glans penis after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Freddyboy

Re: glans penis after implant

Postby Freddyboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Jackhammer (great handle btw). I too researched for weeks on the topic of implants which led me to this forum. My surgeon has nowhere near the experience of some of the docs I hear mentioned on here. There aren't many (if any) experts in Canada and there was no way I could afford US$20,000 or more for the procedure in the states so I opted for what was available here. She explained that she had great difficulty in getting thru the fibrosis she found and was concerned that she may even perforate the glans from inside by trying to get the dilator in any further. I suppose a more experienced surgeon may have taken the risk? Anyway she has agreed to reassess the situation and maybe do a revision.
70 yo, Living on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada. Venous leak, Then a PSA of 19.6, gleason 4+5. Radical non nerve sparing prostatectomy in Jan 2016 +radiation therapy fall 2016. Finally implanted with 15cm AMS LGX 700 w/2cm rte's, May 10, 2017.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:48 am

I am just nine days out from surgery, but can tell you my cylinders extend about 2/3 to 3/4 into my glans so not floppy at all.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 am

Do the tips feel hard in the glans or do they feel natural i.e. "spongy"?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:36 am

Freddyboy wrote:Hi Jackhammer (great handle btw). I too researched for weeks on the topic of implants which led me to this forum. My surgeon has nowhere near the experience of some of the docs I hear mentioned on here. There aren't many (if any) experts in Canada and there was no way I could afford US$20,000 or more for the procedure in the states so I opted for what was available here. She explained that she had great difficulty in getting thru the fibrosis she found and was concerned that she may even perforate the glans from inside by trying to get the dilator in any further. I suppose a more experienced surgeon may have taken the risk? Anyway she has agreed to reassess the situation and maybe do a revision.

Freddyboy,
I suggest you seek second opinion. In the Vancouver area, there're 2 other urologists who perform the implant: Dr. Rapoport (Richmond) and Dr. Nigro (VGH) and it's all covered. Good luck.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 am

robertm wrote:Do the tips feel hard in the glans or do they feel natural i.e. "spongy"?

Robert,
I have an AMS700LGX implant. The tips on mine are firm. My glans looks natural but you would definitely be able to feel the cylinders if you were to touch my glans.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Freddyboy wrote:Hi Jackhammer (great handle btw). I too researched for weeks on the topic of implants which led me to this forum. My surgeon has nowhere near the experience of some of the docs I hear mentioned on here. There aren't many (if any) experts in Canada and there was no way I could afford US$20,000 or more for the procedure in the states so I opted for what was available here. She explained that she had great difficulty in getting thru the fibrosis she found and was concerned that she may even perforate the glans from inside by trying to get the dilator in any further. I suppose a more experienced surgeon may have taken the risk? Anyway she has agreed to reassess the situation and maybe do a revision.

If she has agreed to reassess it and do a revision, you have to respected that form her. Lot of Doctors would not return the call.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Dont let the word dilator fool you. The dont dilate anything it removing stuff to make room for parts.

You may ask her if she will consult with another surgreon on a procdure to get the tips where the belong. Without being smartass patient ask if she viewed any of the procedural video my the surgeons that have good techniques.
I love it surgery by youtube

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Greg1956 wrote:
robertm wrote:Do the tips feel hard in the glans or do they feel natural i.e. "spongy"?

I have an AMS700LGX implant. The tips on mine are firm. My glans looks natural but you would definitely be able to feel the cylinders if you were to touch my glans.

Same here, guys. Looks natural but if you were to touch and/or gently squeeze the glans you would be able to feel the tips of my cylinders. But I don't care.

Return to “Implants”