AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: AMS v.s. Coloplast. Thoughts

Postby alibaba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Lost Sheep, I do not think you understand the concept. 30 lbs per square inch air pressure in a lawn mower tire will not hold up a loaded pickup. 30 lbs per square inch in a much larger pickup size tire will. Volume makes a difference. In another scenerio: a 3' diameter hydraulic cylinder giving 12 tons of force, a 4" hydraulic cylinder giving 20 tons of force, both having 2450 lbs of hydraulic pressure applied. ( this is a hypthetical I just plucked out of my head thinking of firewood splitters without actually breaking down to exact math). More volume equals more force. The amount of pressure you can apply with the bulb times the volume of the cylinder gives you more constructive usable force the larger the volume of your cylinder. Simple. Granted there are many other things you have to factor in to get precise measure of what is going on but this is the jist of how it works. I've 40 years hydraulic and pneumatic experience. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:54 pm

In your analogy, the bicycle tire with 70 lbs per square inch needs the extra pressure because of it's smaller volume. A much larger tire will hold more weight at 30 lbs per square inch due to the larger volume. I was not real clear on my lbs per square inches in previous posts. pounds per square inch pressure applied ( what you can pump with the bulb) multiplied by the volume of the cylinder will give you more pounds per square inch pressure applied to the surface of the cylinder where it pushes against your own erectile bodies the larger the volume of the cylinder. Little tire vs. big tire again.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

williamb

Postby williamb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 am

I am not sure the 30 psi in a truck tore or a swamp buggy tire is an accurate analogy. I believe the larger tire supporting the weight is because of surface area not volume. you could have a 20' in diameter bicycle tire with 30 psi and it would support no more weight than a 26" diameter tire. Just my uneducated belief
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:45 pm

This is a fascinating hydraulic physics discussion. At a first approximation, one would assue that the outward expading force on the walls of the natural penis would simply equal the pressure in the cylinder. Wrong !

Here is why:
1) First lets define terms: The "outward force" applied by the cylinders can also be described by the term "hoop stress" (think of the Hula Hoop). To have a significant stretch impact on the penis circumference (ie, make bigger girth) then the equation for hoop strength applies.

2) Intuitively, Hoop stress is obviously related to pressure in the cylinder (more pressure means more outward force), BUT it is also linearly related to the mean diameter of the cylinder !. This is in part derived from equations dependant on the hydro-physics Law of Laplace.

3) Shown here is the Hoop stress equation:
hoop stress equation defined.jpg
hoop stress equation defined.jpg (38.44 KiB) Viewed 2204 times

Figure 1: Hoop stress Equation: the Hoop Stress (related to outward force on the penis wall) will go up linearly with pressure and also with Diameter of the cylinder. The final line of the derivation is: hoop stress=pressure x diameter x 1\2

4) So, bottom line, if a narrow cylinder is in the penis, it will take unusually large pressures to exert hoop force significant enough to expand girth (thus the "pencil complaint by some implantees). If the cylinder diameter is large, then less pressure to exert large hoop force (explains why the Titan successfully increases girth over time)

Reference:
http://flocycling.blogspot.com/2014/11/flo-cycling-why-do-you-use-less-tire.html
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Nobody said there was going to be math! :o
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 pm

TANGERINE, thank you for your work. It has been 45 year since I studied that and I would have spent all night looking through old books if I have not given them away looking for the the proof. I mostly deal with force from the end like in a hydraulic cylinder so the desired force is applied in a different direction but more volume does allow more force with less input of pressure. This once again adds weight to the NO tip extender argument as it allows for a longer cylinder, more volume and possibly more length stretch. Cheers.
Last edited by alibaba on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 pm

williamb wrote:I am not sure the 30 psi in a truck tore or a swamp buggy tire is an accurate analogy. I believe the larger tire supporting the weight is because of surface area not volume. you could have a 20' in diameter bicycle tire with 30 psi and it would support no more weight than a 26" diameter tire. Just my uneducated belief
Dave

Your analogy would relate more to pounds per square inch on the ground the weight of the vehicle the tire is on is applying to the ground. That surface area that contacts the ground. Still a 26" will have a slightly larger footprint given the same width because of a longer surface on the ground. This is why track machines have a low ground pressure in the neighborhood of 4.5#/sq. in due to the large surface area. The swamp tire would have more surface area and support more weight on soft ground because of less pounds per square inch shoving it into the ground. It would also take less air pressure to support the same weight because of the volume of air the tire holds because it is huge. Bigger is not better in all cases but I like big every thing. Huge engines, thick steel, Large machines and big dick implants.

I am talking about the diameter of the cylinder. That would equate in a tire to a 7:00-15 vs. a 12:00-15 as an example using old tire sizes some of us grew up with rather than the new metric sizes. Skinny tire vs. a fat tire, both with the same size wheel diameter.

When it gets right down to it, I know the principles but nolonger know the formulas. I have more hands on applied experience than math and one of few in the family w/o and engineering degree. When I deal with some of these engineers and most are very very smart people but more tied up in formula, computers, their calculator, blue prints and such sometimes they do not grasp what is going on because their math shows this should happen and there is a problem which ultimately can be solved by their mathematical formulas and pages of drawing once they understand the issue with the application. Most I deal with have never seen the machine they are working on, never used it, nor worked on one. They just know with this applied math X is supposed to happen and there is a problem. My job is usually to explain what the problem is, why, and what has to be changed to fix it in simple terms which with these guys (and a couple gals) always takes LONG LONG explanations and sometimes drawings.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:31 pm

dg_moore wrote:Nobody said there was going to be math! :o
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Tangerine,

This is bringing me not-so-good 30 years old memories of one of my college Physics professor detailed expectations for every single test answer. There was no multiple choice that you could guess. No formula and final result with real numbers = failed.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:30 pm

To keep it simple Force = Pressure times area. Generally speaking more volume = more area but that depends on the shape of the container. A flat bag with a lot of area exerts a lot of force without much volume. I have watched riggers at my company pick up 100,000 pounds with a portable air compressor and flat kevlar reinforced rubber bags with large area.
A flat 50 x 80 air bag has an area of 4000 square inches. put in 100 PSI of any fluid and you have 4000 x 100= 400,000 lbs of force.

Our cylinders are basically bags. The hoop stress equation takes these laws as they apply to a round cylinder
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Return to “Implants”