AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

Postby alibaba » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 am

After much thought I had to realize the only way your implanted dick can grow like some magically claim is if you are able to pump enough pressure to overcome the resistance of your own tissue or scar tissue. Simple hydraulics says the more cubic inches of fluid you can put in it, the more lbs/square inches pressure it can apply thus resisting the tension from your own tissue or scar tissue. Those skinny AMS cylinders do not hold as much fluid so the pressure you can apply against your own tissue has to be less in lbs/square inch due simply by volume. Secondly, part of the pressure you are applying pumping is stretching against the highly elastic cylinder of the AMS rather than expanding your own. The Coloplast stretches but it is more along the line of an already expanded cloth cylinder to start with. Cheers
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Re: AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:17 am

alibaba wrote:After much thought I had to realize the only way your implanted dick can grow like some magically claim is if you are able to pump enough pressure to overcome the resistance of your own tissue or scar tissue. Simple hydraulics says the more cubic inches of fluid you can put in it, the more lbs/square inches pressure it can apply thus resisting the tension from your own tissue or scar tissue.

Correct, so far

alibaba wrote:Those skinny AMS cylinders do not hold as much fluid so the pressure you can apply against your own tissue has to be less in lbs/square inch due simply by volume.

If the fluid in the reservoir does not run out, the only limit to the pressure you can apply to the inside of your inflatable is how hard you can (or are willing to) press the pump bulb. Cylinder size has nothing to do with that.
alibaba wrote: Secondly, part of the pressure you are applying pumping is stretching against the highly elastic cylinder of the AMS rather than expanding your own. The Coloplast stretches but it is more along the line of an already expanded cloth cylinder to start with. Cheers

As fluid goes into the inflatable cylinders, they push your own tissues out as far as the cylinder will go. If the cylinder stops expanding, so do you. If the cylinder continues expanding, so do you. (At some point, your tissues may tear, but that is another subject).

I have not figured out what factors limit the length of an implanted penis, scar tissue, implant size, the tunica albuginea, but I am certain that the factors all interact in complex manners.

Cheers to you. Alibaba
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Simple hydraulics. Volume of the cylinder x the pressure applied = the force. 2 ways to increase force. Larger volume or higher pressure. If given the same amount of pressure assuming a person can only squeeze a certain amount on the pump, then larger volume would be to an advantage.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
alibaba wrote:After much thought I had to realize the only way your implanted dick can grow like some magically claim is if you are able to pump enough pressure to overcome the resistance of your own tissue or scar tissue. Simple hydraulics says the more cubic inches of fluid you can put in it, the more lbs/square inches pressure it can apply thus resisting the tension from your own tissue or scar tissue.

Correct, so far

alibaba wrote:Those skinny AMS cylinders do not hold as much fluid so the pressure you can apply against your own tissue has to be less in lbs/square inch due simply by volume.

If the fluid in the reservoir does not run out, the only limit to the pressure you can apply to the inside of your inflatable is how hard you can (or are willing to) press the pump bulb. Cylinder size has nothing to do with that.
alibaba wrote: Secondly, part of the pressure you are applying pumping is stretching against the highly elastic cylinder of the AMS rather than expanding your own. The Coloplast stretches but it is more along the line of an already expanded cloth cylinder to start with. Cheers

As fluid goes into the inflatable cylinders, they push your own tissues out as far as the cylinder will go. If the cylinder stops expanding, so do you. If the cylinder continues expanding, so do you. (At some point, your tissues may tear, but that is another subject).

I have not figured out what factors limit the length of an implanted penis, scar tissue, implant size, the tunica albuginea, but I am certain that the factors all interact in complex manners.

