Lifetime Warranty

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
liber.tine

Lifetime Warranty

Postby liber.tine » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:49 am

Hi guys,
even though i dont have to pay for the implant, iam curious if the lifetime-warranty for implants is real and legally valid. Do you think implant manufactures even want that or are they more interested in the failure of implants to sell more? Then it would make total sense for both Ams and Coloplast to develope new implantfeatures in terms of usability and comfort but not in durability.

I dont wanna be pessimistic here but its hard to believe that it isnt possible to manufacture an Implant that lasts for 15-20 years. If the lifetime-warranty indeed is true then we can sure lean back and wait for the next innovation to come that makes the implants even more durable, since they would be truley interested that the implant lasts as long as possible.

Greetings.

Dustyknox

Re: Lifetime Warranty

Postby Dustyknox » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:39 am

Considering there is a lifetime warranty, I don’t see how it would be financially advantageous for the company to make an implant that doesn’t last as long as possible.

Dr Eid says a reasonable expectation for today’s implants is more than 10 years. Although he acknowledges a minority of patients will not last that long. He has many patients that have had theirs for 20 years. It would seem likely that the models 20 years ago are inferior to the models used today.

I hope that mine doesn’t wear out for 10 or more years, and then the models will be even more durable at that time.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

Return to “Implants”