Ams vs Titan reliability..just my sensation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
maxxxxx

Re: Ams vs Titan reliability..just my sensation

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Yes Tangerine but......
I'm also sure about the greatest resistence and reliability of the Titan versus AMS regard the cilynders....Bioflex , 21 mm.... they are cylinder characteristics.... Infact the failures always affect not these but the tubes ( leackage with the conseguece of the flat pump)...
I think the problem is on the tubing ..
Titan 24cm . December 2015

torless50

Postby torless50 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:08 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:I think the decision should be based on mutual agreement after considering the pros and cons in relationship to each individual case. I want to trust my doctors, but such trust must be earned. It is my penis!!! And it is earned by having an open, intelligence, constructive and above all honest dialogue in which the final decision is achieved through logic, not unilaterally "because I am the surgeon." Being on both situations; one gives me peace, the other brings headaches.

Agree 100% with ThePlumber
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Maxxxxx writes...... the titan failures always affect....the tubes ( leackage with the conseguece of the flat pump)...I think the problem is on the tubing ..

Agreed, it is often mentioned that that the most common point of failure for Titan is where the tubes go into the pump. Titan released the Titan OTR in 2008. Since then, they have released a newer version called "Titan Touch". I was lucky enough (at least I think it is good) to get the "Titan Touch". I assume (not certain) that Titan Touch has improved tubing ???? (I am not sure), I do not know if Titan changed the tubing insertions on the Titan Touch model (perhaps released around 2013, maybe ?). I can only hope that the Titan Touch iteration of that product has made some inroads with regards to the tubing failure rate.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

liber.tine

Postby liber.tine » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 pm

My doc said, he wants the titan for me.
Iam kinda afraid that the titan might fail earlier than the ams.
Has AMS a better tubing system, since cylinders seem to be not the cause of early failure?

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 pm

torless50 wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote:I think the decision should be based on mutual agreement after considering the pros and cons in relationship to each individual case. I want to trust my doctors, but such trust must be earned. It is my penis!!! And it is earned by having an open, intelligence, constructive and above all honest dialogue in which the final decision is achieved through logic, not unilaterally "because I am the surgeon." Being on both situations; one gives me peace, the other brings headaches.

Agree 100% with ThePlumber

torless,

The reason for my strong position on this is based on true first-hand experience. I started with my first implant to be much more lax about the whole process; I paid the price big time.

For the second one, I was much more involved, and the surgeon told me that he was so happy that finally he found a patient that educated himself to the level I did (my educational and background helped me). The result: even though required a second revision due to the pump high healing site, he accepted full responsibility and offered to re-do it 100% on him. Such an honorable person.

Then I decided that if I needed to go back to do a surgery, I should use a "high volume" one. Even my preparation, knowledge and involvement was seen and expressed as a negative thing at one point by the surgeon (weird attitude by a person that is supposed to be science based), the "high volume" glitter blinded me among other things, and went ahead with the surgery. Result: I have paid the price with "high interests".

Now, I am embarked on moving forward. So, this time I am reverting back to my instincts that has helped me to manage my health all my life since I got disabled in my late 30's.

So, during my interactions with several potential surgeons, I have been clear about it. All of them have been very comfortable and supportive of my position, and have even been surprised about the attitude of the last surgeon. They have assured me that I will not get that from them.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm

TANGERINE wrote:
Maxxxxx writes...... the titan failures always affect....the tubes ( leackage with the conseguece of the flat pump)...I think the problem is on the tubing ..

Agreed, it is often mentioned that that the most common point of failure for Titan is where the tubes go into the pump. Titan released the Titan OTR in 2008. Since then, they have released a newer version called "Titan Touch". I was lucky enough (at least I think it is good) to get the "Titan Touch". I assume (not certain) that Titan Touch has improved tubing ???? (I am not sure), I do not know if Titan changed the tubing insertions on the Titan Touch model (perhaps released around 2013, maybe ?). I can only hope that the Titan Touch iteration of that product has made some inroads with regards to the tubing failure rate.

Yes i have the Touch pump also.
I believe there were no improvements on tubing, otherwise it would be shown on medical articles and on advertisemet. The articles say about new touch pump ( from.2013) but nothing for tubing..
Titan 24cm . December 2015

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:49 pm

I also understand to have the touch. The touch was described to me as a poor copy to try to answer to the AMS pump. I find the touch part to be more hype than fact though. A good hard squeeze will deflate mine to about 3:30. If I want a proper deflate I have to hold it pressed hard and squeeze the pernineal area and penis. Then I have a comfortable flacid that will allow clothes to be worn. :shock: Makes it possible to go out in public rather than hide under a bridge.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
hturner12 wrote:That decision should be up to the dr after your exam

Exactly... Deciding before the surgery is NOT a good idea. Once the surgeon gets you open and he (or she) sees what they are working with, that is the time to decide. That is too important a decision to decide upon based on what is said on a forum or on advertising pages. A great surgeon will give you the best implant FOR YOU.:)

Larry

Any doctor with half assed experience can look at your dick and have a good idea what will fit and work. I was shocked to learn that Dr. Milam had ordered my first implant 3 months before I had scheduled surgery. Eid and Rybak both said from first appearance it should have had a Titan. It does not take too much experience to learn what size bolt fits what hole. I know they must measure for accuracy, much because the perineal depth is unknown and scaring can be unknown but in the long several years lessons I've had getting where I am now, it is clear a good doctor has a good idea on first look at your dick. Dr. Kramer told me over the phone after seeing a picture of mine what size he would put in and he was very close. He stated 23 cm total and I received 23.5. That is pretty good from a photo with a ruler beside my dick considering .5 cm is about 2/10ths of an inch.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”