How Long for Implant After Prostate Surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_R

Re: How Long for Implant After Prostate Surgery?

Postby David_R » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
alibaba wrote:I had a text book nerve spairing surgery and I was100% ED. I think they are full of it when they say 90% don't have ED

I had it explained this way when a urologist spoke to a prostate cancer support group that I was in: The nerves on the prostate are like the peel on an orange. You operate as carefully as you can, but sometimes it just is very difficult to completely keep the peel in perfect shape when taking out the orange itself. That was a really good image to help me understand the whole "nerve-sparing" description that is sometimes thrown around way too casually.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:11 pm

David_R wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:
alibaba wrote:I had a text book nerve spairing surgery and I was100% ED. I think they are full of it when they say 90% don't have ED

I had it explained this way when a urologist spoke to a prostate cancer support group that I was in: The nerves on the prostate are like the peel on an orange. You operate as carefully as you can, but sometimes it just is very difficult to completely keep the peel in perfect shape when taking out the orange itself. That was a really good image to help me understand the whole "nerve-sparing" description that is sometimes thrown around way too casually.

Show me a man that had a prostratetomy and has a hard dick when he wants it. Hell show me a man over 60 with a hard dick on demand with no pills.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:53 am

Dr. Kibel kept insisting I should be having erections. I would tell him none, he would walk out of the room stating he had to check something and never come back. I asked the nurse and she told me not a chance I had nerve sparing. She said mine was the fastest prostate removal she had ever seen and she had been a surgical nurse 10 years. I would have to dig through file boxes but the whole thing was about an hour after an 8 hour wait in presurgery holding while a mechanic was flown in from Chicago to fix the broken DaVinci machine. She said it would have take at least 2 more hours for nerve sparing. Then about 5 years ago I got a copy of my records which were sent to me by mistake. Had more in them than I had seen in the past. It had the pathology lab reports on the nerves the day after surgery. Both had cancer in them. I knew they had taken the nerves then because they each were separate specimens sent to the lab. Records said it was a "wide prostatectomy" I asked what "wide" meant and was told it was everything came out and anything else surrounding they could take with it. 3 years of being told I should be having erections and every month to 3 month trips to St. Louis wasted. I don't believe any of their shit any more.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:32 pm

alibaba wrote:Dr. Kibel kept insisting I should be having erections. I would tell him none, he would walk out of the room stating he had to check something and never come back. I asked the nurse and she told me not a chance I had nerve sparing. She said mine was the fastest prostate removal she had ever seen and she had been a surgical nurse 10 years. I would have to dig through file boxes but the whole thing was about an hour after an 8 hour wait in presurgery holding while a mechanic was flown in from Chicago to fix the broken DaVinci machine. She said it would have take at least 2 more hours for nerve sparing. Then about 5 years ago I got a copy of my records which were sent to me by mistake. Had more in them than I had seen in the past. It had the pathology lab reports on the nerves the day after surgery. Both had cancer in them. I knew they had taken the nerves then because they each were separate specimens sent to the lab. Records said it was a "wide prostatectomy" I asked what "wide" meant and was told it was everything came out and anything else surrounding they could take with it. 3 years of being told I should be having erections and every month to 3 month trips to St. Louis wasted. I don't believe any of their shit any more.

Alibaba,
I never knew that part of your story....
Man, you have had a rough go. Really glad you're finally in a good place compared to where you've been.
Bob 2.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Ali
That really is a tough break but like Bob said, your in a good place now. You were able to move forward & thats why guys like you on FT are an inspiration !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Thanks guys. Often overlooked is how hard it is on our wives too. My wife still loathes the doctor who took out my prostate and it has been 8 years.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:17 am

alibaba wrote:Thanks guys. Often overlooked is how hard it is on our wives too. My wife still loathes the doctor who took out my prostate and it has been 8 years.

Here ThePlumber,

Long time without posting, but always following FT. However, Ali's point forcefully prompted me to express my opinion. I am not a PC survival, but this applies to spouses of ED patients. Most of the time, they are forgotten heroes. They stay with us along this ordeal, suffering with us, in addition of suffering their inherited sexual implications.

I just want to encourage everyone to once in a while get their head above the water, and say thanks to your loving partners. They deserve all the attention and gratefulness we are capable to express. I try to do it as often as possible with my better half. I could have not done it without her. Mamita, I LOVE YOU!!!

PS: Today, September 5th, is our 30th anniversary !!!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:40 am

Amen.
And Happy Anniversary!
Bob 2.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:19 am

ThePlumber1964 wrote:
alibaba wrote:Thanks guys. Often overlooked is how hard it is on our wives too. My wife still loathes the doctor who took out my prostate and it has been 8 years.

Here ThePlumber,

Long time without posting, but always following FT. However, Ali's point forcefully prompted me to express my opinion. I am not a PC survival, but this applies to spouses of ED patients. Most of the time, they are forgotten heroes. They stay with us along this ordeal, suffering with us, in addition of suffering their inherited sexual implications.

I just want to encourage everyone to once in a while get their head above the water, and say thanks to your loving partners. They deserve all the attention and gratefulness we are capable to express. I try to do it as often as possible with my better half. I could have not done it without her. Mamita, I LOVE YOU!!!

PS: Today, September 5th, is our 30th anniversary !!!

Happy Anniversary

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 am

Many thanks!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”