Recovery Time ( pain free )

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
HEMAN99

Recovery Time ( pain free )

Postby HEMAN99 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:25 am

It’s been 25 days and my pain still persists. I can not stand or work long hours. There seems to be a constant pain after few hours of sitting or walking. Mostly the pain from the scortum. Is this normal? How long does it take for the complete pain to go away? Did any one have swelling return after a month?
Got Implanted on Sep 20th with Dr. Kramer. I have 16cm+5cm rte CXR

medhatg

Re: Recovery Time ( pain free )

Postby medhatg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 am

HEMAN99 wrote:It’s been 25 days and my pain still persists. I can not stand or work long hours. There seems to be a constant pain after few hours of sitting or walking. Mostly the pain from the scortum. Is this normal? How long does it take for the complete pain to go away? Did any one have swelling return after a month?

I was experiencing similar symptoms, talked to my surgeon, he told me to take a strong anti-inflammatory Diclofenac and take it easy. I laid in bed for 3 days with legs open and the thanks to the Lord, the scrotum pain and swelling is gone. I still have discomfort but nothing compared to the previous pain.
Take care
Matt

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Is it pain or strong soreness?
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 am

HEMAN99 wrote:It’s been 25 days and my pain still persists. I can not stand or work long hours. There seems to be a constant pain after few hours of sitting or walking. Mostly the pain from the scortum. Is this normal? How long does it take for the complete pain to go away? Did any one have swelling return after a month?

The problem is with the word "Pain". It is a very subjective word. For me, what I would consider a 5/10 on the pain scale might be a 3 for someone and a 7 for someone else. Have you been taking the meds that were prescribed? How is the swelling? Do you have a fever? Have you been icing?

Larry

HEMAN99

Postby HEMAN99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 am

No fever and no pain meds... I still get pain when sitting on desk job for longer hours and also I feel that I’m not completely healed inside... the pain from walking long distances and standing with pump in scortum is so irritating and constantly reminds of implant inside... feeling lot of discomfort as well..
Got Implanted on Sep 20th with Dr. Kramer. I have 16cm+5cm rte CXR

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:49 pm

HEMAN99 wrote:No fever and no pain meds... I still get pain when sitting on desk job for longer hours and also I feel that I’m not completely healed inside... the pain from walking long distances and standing with pump in scortum is so irritating and constantly reminds of implant inside... feeling lot of discomfort as well..

I have said a 100 times on here. Some people react differently then others. But no matter who you are it takes 100 days for everyone to recover full from any surgery. You will be fine
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Have you talked to your doctor who performed the operation or any other urologist?
Just curious if it could be something got wrapped or tangled or (hopefully not) infected.
Not meant to scare you, and certainly pain and threshold are different for each of us but swelling coming back seems odd.

Hope it heals and you're pain free soon!
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:11 am

No pain with my first implant but my new one hurts in two areas: the bend/crease area where the two cylinders bend downward 90 degrees; and the right testicle (the pump is too high and the corner of the pump digs into the testicle).

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Tybeeman is right: experiences of successful, competently performed penile implant surgery vary enormously.
If it's any comfort to you, I was told to expect significant discomfort for a fortnight, commencing about a week post-op. What I actually experienced was debilitating pain for 7 weeks that largely confined me to bed, and had my surgeon worried that I'd become opioid dependent. It was much worse than either the rotator cuff repair (and they are reputedly bad) or the prostatectomy that I'd undergone in the previous 8 months. (I was not exactly gobbling the hydrocodone down, but was consuming more than I'd prefer.)
But then it went away, pretty much over about a week or so. And now, at 6 months, an occasional twinge happens.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 pm

I understand your frustration. In my case, 7 months and still experience from discomfort to pain. Cannot wait for the revision to have this darn thing fixed!!!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”