Medical record privacy

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Re: Medical record privacy

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 am

The prescription drug epidemic is changing a lot of standard protocol. When I went for my pre-op appt before implant surgery I was expecting to get my prescriptions for aftercare. When I had previous surgeries I had always gotten them at pre-op so they would be at home when I arrived there following surgery. This time I was told they are not allowed to give put prescriptions until afterwards because people were abusing the system by scheduling surgeries, getting the drugs, and then cancelling the surgery. We live in a whacky world.

I hate the invasion Dustyknox experienced. I see why some regulations are required. I am not sure there is a great solution.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:07 am

Greg1956 wrote:The prescription drug epidemic is changing a lot of standard protocol. When I went for my pre-op appt before implant surgery I was expecting to get my prescriptions for aftercare. When I had previous surgeries I had always gotten them at pre-op so they would be at home when I arrived there following surgery. This time I was told they are not allowed to give put prescriptions until afterwards because people were abusing the system by scheduling surgeries, getting the drugs, and then cancelling the surgery. We live in a whacky world.

I hate the invasion Dustyknox experienced. I see why some regulations are required. I am not sure there is a great solution.

Agreed. :(

Maybe the solution is to find a treatment for pain that works without getting you stoned and/or hooked.

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Going back to Electronic Records, the fact is that this is an area well regulated, but few clinicians to not know or understand the fine line between what is acceptable and what is wrong. Very concerning...
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Dustyknox wrote:one of my friends that is a pharmacist at the local hospital asked me how my implant surgery went. I've never even been to his hospital. I'm assuming he must have looked up my prescription history, saw the pain killers from Dr Eid's office, and then googled Dr Eid's specially.

I would consider reporting this "friend" to the pharmacy board. His inquiry to the database would have been logged, and he had no medical reason to make that inquiry unless he was filling a prescription for you. Seems like a clear and easily proven ethical violation, and probably illegal as well. Unless you want to maintain this friendship I would burn him down.

Ahappigui

Postby Ahappigui » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Nothing is sacred in this electronic world.....he had gall"! If you had wanted him to know you would have told him. If he accessed such info in defiance of protocol he deserves to be reported. This the only way we as citizens have to make an attempt to protect ourselves and the system overall.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 am

Dustyknox wrote:Can a pharmacist at a hospital where I have never been a patient pull my prescription drug history?

Please only answer if you have direct knowledge.

The simple answer is yes, but all look-ups are logged and can be traced and must be justified if challenged.

Return to “Implants”