Difficult lesson learned....UPDATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Zxylpk

Re: Difficult lesson learned....UPDATE

Postby Zxylpk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:16 pm

BBB, there are two kinds of epididymitis, infectious and inflammatory. Do you know which kind you have? Important to know. Causes & treatments differ.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Note on DMSO... be very careful as it will carry anything with it into the bloodstream.
I used to be a gymnastics coach and we used it for swelling. Great stuff, but we always cleaned the skin first with alcohol to make sure the DMSO didn't transmit anything in with it.

Read up on it before using, and test a small amount on your arm first.
I had some girls have an allergic reaction. Not pretty.....
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:45 pm

^ Alcohol swabbing is overkill imo. A shower would be good enough. It can't carry bacteria into the skin anyway as these particles are too large.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:48 am

JayGould wrote:I am going to give a suggestion that you may want to try. Purchase some pure 99% DMSO and some Iodine drops. Mix them together in a 70/30 solution (70% DMSO, 30% Iodine). Then put these drops on your infected area twice daily.

It's legal and you can buy them both on Amazon. But do not take them lightly. DMSO penetrates deeply and Iodine is used at hospitals as an antiseptic. They will both also make your antibiotics work better.

Thank You for the info.. I will check with Dr, Hakky first.... ;)

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:50 am

Zxylpk wrote:BBB, there are two kinds of epididymitis, infectious and inflammatory. Do you know which kind you have? Important to know. Causes & treatments differ.

I was not told if there was indeed a difference, other than I do not have any STD"S...wish I could offer more to this.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am

I have had reoccurring inflammatory epididymitis for several months (pain, swelling, antibiotics, etc). Testing indicates no std or bacterial infection, but sterile urine leaking into my epididymis through the ejaculatory ducts, (a side effect of the turp procedure which was done a couple of months before my implant). As a result, I am having my epididymis removed later this month. In either case, antibiotics should calm everything down in short order, but just something to watch out for if it happens again. Hopefully not. Enjoy your weekend in the sun. :D
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 am

Zxylpk wrote:I have had reoccurring inflammatory epididymitis for several months (pain, swelling, antibiotics, etc). Testing indicates no std or bacterial infection, but sterile urine leaking into my epididymis through the ejaculatory ducts, (a side effect of the turp procedure which was done a couple of months before my implant). As a result, I am having my epididymis removed later this month. In either case, antibiotics should calm everything down in short order, but just something to watch out for if it happens again. Hopefully not. Enjoy your weekend in the sun. :D

Thanks for this information.. I will discuss with my Doc on Friday. Still having difficulty with some swelling and pain.

Larry10625

Re: Difficult lesson learned.

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 am

radiodec wrote:Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

I believe that there is plenty of poor judgement to go around and a lot of it isn't yours.

David

I agree 100%. The doctor should have known the risks and either waited to remove them or put him on antibiotics before, during and after.

Larry

calixtus

Postby calixtus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:39 am

radiodec wrote:Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

I believe that there is plenty of poor judgement to go around and a lot of it isn't yours.

David

I have one each shoulder and knee joints implanted and used to take 4 amoxy prior to any potentially invasive dental procedure, esp. cleaning. The newest guidance is that this is unnecessary and I have stopped. Don’t take my word for it, anyone; do your research.
2003 Radical Prostatectomy
2008 AMS 800 Urinary Control System / Dr S Radomski / Toronto Western Hospital
2017, Sept. AMS 700 LGX Dr Dean Elterman / Tor Western Hospital
Geriatric Stud, 75, gay, 24 yrs married to male in open relationship.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 am

calixtus wrote:

David

I have one each shoulder and knee joints implanted and used to take 4 amoxy prior to any potentially invasive dental procedure, esp. cleaning. The newest guidance is that this is unnecessary and I have stopped. Don’t take my word for it, anyone; do your research.

There is a big difference from dental work and a freshly implanted penis. I have learned my lesson. If I have any more surgeries. I will ask for antibiotic before during and after. Not that it was my fault. The Surgeon should have known better, especially with my new implants. ;)

Return to “Implants”