Switching from AMS 700LGX to Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gacleader1

Switching from AMS 700LGX to Titan

Postby Gacleader1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:25 am

In an earlier post, I wrote about being dissatisfied with my loss of girth with the AMS 700LGX. I have had conversation with Dr. Kramer, and he said that some people prefer to go to the Titan if they have had these issues; of course he could not commit as to the results.

So I am wondering if anyone has made this switch, and if so, how they feel about the results. Did you regain girth? Did you sacrifice on length? How about the pump; is it just as hard to pump up? (My fingers have trouble with strength and inflating past a certain point on the AMS. Is one pump easier than the other for deflating?

Also, as a side note. My insurance will no longer cover any procedure of this type after November 1st, so I do not have much time to make my decision. Some people say to give it more time, a year or more. I am 8 months post op. If I wait, I can never afford to do this, but I do not want to do it if it would have gotten better with time. The loss in girth is significant, over an inch, and my wife has commented on multiple times.

So the dilemma. Surgery is always a risk, and I had no complications with the first surgery. This does not mean that #2 will be smooth sailing; stuff happens. If I do this now, I feel that I am rushing, but if I wait, it will be too late. I need some honest answers please, and as many as possible who have either had a revision from one brand to the other, and as many as possible who can comment one way or the other on whether any significant changes to girth can be expected after 8 months.

alibaba

Re: Switching from AMS 700LGX to Titan

Postby alibaba » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:00 am

March 1 Dr. Kramer swapped out my AMS 700 series LGX for a Titan. Titan is a lot better girth wise but feels either kinked or a semi deflated depending on stage you deflate. I would make this change again. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Gacleader1

Postby Gacleader1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:24 am

Thanks for the input.

How do you feel about the difference in the pump? I find the AMS takes a lot of pressure, which is hard on my thumb and also causes a bit of scrotum discomfort, it the Titan the same, less, or more for you?

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:41 am

The pump of my Titan was very hard in the beginning, I had to use two hands in order to make the dick thick. After a relatively short while it became much easier. My doctor likes Coloplast more than AMS but your doc has the final word on which one for you: Coloplast or AMS. If your dick is quite thin then I wonder whether a Coloplast would help. The latter is meant for thicker/longer dicks.

Don't forget to put in a signature.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Gacleader1

Postby Gacleader1 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:54 am

Thank you for your feedback. Did you ever have the AMS, or just the Titan?

I was originally between 5 1/2" circumference and 6". Now I am between about 4 1/4 and 4 1/2" after my AMS implant. Length is not too much shorter than before.

Another question for the Titan folks. Are you oval in shape when you are inflated?

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:57 am

My revision was done by Dr Carrion, Tampa General, great surgeon. From an AMS LGX 700 to a Titan.
I am very satisfied with the look and performance when erect and not so when flaccid, that is the drawback.
There are other issues involved that I was not aware before my revision.

Infections double in revisions, even though they have done a great job reducing them, it is a double risk.
The penis skin gets thinner with every revision and it cause friction during intercourse.

Consider your age, and the lifespan of your current device, the lifespan of the next device. If you are 40 or 50 and each device is supposed to last about 10 years, how many devices can you have in your lifespan.
The younger you are the more revisions you are going to need. This doesn’t take in to consideration advances that may come about, who knows, perhaps in 10 years the devices will last 20 years.

If it is only because you want a bigger penis and the AMS is working as it is supposed to work, I really don’t recommend it.
I am surprised Dr Kramer did not talked you out of it.
In my case, I had some issues with the AMS, the pump got attached to my testicle, the tubes were also causing discomfort and to this day, I am still not sure If i made the right decision. I will know in about a year.

The good thing is you are with the one of best surgeon in the world.
Good luck
Shaman
Implanted August, 2015 - AMS LGX. -
Revision April 24, 2017 by Dr Carrion - University of South Florida (USF)
Titan 22cm + 1.5 Rear Tip Extender

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:55 am

shaman wrote:If it is only because you want a bigger penis and the AMS is working as it is supposed to work, I really don’t recommend it.
I am surprised Dr Kramer did not talked you out of it.

If you go from 5,5-6 to 4,5 or less in girth then it's completely understandable why he'd want a replacement. If he hates his penis and it makes him depressed, why not try to fix it? OP if I were you I would definitely also consider it. I don't blame you one bit.

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am

I'm pre-implant. I've read a lot in Franktalk about Titan vs. AMS and consistently hear that the Titan is better for larger men and provides more girth. Does that mean that the Titan can NOT be used for average men (5" - 6" length)? I'd be surprised if a company like Coloplast would make a product that doesn't fit the average guy. So what happens if the doc implants a Titan in a small to average guy?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

nbriley

Postby nbriley » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:26 pm

I'd also like the answer to last question, My doctor will go either with a Titan or LGX but he is leaning towards the LGX.
Pump, pills and Trimix no longer work
Surgery November 7, 2017 Dr Hakky. AMS CX

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:41 pm

robertm wrote:I'm pre-implant. I've read a lot in Franktalk about Titan vs. AMS and consistently hear that the Titan is better for larger men and provides more girth. Does that mean that the Titan can NOT be used for average men (5" - 6" length)? I'd be surprised if a company like Coloplast would make a product that doesn't fit the average guy. So what happens if the doc implants a Titan in a small to average guy?

No, Titan works just as well for average or below average guys as it does for larger guys. The only reason as I see it one would have an LGX over a Titan is if they want a smaller, more natural looking flaccid.

Return to “Implants”