Ams vs Titan reliability..just my sensation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
maxxxxx

Ams vs Titan reliability..just my sensation

Postby maxxxxx » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Please, do not ask why, it's just my sensation... I'm reading too many titan failure, today from other utent (most after not ever 3 years).
Yes i know there are many users with titan for many years satisfied and many no longer post, but my sensation is that Ams has more longevity then titan.
I have titan, I'm happy with it, wider cylinders, harder penis, my pump is perfect and easy to use.
but I have doubts about coloplast reliability...
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Anonymous3

Re: Ams vs Titan reliability..just my sensation

Postby Anonymous3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 pm

You have to get total number implanted the look at how many failed. The made some changes 2002 or 2012 to improve rel7abitky and infection control

liber.tine

Postby liber.tine » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm

i think we had that topic, but its also important for me to know since i have to judge which implant iam goin for...
Is there really a biggernumber of titan failures?

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:21 pm

That decision should be up to the dr after your exam

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Max with the 5 x's, I have been having the same thoughts all year. It seems to me there have been WAY too many failures of Titans that are 2 years old or less. I've only heard of a couple AMS. Last night when I pumped mine up I noticed if I waited a minute the hard bulb would be soft for 1 squeeze. Tells me there is some leak back there. Makes a person wonder. That said, I still like my Titan. 10x better than that AMS p.o.s. was. If it fails soon, I may be pissed but would still have to go with another because the A.M.S did not do it for me plus the pump was a glitchy square cornered annoyance from hell. 2 failures in a row I would be livid though. These things certainly are not in the reliability league of a pacemaker. If they were autos or kiddie car seats they would be recalled. Cheers man. Good to see your post. Take good care of that fine thing.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 pm

hturner12 wrote:That decision should be up to the dr after your exam

Exactly... Deciding before the surgery is NOT a good idea. Once the surgeon gets you open and he (or she) sees what they are working with, that is the time to decide. That is too important a decision to decide upon based on what is said on a forum or on advertising pages. A great surgeon will give you the best implant FOR YOU.:)

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 pm

I think the decision should be based on mutual agreement after considering the pros and cons in relationship to each individual case. I want to trust my doctors, but such trust must be earned. It is my penis!!! And it is earned by having an open, intelligence, constructive and above all honest dialogue in which the final decision is achieved through logic, not unilaterally "because I am the surgeon." Being on both situations; one gives me peace, the other brings headaches.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Here is a graph (posted previously by me on franktalk with vigorous discussion) comparing coloplast and AMS survival rates (They are similar)

survival.jpg
survival.jpg (66.17 KiB) Viewed 2566 times

Figure 1: 5 year survival of coloplast Titan versus AMS 700CX. Approximately 90% of implants were still functioning at 60 months (5 years). There was no statistical difference between coloplast and Titan at the five year point.

Reference:Chung E, Solomon M, DeYoung L, and Brock GB. Comparison between AMS 700™ CX and Coloplast™ Titan inflatable penile prosthesis for Peyronie's disease treatment and remodeling: Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. J Sex Med 2013;10:2855–2860.

<http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/action/showFullTextImages?pii=S1743-6095%2815%2930175-2>
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:35 pm

alibaba wrote:Max with the 5 x's, I have been having the same thoughts all year. It seems to me there have been WAY too many failures of Titans that are 2 years old or less. I've only heard of a couple AMS. Last night when I pumped mine up I noticed if I waited a minute the hard bulb would be soft for 1 squeeze. Tells me there is some leak back there. Makes a person wonder. That said, I still like my Titan. 10x better than that AMS p.o.s. was. If it fails soon, I may be pissed but would still have to go with another because the A.M.S did not do it for me plus the pump was a glitchy square cornered annoyance from hell. 2 failures in a row I would be livid though. These things certainly are not in the reliability league of a pacemaker. If they were autos or kiddie car seats they would be recalled. Cheers man. Good to see your post. Take good care of that fine thing.

Thanks Tangerine

Hi Ali,
it's always a pleasure to read your thoughts. I'm also happy with my titan, i think if i had ams, i could just dream my 6 inch of girth in flaccid state. I have strong sex sessions and I'm sure of my titan. I love my small pump also. My concern comes only when I read about these failures. I hope that there are thousands of people out of here with strong and reilables Titan as ours.

PS. Some users asked pics of mine flaccid..
Titan 24cm . December 2015

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 pm

While researching this, up popped an add for coloplast (you gotta love those cookies and google algorithms !)

This is advertisement, but in my opinion the 17% better girth claim is true (I have had only one implant, and it is a coloplsat titan -- I like it a bunch, and so does my wife):
coloplast advertisement.jpg
coloplast advertisement.jpg (110.54 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

Figure 1 ad from coloplast

source: https://www.coloplastmd.com/products/titan-bioflex/?utm_source=JSM&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=JSM%20Bioflex

For even more propaganda from coloplast, see this link:
https://www.coloplastmd.com/products/titan-bioflex/?utm_source=JSM&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=JSM%20Bioflex

Note, the FDA reviews ads from medical companies, so although this info from Coloplast comes with financial conflicts of interest, Coloplast is quite aware that they must answer to the FDA regarding accuracy of their statements.

Shown below is the all important device specification that many of us are aware of here on franktalk: Titan Girth is 21mm, AMS girth is 18mm. For me, the Girth issue is a deal breaker:
21mm girth.jpg
21mm girth.jpg (47.53 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

Figure 1: coloplast states that the Titan cylinder diameter is 21mm. This compares with AMS LGX which is 18mm

I had a long discussion with Dr Karpman (in Mountain View) regarding the Titan versus AMS. He stated that the strength and durability of the Titan is "more than us humans need" and that if you want to lift up a zebra, then titan is needed, but for just a regular girl, the weaker silicon AMS has plenty of material strength. However, he did acknowledge, oint blank, that Titan has wider girth when he admitted: "yup, 21 mm versus 18mm" but he tried to discount this by saying he is not totally sure that everyone with a Titan fully inflates their prosthesis to maximum. Hmmmmmm, personally, I am not so sure about the maximum statement.
On other threads hear at Franktalk, I enjoyed the comments mentioning that a penile implant has a "firmomatic" feature. Sometimes the girls like it soft, but sometimes you just have to go to the maxxxxxxxxx ! :P
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”