How soon can I go back to work after being implanted?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
anotherguy

How soon can I go back to work after being implanted?

Postby anotherguy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:31 am

I'd like to know how soon can I go back to work after being implanted? I know that everybody is different but I'd like to get a general idea. My job generally requires that I walk a good amount and I usually work a lot of hours.

Thanks
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

David_R

Re: How soon can I go back to work after being implanted?

Postby David_R » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 am

I was back to work in a week, but I have a desk job. I think guys whose jobs require a lot of physical exertion would have to wait longer, following doctor's orders.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:07 am

Although retired and no formal job. I was clearing our land for our house. Driving a small tractor to clear brush, cutting some trees ,cutting in to logs, dragging with tractor to trailer all physical stuff. My Dr had me take it easy 2 weeks prior and told dont even think about it for 8 weeks post.

Standing and walking could cause some swelling. I know if I sm on my feet along time they swell. The other problem is irritation from underwear if you wear them or pants if you dont

toolmaker

Postby toolmaker » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 am

I was implanted 3 weeks ago as of today. I felt like going to work on Monday 10 days after my surgery but Dr. Christine would not release me until Thursday 2 weeks after surgery. I 'm glad he made me wait. I work 10 hours a day and walk a lot during my day also. I had some swelling and pain during and after the first couple of days. It's now 3 weeks and things are getting better, still some swelling and some pain but mostly discomfort.
AMS 700 implanted 8-14-2017

Jerryf

Postby Jerryf » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Two weeks. Third week will still hurt a bit if on your feet much. Nuts will feel like they are on fire. I'm 3 months since surgery and still a bit of discomfort at times. Depends on your job also. The less walking the better. Nice tight underwear to hold things in place helps. Good luck
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:40 pm

I have a desk job, and i couldn't imagine trying to work in the first two weeks.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

HEMAN99

Postby HEMAN99 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm at 2 weeks now... I can't even imagine going to work in next 2 weeks... healing is slow.. I still have swelling. If it's a desk job only maybe after 20 days...else 4 weeks is idle for going to work... recovery is lot of discomfort and you will have pain when walking... but you don't get pain while laying flat
Got Implanted on Sep 20th with Dr. Kramer. I have 16cm+5cm rte CXR

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 pm

I drove ten hours round trip on day seven. It was not comfortable but I did it. On day eight I flew cross county. It was not comfortable but I did it. On day twelve I flew back with less discomfort. It depends on the nature of your work, how your body responds to surgery, your pain threshold, your level of stoicism, and probably a few additional factors.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Return to “Implants”