The Dr I thought more of said that he has used both the Titan and AMS but he was going to use the Titan.
I lost length thru the years. I would like it back. I think after awhile I could get almost a inch back.
By this site I think the majority get the Titan implant. Is their anything wrong with the AMS. Does it have a higher failure rate? Infection rate?

I would think the AMS would be more popular because it can grow a little. Thinking of seeing another Dr. Try to get the AMS.
Thank you
Bond

This particular subject will cause a lot of argument. It seems to me that those that have the Titan will say that the Titan is best and those with the AMS will say it's better. The AMS has a special anti=infection coating. As far as losing length, vacuum before surgery and follow EVERYTHING the doctor says and you'll be fine.

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:57 pm

my dr. has said, and i think there is a significant consensus, that a coloplast titan gives better results with peyronies.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:22 pm

My doctor listened to allow you history and concerns. Those included 2" loss of length and also loss of girth, and I told him I swim laps and didn't want to look like I had a hardon in my speedo. He said he uses both brands and had no favoritism towards either. He told me about the features and benefits and then said based on my anatomy he would like to use an AMS LGX. He said it would help my regain some of my lost size and be more easily concealed in my speedo. He also said the cylinders of the AMS fit my penis the best. That said, he let me know he would use whichever brand I wanted. I could not be happier with my AMS.

Today is my 6 week anniversary of being implanted. I get a hard erection for sex, have all of my people-implant feelings, have already regained length and girth, and am very pleased with how it looks in swimwear and jeans.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:34 am

I'm very happy with my AMS. At first the squarish pump bothered me, but I have become very used to it and it's not an issue any more. I like the natural look of the flaccid.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 am

Greg1956 wrote:didn't want to look like I had a hardon in my speedo.

I didn't want to look weird those times when I wear a speedo either. :lol:

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:02 am

Jamesbond wrote:I saw 2 Dr's about getting an implant. I got measured up.
Both recommend the Titan

Thank you
Bond

I didn't notice the first time but you say the majority on here use the Titan. Not true. I would say it is probably 50-50 and if one is more, I would say that, from what I have read, the AMS has more users than the Titan. Most Titan users have large weapons in their jeans. :D

Larry

bigbadbrad

Postby bigbadbrad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 pm

My doctor, Edward Karpman, showed me both but I wanted to use the LGX to regain lost length if possible. I lost almost 2" of length after surgery but Dr. K told me to "pump, pump, pump." After a year, I started stretching exercises, and after a year of those plus pumping the LGX, I got back to
1/4" of the original length I had. Was 7.5" and now 7.25" and 5.75" girth. I have had no issues with the LGX and would use it again if I had to replace the implant.

Either the AMX or Coloplast will work. Work with you doctor and get informed as to all of the
differences between the two. The LGX cylinders are .75" max diameter and the Coloplast is .80".
For a larger penis, the larger diameter Coloplast cylinder seems to be more recommended from what I have ascertained. Listen to your doctor, but also give him your preference if you have one.
Good luck and I hope you get great results!

BBB
LGX 18 w/3 RT extenders 2/24/15 by DR.Edward Karpman in CA. ED caused by venous leakage for 10 years. Age 72. Home is Louisiana. Lost but regained by stretching, pumping. Now 7.25 x 5.75 and happy with results!!!

DonDon

Postby DonDon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:52 pm

I have AMS CX (18 + 2).
Comments: My penis is narrow and feel the Coloplast would have stretched it out too much. The AMS gets painful after about 45 minutes of inflation. There is a big gap between the factory offerings for AMS. The jump is from 18 cm to 21 cm. I could have taken a 20 cm model, but since not offered, my doctor went with the 18 and it only comes to within about 2 mm of my glans. Lost 2 cm there. The LGX would have made up the difference, but he insisted that the LGX isn't proven (I disagree) and hasn't delivered the lengthening it advertises in his patients, and he WON'T use it. What do I know? I am 3 months out and am doing quite well. Still a little uncomfortable. They say it takes 6+ months to feel like you own it. But erections are shorter than before, but excellent. Compared to an 18 year old normal penis, I'd rate it about 5 out of 10. Compared to the two years of pills, injections and vacuum pumps, i'd rate it a 10+ out of 10. And, most important, my wife has taken to it like a banshee. Her orgasms are continuous. We break a moment and she jumps on top for more. Close enough. It ain't my favorite penis yet, but it is HERS!
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:13 pm

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Return to “Implants”