Dr. EID time in New York total

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: Dr. EID time in New York total

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 am

warrenw wrote:...So even though I'm on Medicare I'm not being sent to the Lennox Hill Hospital. There is a day between the consultation and surgery as you said. Does this agree with what other medicare patients are doing?

Warrenw,

I am also covered by Medicare (Humana Advantage PPO), and they gave me the choice. Due to my Menire’s, I requested to be scheduled at the hospital.

It gave me mental comfort that if at the time of releasing me I did not feel good enough to go, I could stay overnight. Medicare covers up to 23 hours stay as ambulatory. If I would have selected the Ambulatory Surgery Center, that option was not possible at all since they close at certain hour, and there’s no rooms set up for it, nor medical personnel.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Plumber, thanks for the information on hospital and Medicare. Dr Eid's staff told me the decision between hospital and outpatient facility would be made by the anesthesiologist when he reviewed my cardiac clearance report. Then I was scheduled for outpatient without further discussion. I'll ask if I could use the hospital, as I think I'd prefer that too, never having had surgery before.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Yes, you can request it, and as Medicare recipient, they have to switch it. Everyone at the office are pretty nice people, so they will adjust it.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”