AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
williamb

Re: AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

Postby williamb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:12 pm

OK, there is going to be a Math test and almost all of us were out of school before calculators were very common. So get out your Big Chief tablet ( scratch paper not the smooth stuff) and your #2 pencil and stand by for instructions.
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm

I am just glad I can get enough force out of it to lift my dick! :lol:
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Enjoyable posts here. :)
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:08 am

Well......as promised, WilliamB (dave) gave the math test to many honorable Franktalk members, he collected the blue test books, and here are some of the more entertaining answers:

find x.jpg
find x.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

8 or 5.jpg
8 or 5.jpg (55.56 KiB) Viewed 2136 times

Of course, out of respect, I will never divulge the identity of which franktalk members submitted those funny answers !

Tangerine
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Fun thread but I still can't find x? Which is better, titan or ams? I'm meeting with my doc next week to have that very discussion, along w my revision pre op, so i'd appreciate any advice. Karpman is an ams guy and I like him & don't want to change. But...
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Zxylpk wrote:Fun thread but I still can't find x? Which is better, titan or ams? I'm meeting with my doc next week to have that very discussion, along w my revision pre op, so i'd appreciate any advice. Karpman is an ams guy and I like him & don't want to change. But...

Zxylpk;
I have said it before and I will say it again, this is a decision for your doctor to make after he has you on the table and opened up. You are not shopping for a car... colour, size and what other people think have nothing to do with a medical implant that goes inside you. What happens if YOU decide you want a Titan and once the surgeon is inside you, he feels that the AMS would be much better for you? Have you ever heard of anyone telling their doctor what pacemaker to put in?

Larry

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Larry, your point is well taken. However, there are people here on FT that say Question Everything - don't go into this blindly like I did with my original implant. I'm impressed with the knowledge and research done by other FT members and appreciate the knowledge I've received from them. I joined FT long after my implant. Before that I didn't even know there was a difference between ams & coloplast. I didn't question anything - didn't even know what questions to ask. I am having a revision of sorts (getting a new pump) next week. I have 100% confidence in my surgeon. He chose the ams cx for me and I believe that was the best choice among ams products. But what if (and I'm only postulating here) a Titan would actually be a better choice for me but my Dr. doesn't do Titan implants? It sounds like you're saying the only way to find out would be to change to a Dr. who does both and let him decide when I'm on the table. Since I'm not willing to change Dr's I guess I'll never be able to find x. But from what I've read so far, maybe there isn't only one answer, but many.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Zxylpk wrote:Fun thread but I still can't find x? Which is better, titan or ams? I'm meeting with my doc next week to have that very discussion, along w my revision pre op, so i'd appreciate any advice. Karpman is an ams guy and I like him & don't want to change. But...

For whatever reason, I've always believed that x is better than y. However, I unfortunately don't know whether x = AMS and y = Coloplast, or vice versa.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Zxylpk wrote:Larry, your point is well taken. However, there are people here on FT that say Question Everything - don't go into this blindly like I did with my original implant. I'm impressed with the knowledge and research done by other FT members and appreciate the knowledge I've received from them. I joined FT long after my implant. Before that I didn't even know there was a difference between ams & coloplast. I didn't question anything - didn't even know what questions to ask. I am having a revision of sorts (getting a new pump) next week. I have 100% confidence in my surgeon. He chose the ams cx for me and I believe that was the best choice among ams products. But what if (and I'm only postulating here) a Titan would actually be a better choice for me but my Dr. doesn't do Titan implants? It sounds like you're saying the only way to find out would be to change to a Dr. who does both and let him decide when I'm on the table. Since I'm not willing to change Dr's I guess I'll never be able to find x. But from what I've read so far, maybe there isn't only one answer, but many.

Do you know that your doctor doesn't do Titan?

Larry

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:10 pm

That's what I was led to believe by his assistant although he was being vague and non-committal. I intend to find out for sure at my pre-op, and if not, why.

Return to “Implants”