Are all of these things true?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PFracture

Re: Are all of these things true?

Postby PFracture » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:16 am

Larry10625 wrote:
TANGERINE wrote:And now, I must say something with a very stern voice, and of utmost importance.

Penile implant surgery is difficult; it is harder to perform with great success than most other surgery.

TO AVOID ENDING UP LIKE SOME OF THE HORROR STORIES THAT YOU HAVE READ....YOU MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST CHOOSE A HIGH VOLUME SURGEON WHO KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING. MOREOVER, HE SHOULD BE WILLING TO ALLOW YOU TO CALL SOME OF HIS SATISFIED PATIENTS

You must understand the importance of choosing a great surgeon. I repeat, you must understand the importance of choosing a great surgeon. Some people say that "you make your own luck", this is true to a minor extent, but do realize that if you go with a low volume surgeon (i.e., less than 50 cases per year) you are playing "dick roulette"

Those horror stories are the reason that my signature states that you must "strive hard to find the best implant surgeon"

from,
TANGERINE

There is no way for that to happen without illegally disclosing patient information. Explain to me how someone who is a "High Volume" surgeon is better? Maybe it means they are making more mistakes than others who take their time and do a good job. :)

Larry

And this coming from somebody who is in such an important position on this board. Somebody who completely disregards the information on what to do after the removal of the implant due to infection, and now has doubts on why a ''high volume doctor is better than a low volume one''. :?

torless50

Postby torless50 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:48 am

Larry10625 wrote:
TANGERINE wrote:And now, I must say something with a very stern voice, and of utmost importance.

Penile implant surgery is difficult; it is harder to perform with great success than most other surgery.

TO AVOID ENDING UP LIKE SOME OF THE HORROR STORIES THAT YOU HAVE READ....YOU MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST CHOOSE A HIGH VOLUME SURGEON WHO KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS DOING. MOREOVER, HE SHOULD BE WILLING TO ALLOW YOU TO CALL SOME OF HIS SATISFIED PATIENTS

You must understand the importance of choosing a great surgeon. I repeat, you must understand the importance of choosing a great surgeon. Some people say that "you make your own luck", this is true to a minor extent, but do realize that if you go with a low volume surgeon (i.e., less than 50 cases per year) you are playing "dick roulette"

Those horror stories are the reason that my signature states that you must "strive hard to find the best implant surgeon"

from,
TANGERINE

There is no way for that to happen without illegally disclosing patient information. Explain to me how someone who is a "High Volume" surgeon is better? Maybe it means they are making more mistakes than others who take their time and do a good job. :)

Larry

I also do not understand this guy keep saying and doubting things as obvious as a high-volume surgeon and experience will always be better than a low-volume surgeon.
And the evidence is in this same forum, how many horror stories can be read by people who went to low volume surgeons and this put them a botched implant? and then had to re-do the surgery with a high-volume surgeon? With all the loss of money and stress that two processes like these involve??
There are a lot of stories like this here and should serve as an example so that new people who are looking for an implant do not return to make the mistakes that others made. And that a guy comes, who is also moderator !, to say some nonsense like these ..
Idk I do not understand how a moderator can say these things
Peyronie
Thinking about implant

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 am

torless50 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

from,
TANGERINE

Larry

I also do not understand this guy keep saying and doubting things as obvious as a high-volume surgeon and experience will always be better than a low-volume surgeon.
And the evidence is in this same forum, how many horror stories can be read by people who went to low volume surgeons and this put them a botched implant? and then had to re-do the surgery with a high-volume surgeon? With all the loss of money and stress that two processes like these involve??
There are a lot of stories like this here and should serve as an example so that new people who are looking for an implant do not return to make the mistakes that others made. And that a guy comes, who is also moderator !, to say some nonsense like these ..
Idk I do not understand how a moderator can say these things

