Difficult lesson learned....UPDATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bbb2.5

Re: Difficult lesson learned.

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:59 am

radiodec wrote:Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

I believe that there is plenty of poor judgement to go around and a lot of it isn't yours.

David

David I do agree with 100%.. he should have been more cautious with my aftercare. Now I am suffering but all can do at this point is move forward and get things back to normal

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:02 am

nbriley wrote:Sorry to hear about your infection, with my double transplant I take immune suppressant drugs and worry about infections plus I heal slower than normal but still looking forward to my implant date
...Thanks for your kind word.. :)

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:02 am

radioradio wrote:Very sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope all clears up soon.
Bob 2.0

:D :) ;)

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:06 am

indy38 wrote:
radiodec wrote:Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

I believe that there is plenty of poor judgement to go around and a lot of it isn't yours.

David

If I have understood well, if you have an infection in any part of the body, for example in the mouth, could be any problem with the implant?

You are correct , but we confident that it was second surgery that caused it. If had other issues going, This infection would have most like showed up already.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:10 am

hturner12 wrote:I think I would be finding a new Gastro, one that knows about infection. I have to premedicate before I go to the denist also even for a cleaning.

I am glad Dr Hakky and my ortho for my hip are pro antibotic. My orth wants me healed from the implant before he does my other hip. It is tentitive for Nov

I thought he was a good Doctor ...He is with the Winship Institute at Emory. I will be finding another Doctor... he was much to clinical for me.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:11 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:Dude,
I so sorry your having this problem. Praying that everything will clear up and you'll be pumping away soon.
Donnie

:D :D :D

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:13 am

sliphill wrote:
bbb2.5 wrote:Hey Guy... I was implanted on June 27 th. My surgery went well with no problems what so ever. No swelling , no busing. Could not have ask for it to have been any better. Prior to my surgery I had an ongoing going problem with really painful hemorrhoids. Last year I even had minor surgery done to remove a few. Well when they flared up again this time I just endured the pain, and went forward with my implant. Well the hemorrhoids began to hurt even worse after my surgery. I went to a different Gastro doctor this time. My previous one did not accept my new insurance. He told me he could remove them with no problem. Schedule my minor procedure for Aug 11th. Everything went great until a week after the surgery to remove the hemorrhoids. I got an infection, my butt area is fine, however the infection has invaded my groin area. With all that freshly healing tissue from my implant.
Turns out that my Gastro surgeon actually went inside my anus to explore a little, looking for any exterior hemorrhoids. Yes, he was well aware that I had just received my implant on June 27.
My Urologist believes that because I was not put on antibiotics after my Hemorrhoid surgery was the reason for the infection to occur. I have a compromised immune system.
So now here I am with a severely infected groin area. My scrotum is the size of a soft ball and my dick is swollen as well. I have been on high does of antibiotics for a week now. I can not feel any of my pump at all now. Going in Monday for ultrasound and assessment with my urologist again.....

My hard lesson was that I should have just dealt with the pain of my hemorrhoids longer and none of this would have happened. ( if you had had sever hemorrhoids before, you know the pain they can cause) I bad call on my part, but at the same time was not aware the gastro doctor was going inside either.

Just wanted to share what I am now going through after my very successful Implant surgery... :( :( :(

I have hemorrhoid, so I know the pain you speak of. About ten years ago, I was talking to I guy I work with who had them too. He told me what he did to help remedy it. And that is I take a fiber capsule every day. I haven't had a flare up since I started doing this. They are still there, they just don't flare up and cause pain. The fiber keeps you regular so you don't have to strain to pinch a loaf. :lol:

I do take fiber tablets most days.... just prone to flare ups.... :( :( :(

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:58 am

Mine is 2 stool softeners and a senakot twice a day

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:15 am

hturner12 wrote:Mine is 2 stool softeners and a senakot twice a day

Giving advice on the day of your surgery .... your the best... I take fiber tablets and Miralax everyday...
Hope your surgery goes well today.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 am

Really sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty after such a successful implant surgery. Healing from the implant surgery is hard enough, but you had another surgery. So I can't imagine. Seems to me that the doctor was negligent. But that is neither here nor there. Bottom line is the antibiotics will eventually get rid of the infection, and then you can concentrate on the implant. Praying for a fast recovery brother.
Last edited by sliphill on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”