My New Dick Diary

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tybeeman

Re: My New Dick Diary

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:04 am

radioradio wrote:Sunday evening. Day 11

Not much to say. Nut snack sore where pump touches it. Dick sore from being semi hard for so long, sore at cylinder tips, occasional sharp pain at base of shaft. All in all, noticeably better than a few days ago. Still can't sit up straight (like at the dinner table) without my nuts aching. Back to the office for the first time tomorrow for a while.

Two weeks to follow up with doctor, and presumably, activation. Tried feeling my way around my pump for a bit today. Didn't get too far without it hurting enough to to make me stop.

What an experience so far!

Bob 2.0

Bob you are doing fine, that first few days at the office will be a little uncomfortable, but manageable. You sound like how I felt at day 11. Just think some people get activated at 14 days. Everyone is different. Hang in there.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Thursday 8/16 - Two weeks

Two weeks ago I returned from Baltimore with my new gear. A fair amount of pain, and a lot of discomfort. WTF did I do? Now, the pain is only momentary -- flashes at random times that last a few seconds -- and the discomfort is still there, but SO much less than it was. Standing for too long or sitting up for too long will make my scrotum throb, but that too is fading. All in all, the experience is nowhere near as bad as I had made it up to be beforehand.

I was a loose boxers guy for most of my adult life, and then came the prostatectomy and the pads, which forced me back into today's versions of the tightie-whities I grew up with. As my continence improved I migrated back to boxers, usually with just a mini pad, or none at all. Then, BAM! back to Jockeys with a jock strap over top. My boys (three of them now, and not playing nicely together) needed that support, and it kept Little Bob pointed up, which I was told was important. A couple of nights ago, Dr. Kramer told me I could lose the jock, and let the little man point wherever. With boxers and baggy gym shorts, I'm actually pretty comfortable. Regular clothing gets old pretty quickly.

I'm about 20% inflated according to the doc. And about 3" long. Not great, but better than the hiding turtle head I was left with much of the time after my prostatectomy. The doc says he's confident I'll get to 4-1/2 to 5" erect after cycling for 6 months or so. If I can get there, I'll be really happy. I haven't been past 5" since I was a young man, and usually around 2" flaccid (or zero inches if cold :o ).

I can feel the lumps of the "crinkles" on both sides of my penis from the cylinders not being fully inflated, and can slowly squeeze them away -- they then pop up somewhere else. Definitely feel the tips a little way from the the end of my dick, a.k.a. the glans ( :lol: ). Pretty strange, but I guess I'll get used to it. The underside of my penis has a numb spot near the frenelum that I'm hoping goes away. Actually the whole thing is strange, but I'm amazed at how seldom I'm consciously aware of it.

The pump -- my new nut... Well, the tenderness of my scrotum has subsided to the point that I've been able to do some exploring. It seems to be located well, below and a little behind my old nuts, and a little to the left. I think I have a pretty good handle on the geometry of the pump. I can definitely feel the "brick" at the top, and am pretty sure I have found the deflate button. The whole thing feels as hard as a rock. The doc said if I get a good feel for it and am comfortable I could try to deflate it before my followup (August 28th). I would like to lose this semi woody, but sure can't imagine putting the big squeeze on this yet. Maybe next week.

I continue to be encouraged by the posts of my bionic brothers who are further into this journey. With a few exceptions, it seems like there is nothing but upside from here out. I had great difficulty climaxing after the prostatectomy (3 times, by hand in the shower; never with the half-assed sex I was able to have with the injections), and am concerned that after the implant it might be tough. It seems pretty standard that guys report their orgasms are way more intense, and that has my head spinning.

I'm really looking forward to "re-connecting' with my wife in that special way....

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:53 pm

You're doing great. You're right where you supposed to be. Only downhill from here. I'm super sensitive now. I came a little prematurely last night, but not before my significant other came 3 times. :) I'm a compression shorts kind of guy now, and I like them. They show off the bulge nicely. I remember the pump bothering me and Donnie telling me soon it will be your best friend. Yep, he was right.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Mastercard

Postby Mastercard » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Radioradio

Seems like you are progressing well and enjoying the experience. In a couple of weeks you will be a veteran and thinking back to how you felt before Aug 2 and how great you will be feeling then. Wishing you well through the finish.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention --
The implant seems to have "cured" my stress incontinence from the prostatectomy (leaking with sneezes, coughs, sudden movements, etc.) :D
That's been replaced by the inability to get the last couple of drops out after peeing. :(
All in all, a good swap.

And Mastercard -- we'll both be veterans! Hope you're doing well, also.

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Sounds like you're doing great, Bob! Hope things keep going well for you.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 pm

I also forgot to mention the third component of my new gear -- the reservoir. Don't even know it is there. No pain, soreness, awareness. Nothing.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am

radioradio wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention --
The implant seems to have "cured" my stress incontinence from the prostatectomy (leaking with sneezes, coughs, sudden movements, etc.) :D
That's been replaced by the inability to get the last couple of drops out after peeing. :(
All in all, a good swap.

And Mastercard -- we'll both be veterans! Hope you're doing well, also.

Bob 2.0

Bob that will get better also.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:13 am

Tybee,
Good to know. Thanks.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Well it was three weeks ago just about to the hour that I was having my implantation. What an amazing time it has been. I have four things to report:

Soreness is now intermittent and very tolerable, and getting better every day. Still get occasional shooting pains in my shaft and/or base that last for a few seconds.

I've been exploring around the neighborhood, and found the deflate button a few days ago, but was too sore to spend much time there. Yesterday I gave as much of a squeeze as I could stand. Didn't hear the buzz, and didn't really feel anything happen, but my dick definitely wasn't as stiff. Today I've given it three tries, and same thing, although each time its a little less stiff. It's still pretty hard if I squeeze it, but I can bend it and it hangs down instead of pointing out. This might sound funny, but I don't know if I'm deflated or not. Definitely more comfortable( and manageable -- I've never had to consider the bulge factor in my whole life)! I might just leave it like this until Monday when I see Kramer.

After my prostatectomy, as I regained my continence I sort of plateaued at a place where I was good all except when I would sneeze, cough, strain, etc. "Stress incontinence". That ended with the implant. :D Unfortunately, it's been progressively replaced by great difficulty in getting the last bit of urine out when I pee before I put Little Bob back in my pants. Maybe with some deflation that will get better. Anyone have any input here?

And third, running down the middle, most of the underside of my penis is numb. Not happy about this, and hoping it resolves.

And even though I haven't used it yet for the deed, I love my new dick!

Bob 2.0

Return to “Implants”