WTF did I do that phase and how did you deal with it

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sliphill

Re: WTF did I do that phase and how did you deal with it

Postby sliphill » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:27 pm

medhatg wrote:I'm currently 11 days post op for implant of my LGX 700. The healing process is going fine. However, I started to get into the "WTF did I do to myself?" phase. All of a sudden now I long to the injection days, blah blah.

Just wondering, Is this normal? and how did you deal with it?

Thank you

Oh yeah, I went through that and I remember I got totally depressed about it. Then I texted someone from the forum and told them and they told me they went through the same thing. Told me it was kinda normal to feel this way. From that point on, it didn't bother me. Now almost 4 months post op, I don't even think about it.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:01 am

Tybeeman wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:
ccrider, I agree with you a 100% the recovery time is downplayed. My doctor did tell me it would be 6 weeks before i would see a difference in soreness and 3 months before I was real comfortable. I am sure there are others out there that had no pain after 4 weeks and fucking with no soreness and good for them. Until you feel back to normal you will have a few WTF moments. I wouldn't give this thing back now for nothing

Good morning gents;
The doctors are not the problem, the patients are. (NO, I'm not a doctor). Patients expect the doctors to be able to answer all questions and sometimes they can't. Rather then the patient just accepting what the doctor says, the patient just looks for another way to ask the question. Doctors cannot answer questions about pain. They don't know how much pain and for how long. The problem is if you put 10 post op patients in one room that all had the exact same procedure, you will probably get 8 different answers about the pain. So when the say 4 weeks, 5, n6, etc. they are just estimates based on what other patients have told them.

Larry

I agree Larry but one thing is for sure. The human body takes 100 days to heal. Now you may feel pain or not. Maybe sore or not. But what ever surgery you have, it is 100 days to heal

I agree, that is why Dr. Brock is making me wait 6 months to re-implant me. He wants to ensure that I am fully healed before the surgery and because I am a type II diabetic, I heal a little slower than the average man.

Larry

chonky

Postby chonky » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 pm

For me the WTF phase turned out very bad for me. I had been becoming very frustrated with my Titan re inflating after I would squeeze out the cylinders. This turned into a continual cycle thru the day and caused discomfort. In addition my tips did not stay seated in the glans when in the flaccid stage but protruded below the glans on the underside of my penis especially when laying in bed. I was scared they would eventually wear thru the thin skin there and was miserable with that . At six weeks a mass of tissue began to form around the pump the size of a cue ball causing more discomfort and difficulty in pumping or releasing the cylinders .The doctor told me later that he had another patient who experienced the same thing and had to have it removed and replaced. I had a very high pressure job to begin with and more pressure was added when a coworkers spouse passed and I had to take on her responsibilities in addition to my own. This created the perfect storm of a WTF moment . I would do anything to get back to where I was before the surgery. I called the doctor and told him I was about to climb out of my skin over all of this. He offered to remove it and I accepted. Looking back if I had to deal with just one of these problems at those moments I may have been able to make it but not with all of them. That was 5yrs ago and I am now retired and considering trying again. I have seen the doctor but have not been able to bring myself to schedule it. I'm thinking after the first of the year but am still hesitant.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

nudist

Postby nudist » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:48 pm

chonky wrote:For me the WTF phase turned out very bad for me. I had been becoming very frustrated with my Titan re inflating after I would squeeze out the cylinders. This turned into a continual cycle thru the day and caused discomfort. In addition my tips did not stay seated in the glans when in the flaccid stage but protruded below the glans on the underside of my penis especially when laying in bed. I was scared they would eventually wear thru the thin skin there and was miserable with that . At six weeks a mass of tissue began to form around the pump the size of a cue ball causing more discomfort and difficulty in pumping or releasing the cylinders .The doctor told me later that he had another patient who experienced the same thing and had to have it removed and replaced. I had a very high pressure job to begin with and more pressure was added when a coworkers spouse passed and I had to take on her responsibilities in addition to my own. This created the perfect storm of a WTF moment . I would do anything to get back to where I was before the surgery. I called the doctor and told him I was about to climb out of my skin over all of this. He offered to remove it and I accepted. Looking back if I had to deal with just one of these problems at those moments I may have been able to make it but not with all of them. That was 5yrs ago and I am now retired and considering trying again. I have seen the doctor but have not been able to bring myself to schedule it. I'm thinking after the first of the year but am still hesitant.

damn. that should give a lot of people second thoughts about doing it.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:58 am

Would like to see some detail.
You can place it in your signature. Doctor’s name, implant details, dates etc.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 am

chonky wrote:For me the WTF phase turned out very bad for me. I had been becoming very frustrated with my Titan re inflating after I would squeeze out the cylinders. This turned into a continual cycle thru the day and caused discomfort. In addition my tips did not stay seated in the glans when in the flaccid stage but protruded below the glans on the underside of my penis especially when laying in bed. I was scared they would eventually wear thru the thin skin there and was miserable with that . At six weeks a mass of tissue began to form around the pump the size of a cue ball causing more discomfort and difficulty in pumping or releasing the cylinders .The doctor told me later that he had another patient who experienced the same thing and had to have it removed and replaced. I had a very high pressure job to begin with and more pressure was added when a coworkers spouse passed and I had to take on her responsibilities in addition to my own. This created the perfect storm of a WTF moment . I would do anything to get back to where I was before the surgery. I called the doctor and told him I was about to climb out of my skin over all of this. He offered to remove it and I accepted. Looking back if I had to deal with just one of these problems at those moments I may have been able to make it but not with all of them. That was 5yrs ago and I am now retired and considering trying again. I have seen the doctor but have not been able to bring myself to schedule it. I'm thinking after the first of the year but am still hesitant.

May I suggest that you create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
"AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. I'm from Belleville, Ontario, CANADA. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait."

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

Return to “Implants”