First activation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sliphill

Re: First activation

Postby sliphill » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:05 pm

It was 6 1/2 weeks for me.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:34 pm

There is a paper by Caraceni, et al I have cited on FrankTalk a few times where the advantages of early activation vs no early activation was studied. Implantees were divided into two groups, "Early Activation" and a control group, "No Early Activation" (the typical treatment).

The advantages were significant, particularly in preventing loss of size.

The problems were also significant. The Early Activation group suffered a high dropout rate due to discomfort (read: pain).

This study is confirmed by another study I read that had men activating at two weeks. The protocol was to have the men come into the ADoctor's office for the Doctor to activate the pump and halt the inflation when the patient requested due to discomfort.

At two weeks, almost all the men called a halt early on. So, they were to come back two weeks later and the cycle repeated every two weeks until all patients were activated.

Most of the patients were unable to begin cycling on their own until 6 to 8 weeks post-op, thus confirming the difficulty (and rarity) of early activation.

However, the skill of hte surgeon will have a great deal to do with the amount of discomfort with early activation. Also the degree of post-op residual inflation will bear on the results. The individual patient's pain tolerance also. Last, but not least is the factor of how much trauma, bleeding, etc. was observed by the surgeon during the operation. If Dr. Eid observed an easy insertion with little trauma to your tissues, you might very well have no problem with a 3 day start time. The ultimate deciding factor will be what your own body tells you.

The physicians' mantra is "First, do no harm." It should be the patients', also. "Do no harm to yourself."
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gordon

Postby Gordon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 pm

It is going to be a really rough task to inflate in three days. No matter what your doctor says. Cycling the implant at least for me took at least 4 months before the pump loosened up and my sack could handle the squeezing during the process.
Married 64
AMS LGX 700 2/15/2017

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:45 pm

I guess this confirms Treetop's point in his recent thread, that in fact Eid is attempting to activate patients a few days after surgery. Treetop was thinking that the doctor may have misspoke, but it seems that this is in fact the case.

Keep us updated man.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:33 am

Great info lost sheep. I have been on testosterone replacement therapy for years, so my testes and scrotum are smaller than average. The pump is easily accessible, but the deflation valve is very difficult to reach as it sits inside my scrotum. The minimal swelling I do have is near the valve as well. Dr Eid assures me that as the swelling decreases, it will be very easy to access. Aesthetically it looks great.

Yesterday (13 days) I was able to activate for the first time when his nurse showed me where the valve was located. I am incredibly sore from it, but I will repeat it again today. I just have to build up enough courage. Haha
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 am

Glad to hear that all is well.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Jonesey

Postby Jonesey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm 10 days post-op I've had very little pain, my pump is in a perfect placement, I can feel deflation button easily. Almost all bruising and swelling are gone, so I activated my pump today. I got 6 pumps in with no pain or discomfort, my dick was hard as a rock. I was so horny precum was coming out. When I pressed the deflation button I heard the buzz and felt the the fluid going back out of cylinders. Probably should not have done it, but curiosity set in and I had to do it. But I feel great no pain, back to my flaccid state everything feels fine. Have any of you guys had the same experience with early activation?
I get my stitches out this coming Wednesday. My surgeon did an excellent job,I haven't felt this confident in a long time. It has help me to read everyones experiences on here and I'm so glad I went bionic.
56 yo ED from Peyronies Disease with 50% curvature over the last 3 years. Tried taking Trental, verapamil cr, traction device and VED for 2-1/2 years.Implanted 9/11/17 AMS 700CX byTimothy Langford from Arkansas Urology Little Rock,Ar.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:15 pm

Jonesey wrote:I'm 10 days post-op I've had very little pain, my pump is in a perfect placement, I can feel deflation button easily. Almost all bruising and swelling are gone, so I activated my pump today. I got 6 pumps in with no pain or discomfort, my dick was hard as a rock. I was so horny precum was coming out. When I pressed the deflation button I heard the buzz and felt the the fluid going back out of cylinders. Probably should not have done it, but curiosity set in and I had to do it. But I feel great no pain, back to my flaccid state everything feels fine. Have any of you guys had the same experience with early activation?
I get my stitches out this coming Wednesday. My surgeon did an excellent job,I haven't felt this confident in a long time. It has help me to read everyones experiences on here and I'm so glad I went bionic.

I am really happy for you that everything worked out. Just one question;
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? What is things had not gone that way?

Larry

Jonesey

Postby Jonesey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Larry, your right that was very stupid on my part. I've always been the impatient one. And even though everything went well, it could have gone very bad. So anyone else that reads these DO NOT! try this because of my experience and go by your doctors orders.
56 yo ED from Peyronies Disease with 50% curvature over the last 3 years. Tried taking Trental, verapamil cr, traction device and VED for 2-1/2 years.Implanted 9/11/17 AMS 700CX byTimothy Langford from Arkansas Urology Little Rock,Ar.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Jonesey wrote:Larry, your right that was very stupid on my part.

I was always hesitant to inflate my implant before the time my doctor told me the time was right to do so because I didn't want it to "explode" or anything, and I certainly did not want to have to go to the ER with a damaged penis because I was too horny to wait like the doctor had told me. ;)

Return to “Implants”