Question for AMS LGX Guys

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Re: Question for AMS LGX Guys

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 am

Thanks guys for your responses.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 am

Greg1956 wrote:Bandit,
There are many guys who are curious about AMS vs. Titan. It’s great when we have members who have had had both to give some input, but an important thing we all need to remember is the prior implant was old and likely not exactly the same as it would be today. Materials and technology have changed over the years, making each brand better today than in the past.

Agreed Greg BUT at least that member will have a general idea for comparison and as long as everyone remembers that you are not comparing oranges to oranges, you are comparing oranges to clementine's, it will be a valuable response. I s eh?aw that an AMS lasted 24 years for one of our members... that's fantastic eh?

Larry

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Yeah. Let me clearify. Im mot concerned so much with the technology of the materials as i am with the fit and feeling. Just wondering with the operational differences are when someone has the ams they could not report about the titan and vice versa. So here is a guy that will experience both and would like to hear as he heals what his real life experiences are. Hope that helps.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

chas5344

Postby chas5344 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 am

I only had my surgery on 11/8, so I can only provide beginning experience. Currently I am partially inflated per the doctor. He showed me how to inflate and deflate. I have an AMS LGX. The deflate works best if you push and hold the button for 4 seconds. Then the fluid will nearly completely drain back to the reservoir. I give an update once I am healed and cycling inflating and deflating as to how my penis hangs.
Age 65: Had BPH corrected by PVP Green Light TURP in February 2012. Difficulties with ED since about 2005. Live in Sarasota, FL. Gay male in monogamous relationship since 1997.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 am

chas5344 wrote:I only had my surgery on 11/8, so I can only provide beginning experience. Currently I am partially inflated per the doctor. He showed me how to inflate and deflate. I have an AMS LGX. The deflate works best if you push and hold the button for 4 seconds. Then the fluid will nearly completely drain back to the reservoir. I give an update once I am healed and cycling inflating and deflating as to how my penis hangs.

Yes, Please do. :)

Larry

Ams700man

Postby Ams700man » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 am

BBB

also spent a year of stretching to lengthen me after losing almost
two inches and this definitely helped the natural length insofar as I look like a "shower" now, not a
"grower." Perhaps just be more patient and things will "swing better" for you....

How did you streched it out?
What did you use?
What methods?

Thank you.
Ever
Washington
Ams700LGX
Implanted on 8/30/17
45yrs old
Started ED at 37

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:18 pm

chas5344 wrote:I only had my surgery on 11/8, so I can only provide beginning experience. Currently I am partially inflated per the doctor. He showed me how to inflate and deflate. I have an AMS LGX. The deflate works best if you push and hold the button for 4 seconds. Then the fluid will nearly completely drain back to the reservoir. I give an update once I am healed and cycling inflating and deflating as to how my penis hangs.

I had my surgery 11/6 and was left at 75% inflation. 12 hours later the head of my penis felt like it was being crushed in a vice and my doctor deflated me to 55% or so. My first postop meeting will be 11/15.

You are abel to inflate and deflate at 5 days postop. That (to me) is amazing, though I know others can do it earlier. At 5 days, I was still too sore to locate the parts of the pump for sure, though I did find the bulb (hard as a rock) and a corner of the valve block. AMS LGX, 18 + 3 implanted peno-scrotal Nov 6 by Dr. Tavis Shaw at Elmendorf Hospital, USAF, Anchorage, AK.

So, I would like to ask:

Were you infra-pubic or peno-scrotal? I am led to believe infra-pubic is less traumatic to the scrotum.

When did your doctor first show you how to inflate and deflate and are you cycling now? How extensively?

What degree of inflation were you left at?

Thank you for sharing.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”