'Egg' in the scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
norman1913

'Egg' in the scrotum

Postby norman1913 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Three weeks ago I received a Titan 22cm (no RTEs). Still partly inflated. The scrotum firmness changed a day or so ago and I now have loose skin and can feel my way around the sac. I can identify the testicles, and had hoped to become familiar with the pump (I have to see the surgeon in 11 days for my first post-op appointment and activation).

I’ve been given a plastic model of the pump, but I can’t feel anything resembling it. Instead, I have a large, solid mass in the shape of an egg (larger and thicker than the pump). The narrower end of the mass seems attached to the lower side of the penis where the scrotum joins it, and the larger portion lies down at the front of the scrotum and extends towards the back. I can squeeze it gently, and there’s no pain; just firmness and no shape of any kind resembling a pump.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what the outcome was. I’m thinking there may be a capsule around the pump that has to settle down before I can feel it, and that there is still healing going on there.

Has anyone with a Titan pump been able to feel its components three weeks out from the op?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Age 75. Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTEs, 17 Aug. 2017. Penoscrotal. Prof. Eric Chung, Brisbane, Australia.

williamb

Re: 'Egg' in the scrotum

Postby williamb » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:49 am

Norman, That is exactly what I had to do to figure out the pump and deflate button. I have an AMS and the Dr gave me a non-working "Key Chain Fob" replica of the pump and I sat in a wooden hard chair with my sack hanging (not much hanging) off of the front of the seat, then with the Key Fob in one hand , I used the other hand to explore the pump and identify the release button and the square top part to hold on to. At first I was quite swollen and had a hard time identifying any part of it but it gets easier.
Good luck
Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:07 pm

norman1913 wrote:Has anyone with a Titan pump been able to feel its components three weeks out from the op?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

yes......about 8 days post op while taking a hot bath.....at 2 weeks Dr. Eid activated me......at 3 weeks I was cycling........
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

chonky

Postby chonky » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 pm

You may have tissue forming around the pump. You should give the doctor a call.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:59 pm

I don't know for Coloplast pumps, but for AMS pump a fluffy washcloth placed over the key chain model will give you a fair replica of how the pump will feel. At 3 weeks I can find the release button and pump bulb on my AMS 700CX, This is however a revision for me, so I have some experience to draw from.

For my revision, my guys aren't complaining about having to share the turf with a new friend, they are morning the loss of the old one. To reduce the chances of infection, my surgeon made a new pocket for the pump and the old area is still tender. New reservoir location also with old on disconnected and left.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

norman1913

Postby norman1913 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for your replies, gentlemen. The fluffy washcloth makes sense today, as following a hot shower I was able to feel what is probably the pump (there is no real detailed shape), but not so much the valve -- it seems buried in a mass of tissue and I can't feel any identifiable part such as the button.

My doctor is out of the country right now, but I'll see how it changes over the next few days. If I continue to have concerns, I may give Coloplast a call.

Thanks again, guys.
Age 75. Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTEs, 17 Aug. 2017. Penoscrotal. Prof. Eric Chung, Brisbane, Australia.

LesNesman1

Postby LesNesman1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Norman
I'm just under 5 months implanted with the Titan 22cm just like you and mine was same as you with tissue mass that I could not tell what was pump or release valve.
No worries.You will start to feel the difference and what I did was take showers and pull down on the pump and after time in the warm shower(2-3weeks) I was able to put fingers on the release valve and now its like a ninja on the fly.i can inflate or deflate in a moments notice..You will be just fine my bionic Bro.
ED for 28 years.Used all pills and injections until no other options worked.
Age-53
Implanted 4/19/17 by Dr. Aaron Lentz( Duke Urology)--22CM Titan no RTE's
Bionic Assault 6/12/17 and blew her doors off.

norman1913

Postby norman1913 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:06 am

Thanks Les. That's very reassuring.

I appreciate your interest.

Return to “Implants”