Dr. EID time in New York total

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
treetop

Re: Dr. EID time in New York total

Postby treetop » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks.

Sounds like 90 days or more for initial appointments.

And when you return home, do you use your local doctor for follow ups? And what about activation?
Was there an option to go back to Dr. EID, or do you use someone local?
I am in So California. Inland Empire. I can probably use my local Urologist, but just curious how you guys are doing this.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 am

Check out Merrix journal where he explains all quite thoroughly. You will be enlightened.

Dr Eid is a great surgeon and very understanding.

If traveling it is good to make plans beforehand. I traveled from Queens to Manhattan Lenox Hill Hospital.

Best of luck to you all for an awesome outcome!!!

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:08 pm

In looking at flight prices and lodging (looking at Feb 2018), seems I can fly for under $250.00, but lodging will be my major cost.

Any suggestions? Rooms look like $200.00 per night. If I say a week then it may cost $1,500.00 just for lodging... WOW!! haha
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 pm

treetop wrote:In looking at flight prices and lodging (looking at Feb 2018), seems I can fly for under $250.00, but lodging will be my major cost.

Any suggestions? Rooms look like $200.00 per night. If I say a week then it may cost $1,500.00 just for lodging... WOW!! haha
TT

You did look at the hotel list on Eid's website, right? I see $105/night and up. You'll probably want the extra comfort of business class for the return flight.
Convenience/cost is a big plus for Baltimore, but you don't want to base a medical decision around convenience.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 pm

warrenw wrote:
Cnidium wrote:I phone interviewed june 15th. I could have schedule for early September, but because of work, I opted for early October because my work is slower then.
So he was scheduling almost three months out, or could you have gotten in before early September?

At that time in June scheduling was 3 months out, so September was the earliest available.

When I return home I will not see a local urologist. I do not trust them. Eid let's you self-activate at home at the 2 week mark. He will show you how in person and will video chat again when you actually do it. If you cant do it solo or aren't confident, you can go back to Eid and have him do the activation for you. Im 27, I have strong hands, I am confident I can do the activation from home.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Cnidium wrote:
warrenw wrote:
Cnidium wrote:I phone interviewed june 15th. I could have schedule for early September, but because of work, I opted for early October because my work is slower then.
So he was scheduling almost three months out, or could you have gotten in before early September?

At that time in June scheduling was 3 months out, so September was the earliest available.

When I return home I will not see a local urologist. I do not trust them. Eid let's you self-activate at home at the 2 week mark. He will show you how in person and will video chat again when you actually do it. If you cant do it solo or aren't confident, you can go back to Eid and have him do the activation for you. Im 27, I have strong hands, I am confident I can do the activation from home.

Perfect!!!! Yes, that will be my method then. i like that. Thank you
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm

warrenw wrote:
treetop wrote:In looking at flight prices and lodging (looking at Feb 2018), seems I can fly for under $250.00, but lodging will be my major cost.

TT

You did look at the hotel list on Eid's website, right? I see $105/night and up. You'll probably want the extra comfort of business class for the return flight.
Convenience/cost is a big plus for Baltimore, but you don't want to base a medical decision around convenience.

No, I suppose that is the way to go. I was just going online looking for rooms.
Good advice.
I am hoping to get everything in order, and plan for a February Implant.
Will see how that goes, if I can be interviewed and scheduled by the end of October, then all should be good.

Gives me time to get my things in order.
Tt
Treetop -- (TT)

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm still deciding between Eid and Kramer. I scheduled a phone consult with Eid today, and he is scheduling those out late Sept now. The surgery can be as soon as 6-8 weeks after the consultation.

Still wondering why Eid does such extensive testing before surgery, injection with ultrasound, bladder cystoscopy. What's to be gained from those tests? Kramer doesn't appear to need those. Seems like CYA stuff to me.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

treetop

Postby treetop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm

warrenw wrote:I'm still deciding between Eid and Kramer. I scheduled a phone consult with Eid today, and he is scheduling those out late Sept now. The surgery can be as soon as 6-8 weeks after the consultation.

Still wondering why Eid does such extensive testing before surgery, injection with ultrasound, bladder cystoscopy. What's to be gained from those tests? Kramer doesn't appear to need those. Seems like CYA stuff to me.

What is CYA?... I just know that after viewing youtube interviews from Dr. EID, I made my decision.
The fact that he does so much testing... I actually like. I just makes me more sure that I want to go to him. No offence against any other doctor, we all have our reasons, and gut feeling.
I just know who I want to do mine.
Best of luck to you though, whomever you choose, I hope you end up with a perfect op and outcome!!!
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:01 pm

treetop wrote:What is CYA?...
Cover your ass

Disregard my questions about the preop tests that Dr Eid performs. I just watch a few of his videos and the reasons behind those tests are explained.
Last edited by warrenw on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Implants”