Two Weeks Post Op But Can't Deflate

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AirWolf

Two Weeks Post Op But Can't Deflate

Postby AirWolf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm two weeks post op and the doctor said I could deflate at this time. I've watched the videos and gotten some good tips from Bob2.2, but despite squeezing with my might it doesn't release. I can feel the components quite well so I know I'm in the right location. I don't think I can squeeze harder than I am. Any tips? Similar experience?

My follow up is in a few more weeks so worst case the doc can do it then (of course there's a slight fear that it's broken or that I'll be able to do this on my own)
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

David_R

Re: Two Weeks Post Op But Can't Deflate

Postby David_R » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:01 pm

AirWolf, are you returning to Baltimore for your follow-up visit? If so, I have the same model implant you do and I could perhaps help you do what you cannot do now. (I have done that for other guys in the past.)
Last edited by David_R on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Go to the doctor's office sooner. They will likely be able to show you exactly where the release valve is located. I have great dexterity, and I was completely lost until my doc showed me on day 13.

Also, some doctors and research shows that early activation is important to maintain size.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 pm

I know the Titan button is a pain in the ass at first. They are hard

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:02 pm

hturner12 wrote:I know the Titan button is a pain in the ass at first. They are hard

I had a pre-op visit with my surgeon who told me that with the titans, he uses an older style pump with a sliding bar-type valve. he said it makes pumping easier and deflating problem free as well as eliminates any possibility of "auto-inflation".

my procedure was rescheduled to Nov 3 due to the active hurricane season.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Once you find the OTR button it ok. to lockout auto inflate once deflated one good pump. I was worried about that also

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm

AirWolf wrote:I'm two weeks post op and the doctor said I could deflate at this time. I've watched the videos and gotten some good tips from Bob2.2, but despite squeezing with my might it doesn't release. I can feel the components quite well so I know I'm in the right location. I don't think I can squeeze harder than I am. Any tips? Similar experience?

My follow up is in a few more weeks so worst case the doc can do it then (of course there's a slight fear that it's broken or that I'll be able to do this on my own)

I had a similar problem after my activation. I would suggest getting into a bathtub filled with hot water...it was a helluva lot easier to maneuver once your scrotum is submerged...especially this soon after the procedure. Take your index finger and trace up the back of the pump and up to the back of deflation block (exact opposite side of the deflation button...you'll feel the circular indentations). Keep your index finger there. Now, take your thumb and feel for the raised deflate button which is on the other side of the deflation block directly opposite from where your index finger is now. Now squeeze both your index finger and thumb together (think a claw-like move) and you should hear a buzzing noise which indicates that the saline is leaving the cylinders and moving through the valve...keep squeezing until the buzzing stops...at least 4-5 seconds. Then squeeze any excess fluid from your penis...can be actually wrung out in a sense. You might also practice w/ the rubber keychain model which I'm sure you received...let me know if that works for you. Sometimes you may actually have to push your thumb a little farther down as the block tends to get angled etc. Regardless, you'll become an ace as to deflation shortly...one other thing to try before deflation is a reset...put fingers on both ends of the deflation block and push them together...the block will actually bend slightly...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 pm

I have an AMS700LGX also. I was just implanted one week ago so I am not at activation stage yet but had an incident where I tried to deflate because I was left so erect after surgery that I couldn't hold my penis down to pee in the toilet. I tried and tried without success. I went in for an unplanned appt and my surgeon deflated it a bit immediately. What I did notice is the pressure on my scrotum was much greater when he did it than when I did. I think I must have been too cautious based on how tender my scrotum is. I hope once the incision is healed and any swelling and bruising are gone that it will be easier. I have three weeks until I go in for my activation lesson. My bet is you are not pushing it hard enough.
Last edited by Greg1956 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Greg1956 wrote:I have an AMS700LGX also. I was just implanted one week ago so I am not at activation stage yet but had an incident where I tried to deflate because I was left so erect after surgery that I couldn't hold my penis down to pee in the toilet. I tried and tried without success. I went in for an unplanned appt and my surgeon deflated it a bit immediately. What I did notice is the pressure on my scrotum was much greater when he did it than when I did. I think I must have been too cautious based on how tender my scrotum is. I hope once the incision is healed and any swelling and bruising are gone that it will be easier. I have three weeks until I go in for my activation lesson. My het is you are not pushing it hard enough.

... I was pretty surprised how hard I had to squeeze that little bugger. More surprised how hard I had to squeeze my new third nut to inflate. And surprised how hard I have to squeeze little Bob to wring out the saline. Who knew managing a hard on would involve such hard work. :lol:
But it beats the hardship of ED.
Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm

First tim dr did mind felt like a pair of vise grips

Return to “Implants”