glans penis after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie1

glans penis after implant

Postby newbie1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:18 pm

I read elsewhere someone said after implants, the head (glans) remains soft, and sometimes it just flops around on the cylinders, interfering with penetration and pleasure (for both the male and the female). Anyone has similar experience? Or, there is no issue at all with the glans not firm/hard?
ED many years, failed PDE5i, on Trimix but recently needing large increasing strengths and doses

Bigred

Re: glans penis after implant

Postby Bigred » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:40 pm

If the procedure is done correctly, a floppy head should no be an issue. Choose your surgeon carefully and ask that exact question.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Floppy head was never a problem for me with my first implant, and it doesn't appear that it will be with the revision. My revision is 2 cm. longer than the original so should fit up nice and tight. Also, no loss of length on revision. Haven't activated it yet so I don't have any measurements. No pain either, so all is well at three weeks.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Bigred wrote:If the procedure is done correctly, a floppy head should no be an issue. Choose your surgeon carefully and ask that exact question.

I totally agree. I do not have a floppy head, and it swells up like normal when I become aroused.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Just like David, my glans is just as it was pre op
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Same as the other answers with the exception that on my back It will be smaller than pre surgery, likely form the hydraulic pressure being lower. That said, the tips of my implant are perfectly placed in the glans (3/4 of the way up in it). penetration is actually better than when I was 20 years old. Absolutely no flopping it is totally rigid.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:36 pm

I can feels the tips righ now

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:41 am

I have no problems with soft glans. My implant tips extend three fourths into the glans, so if the glans is soft, the tips take care of making penetration easily done. when my glans engorges (usually just beofre orgasm), I get an extra half inch in length and a nice big girthy glans. Essentially the glans function is intact; and if I wear a cock ring, the glans is super hard and big - but I really do not see a reason to do that since I am good enough with my native glans engorgement.

PS: floppy glans is a complication of implant surgery where the surgeon did not properly place a long enough implant.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Freddyboy

Postby Freddyboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:54 am

Unfortunately I do have a problem with the floppy glans, a.k.a. the "Concorde" profile. Surgeon said there was significant fibrosis in the glans and was unable to dilate completely into it. The cylinder tips extend just to the base of the glans resulting in the head basically folding over on penetration. Am hoping for a revision. Also the glans does not engorge because of venous leak, the reason I got implanted in the first place.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 am

Freddyboy wrote:Unfortunately I do have a problem with the floppy glans, a.k.a. the "Concorde" profile. Surgeon said there was significant fibrosis in the glans and was unable to dilate completely into it. The cylinder tips extend just to the base of the glans resulting in the head basically folding over on penetration. Am hoping for a revision. Also the glans does not engorge because of venous leak, the reason I got implanted in the first place.

Freddyboy I'm curious when you got your implant? I've been reading ad nauseam about implants the last few months and it sounds like most of the floppy glans are either poor surgeon skill, or old practices.

At least in a Dr Kramer video I watched he mentions that the procedure has made advancements that typically curb that sort of behavior. Of course every penis is different, and it sounds you may have some irreversible physical damage in your glans. I hope a revision finds you more satisfied with your implant :)
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

Return to “Implants”