On the way to my Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
liber.tine

On the way to my Implant

Postby liber.tine » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:53 am

Greetings!
First of all, let me introduce myself: Iam a 28 year old guy from Germany suffering from ED since my birth.
From where iam now , i traveled a long and rocky road, as maybe a lot of you.
But lets keep this part short: I was basically born with a venous leak, but it took a while till i noticed that sth is wrong with me, and so i started to ask questions and see doctors by the age of 20. At that age i was diagnosed with that disorder. I guess you can understand that i tried every therapy that i heard or read of. During that time i developed a major depression, which i basically am still suffering from. It took me 7 years to finally accept that there are no more therapies left and concentrate on the implant. 2 months ago i had a appointment with an implant surgeon and i felt in good hands. Although he answered all my questions i still am frightened and irresolute... I really want my situation to improve but on the other hand i have to think about all the negative things like: the pain, the revisions and things that could go wrong during the surgery. I really have to constantly motivate myself. But really wanna change sth so i scheduled the surgery for about mid october.

The doctor basically lets me decide which model i wanna go for...he said: both will work for me.
I said i will contact him when i made a decision about the model. That will be the last step before the surgery.
For me this decision is really hard to make, since I constantly have the feeling to sit between two chairs and miss out on sth.

I would really appreciate if you could help me with your knowledge to make a decision.
So here are my thoughts about both models and my individual demands:
- My penis is about 16cm long and 4cm thick(in diameter) when erected. Doctor said both models will fit, but when i compare the girth sizes of the implants i think that the Coloplast could be a little bit too wide, so that it could might be uncomfortable to wear.....I did some maths: AMS 18mm x 2= 36mm plus some skin and tunica layers= about 39mm maybe, coloplast 22mm x 2 =44mm plus skin etc= about 47mm...
-For me its important to have a good comfort since its deflated most of the time
-I want to have the implant as long as possible (as maybe all of you)
-In general iam a rather slim guy (77kg 179cm)
-Penis-size is important to me
-Iam a young guy, i wanna have an penis that is efficient
-A natural look is important to me: both erected and flaccid.
-The pump should work right out of the box

Some additional questions:
-Is there a major difference between the cx and the lgx in width(inflated), and durability?
If AMS then which one would you suggest (I heard the CX lasts longer?)
-Alibaba said that his first impl(LGX) looked very flat (as smashed between a car-door), does the LGX really not give the penis its natural round shape?
From what i saw on phots the coloplast always looked rounder and the lgx kinda flat is that the case/are the such big differences?

I really appreciate your attention.
Iam glad that this forum exists. In the next days i will use this as a kind of journal to keep you updated about my process and decisions i make.
I hope to have the surgery done by Mid-October.
Lots of love and greetings from:
Liber.tine

alibaba

Re: On the way to my Implant

Postby alibaba » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:00 pm

The LGX I had did look flat. Some others describe it as oval. I must say the AMS was absolutely comfortable deflated and felt real like there had been no implant deflated. I have a major headache this morning so not thinking good enough to figure out your measurements but if you are slender in the penis I would think the AMS would again be a good fit. The Coloplast pump is much more comfortable and feel wise just feels like another testicle. The AMS pump feels like a brick turned sideways. I found the corners of that "brick" sticking out very obvious and quite uncomfortable.
I know it is very hard to decide. I can tell you that once you have decided and get it done, you fall back into a comfort zone that easily helps you get past all those depressing emotional issues. There are still issues to get used to like pumping it up and not being embarrassed to do it but your emotional state improves vastly! Cheers man. Deciding to get it done is the hard part and you have done that!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:38 pm

If you want an implant that is totally unnoticeable and looks natural then AMS CX is the one I reccomend. If you see my pic on AMS vs Coloplast questions - page 2. The pump isn't noticeable at all. PM with any questions.
Donnie
Last edited by Donnie1954 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 pm

I would recommend the LGX model myself as it has both length and girth expansion and feels very natural. It has the same pump and reservoirs as the CX series but also expands in length. The length expansion can give you a little grow room as you an your body become more accustomed to the presence of an implant.

My LGX 700 gave me great service for 4.5 years and then failed. I am now getting ready for a revision 8/18. I expect that my surgeon will use the same model and size that he did originally.

Make up your mind and go with it. You have to take into account your personal assessment of the risks, annoyance, and benefits of any of the IPP choices and with the aid of your surgeon pick what is right for you. The AMS CX series isn't a bad choice either.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:01 pm

radiodec wrote:I would recommend the LGX model myself as it has both length and girth expansion and feels very natural. It has the same pump and reservoirs as the CX series ...
(edited for brevity and focus)

David

Are you sure about the pump being the same??
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:00 pm

liber.tine wrote:Greetings!
First of all, let me introduce myself: Iam a 28 year old guy from Germany suffering from ED since my birth.

Hi, ich stamme ebenfalls aus Deutschland. In welchem Krankenhaus soll die Operation stattfinden und wie heißt der Arzt?
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:48 pm

(Strongagain says he is also from Germany and wants to know where he is having his surgery and by which dr.)
I have only had the ams cx implant but it seems to be doing everything it should. From what I've been reading on ft, none of them are perfect. I haven't been able to have an orgasm via coitus since my implant, but can through masturbation. I've lost some sensitivity which does seem to be getting better - keeping my fingers crossed. But it sounds like that is not unique to the ams. And it doesn't prevent me from having amazing sex and my wife loves it.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:05 pm

strongagain , Man you are taxing my brain! It has been 40 years this year since my 4 years of German and I never used it since. Ich sprechen der Deutsch nicht.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 pm

I have the LGX, and I like it! Yeah, the pump has square edges, but I've gotten used to it. And besides, it works great. I have a natural looking flaccid, and it's longer. 13 pumps and I'm ready for action. So far I'm up to 20 pumps so I know that I'm stretching out some.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:38 am

alibaba wrote:strongagain , Man you are taxing my brain! It has been 40 years this year since my 4 years of German and I never used it since. Ich sprechen der Deutsch nicht.

I only wanted to point out as clearly as possible that I received my implant in Germany. That fact might help liber.tine.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”