Torless50; I assume you are referring to me. As far as I know, I am the only moderator and there is one site administrator over my head. I will NOT allow fear mongering. To say that a surgeon is no good because he doesn't do 5 or 6 implants every day is just total BS. Penile implant is not well known. Until I got mine, I had never heard of it and I work in the medical industry (paramedic for 15 years). My doctor treats women too and I have never heard of a female with a penile implant. There are MANY urological disorders and a truly great surgeon will be skilled at all of them, not just the robot who performs basically nothing but penile implants. Now, lets stop trying to scare people and get back to the purpose of this forum - helping people with questions and providing support for each other. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:56 am

Larry
Thank you

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 am

Thank you, Larry.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:45 am

Agree with Torless50. Freedom of Speech is a 1st Amenment right.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 am

In reading most of the "horror stories" on the cited source I came to an overwhelming conclusion about most of them. They seemed to be from guys who were not psychologically ready to accept an implant. In cases such as that, the slightest niggling concern about things such as periodic bouts of pain and discomfort, perceived size loss, missing girth etc., get magnified in the imagination until it is something you identify with as your new defining normal existence. I speak from extreme personal experience. After 18 major surgeries I ended up with chronic pain after 3 procedures. I spent up to 4 years at a time emotionally convinced I was almost incapacitated from pain. The whole time I saw pain management docs who prescribed ever increasing dosages of industrial duty narcotics to me. My new normal was to be a blithering idiot all the time on hundreds of milligrams of narcotics a day. When it reached a point of nobody wanting to be around me anymore I put myself through a rapid taper and a few months of horrible withdrawals. I came out on the other side and lo and behold I had no pain at all. It was a construct of my mind. If these guys could instead focus on the positives with their implant they would have a different story.

I'm less than 2 months out with an implant. Sure, I'm aware my body has been significantly altered and I will never have a shot at normal hard ons again. I'm aware of entirely different sensations in my crotch. I've chosen to view this as a beautiful new normal despite some of the occasional discomfort. I'm having incredible sex again, better than I had when I was half the age I am now. Anybody who has read my posts knows I took awhile to accept the idea of an implant. I would submit that many of the horror stories are from guys who never reached the point of acceptance and are now disheartened by emotional upheaval.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:05 am

David
I agree whole heartly. My wife went thru the same things with the pain drs and she took the same course. In case she does still have pain in her back, she just deals with it. I give her a lot a back massages

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

This turned out to be an awesome thread. It is never a good idea to turn a blind eye, better to get all the information out there, including bad or false, so it can be judged by those I trust and those who have experience. I trust FT and the men on it. That site put fear in me... but that is now gone. Yes, common sense. The thread didn't see to sit well, just seemed out of proportion. I am sure there are issues... but there are also many many success stories.

Thank you all for the posts... It is always a choice, and always a decision on what your willing to pay. I can loose natural erections with injections or the correct pill .... but those are never 100%, and many times just cause too much frustration.

I dream of a day when all that worrying will be gone (keeping pills or injections on hand) travel with Tri-mix etc. A day when I will know that I am ready, anytime and anywhere.

That is the reward I will have for going bionic. And the reward for giving up what I have now.
For the record, with no pills or injections getting a natural erection is Christmas, in that maybe once a year. Maybe more like a leap year. So I am not giving up that much.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

Rawness1111

Postby Rawness1111 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm

From reading all of this. I do believe that all of this is true. I believe that all of the good stories are true as well as the bad ones. Going to the right surgeon, and having the procedure done right is a battle. It no garrentee as to what the outcome will be. Superkick or infections or loss of length which would would make sex not as worth it if you're not blessed enough to have sex feel like you want it to feel for yourself and your partner. Its all a huge toss up. That's why people wait 10-15 to 20 years because no matter what is said you can't predict how that thirty minute surgery will go or how your body will react after. Right now I myself I am fortunate enough to have sex but its not all the way enjoyable all of the time and the partner I have well let's just say I'm not the only lucky on. But, if I ever were to get an implant it would be like a lot of folks said I would not be able to have sex at all. Then at that point aside from the high cost and pain. Anything is a good thing. I can't expect a miracle only god can grant that.
32 yrs old. Newly developed ed with divorce and searching for solutions.

Return to “Implants”