Cheers to you. Alibaba

Lost, how would one know if the reservoir ran out. I was able to pump mine up to 41 this morning in the shower. At this point it really gets hard to pump, I can squeeze the bulb maybe halfway. I am hoping that the girth expands a little more.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:03 pm

My doc told me after 25-30 pumps there's no more saline in the reservoir to pump. I think that depends on how much you're able to squeeze through on each pump. If I don't get a full squeeze each time, I can sometimes pump more and feel more expansion. But usually after 30 good pumps I'm rock hard and don't experience gain after that. After 7 mos daily cycling, I'm pretty much where I was pre-implant, 5.5" if I measure correctly, pubic bone to tip of glans.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Zxylpk wrote:My doc told me after 25-30 pumps there's no more saline in the reservoir to pump. I think that depends on how much you're able to squeeze through on each pump. If I don't get a full squeeze each time, I can sometimes pump more and feel more expansion. But usually after 30 good pumps I'm rock hard and don't experience gain after that. After 7 mos daily cycling, I'm pretty much where I was pre-implant, 5.5" if I measure correctly, pubic bone to tip of glans.

What do you feel when there is no saline in the reservoir? What do you mean by good pumps, full pumps? After 12-15 full pumps, I cant squeeze the bulb all the way.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Ed, Yes, good pump = full pump or as close to full pump as I can get. It's hard to predict since I have a finicky pump and one of the reasons I'm getting a new pump installed on the 26th. I'm having surgery to remove my epididymis on my right nut. Neither Doc nor I have been happy with my current pump so he's replacing it since he'll be in there anyway. Right now, it's very hard to pump from the get go, I never get full pumps and never get the pop and I can pump forever even after it's maxed out. But like I said, usually after 20 - 30, quasi full pumps, I'm rock hard. I can continue pumping but nothing changes after that. I might have a better answer after I get my new pump.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:10 am

Well, I can easily do 50 full pumps, and add extra 10-15 half pumps during the subsequent minutes. The only limiting factor is the pain created by the reservoir tubing pressing my left cavernosa, so I cannot hold it for long periods of time. I agree 100% with Ali's explanation. I have lost one full inch of girth; I used to be 6 1/2", whereas now I only get 5 1/2" even with that amount of pumps.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 am

sliphill wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

Correct, so far

Cheers to you. Alibaba

Lost, how would one know if the reservoir ran out. I was able to pump mine up to 41 this morning in the shower. At this point it really gets hard to pump, I can squeeze the bulb maybe halfway. I am hoping that the girth expands a little more.

Well, I did not say you would know or how you would know or that you could be absolutely certain. The most likely "tell" would be the pump bulb not refilling. It could be the tubing got kinked, but more likely that the reservoir is no longer able to supply fluid when the springiness of the pump bulb cannot draw fluid. That is, the bulb does not refill.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:52 am

alibaba wrote:Simple hydraulics. Volume of the cylinder x the pressure applied = the force. 2 ways to increase force. Larger volume or higher pressure. If given the same amount of pressure assuming a person can only squeeze a certain amount on the pump, then larger volume would be to an advantage.

Sorry to correct you, Alibaba. I respect your opinions and your experience. Your knowledge of implants is, indeed, vast where mine is only theoretical and primarily from reading (mostly journal articles, some correspondence with Doctors and what I have read here on FrankTalk, incuding your posts.

Larger volume does not equate to more pressure. Look at your average car tire. 30-35 PSI. Look at your average bicycle tire. 30 to 70 for clincher tires and some racing bicyles (with very skinny tires) go past 120 PSI. But, truly, that analogy is equally flawed.

It is the pump and only the pump that provides the pressure that goes into the container (the inflatable tubes).

If you don't run out of fluid and you can make the effort on the pump, the pressure inside the implant CAN BE equal.

Of course, the material of which the implant is made as well as the diameter of the tubes and the size and elasticity of the fleshy envelope (tunica or scar tissue) are also factors that might affect this analysis, but the hydraulic pressure INSIDE the tubes depends on the pump-is provided by the pump.

The resistance to expansion of the tubes determines how much fluid is required to get up to any given pressure (large volume and a lot of elasticity will require more fluid), so maybe that is where we are misunderstanding one another?

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”