Titan Revision by Dr. Kramer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BillinAL

Titan Revision by Dr. Kramer

Postby BillinAL » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Dr. Kramer performed a revision yesterday on my Titan failed (pump went flat) which failed on May 28th - it lasted about 3 years. The surgery was performed about 10 am on Wednesday and I arrived at home in Alabama a little after midnight. My wife drove the 12 hours to get us home. I had a pressing reason to be back home quickly.

I slept well last night and woke up this morning feeling really amazingly well. I did take a pain pill during the ride last night but that was more of a precaution than anything. I removed the catheter without issue this morning. I have no pain 25 hours after the surgery which is astounding to me. I have some bruising but little swelling.

During the consultation, Dr. Kramer advised that he rarely sees a reservoir failure and since the device was only 3 years old, he would test but likely reuse the reservoir if we stayed with a Titan. Because that would be one less item to be replaced, I requested that we stay with the Titan and replace what needs to be replaced. We had hoped that only a pump replacement would be necessary if the leak was in the tubing close to the pump or the pump simply failed, but during the surgery, Dr. Kramer found the leak was in one of the tubes very close to one of the cylinders making it necessary to replace the cylinders and the pump. I originally had a 20 cm plus 2 cm RTEs, and as a bonus, he was able to install 22 cm Titan cylinders with one cm RTE. That is a plus since that is a net gain of 2 cm of cylinder that actually will expand.

I have always been a bit cynical, but I can say without reservation that Dr. Kramer and his team are truly outstanding - they are efficient, exceedingly competent and guess what - they care - you cannot fake the kind of treatment I felt like I received from beginning to end by that team.

I know the process is not done but I believe I am on the way to an excellent revision.
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Bigred

Re: Titan Revision by Dr. Kramer

Postby Bigred » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:05 pm

100% agree.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm

BillinAL wrote:Dr. Kramer performed a revision yesterday on my Titan failed (pump went flat) which failed on May 28th - it lasted about 3 years. The surgery was performed about 10 am on Wednesday and I arrived at home in Alabama a little after midnight. My wife drove the 12 hours to get us home. I had a pressing reason to be back home quickly.

I slept well last night and woke up this morning feeling really amazingly well. I did take a pain pill during the ride last night but that was more of a precaution than anything. I removed the catheter without issue this morning. I have no pain 25 hours after the surgery which is astounding to me. I have some bruising but little swelling.

During the consultation, Dr. Kramer advised that he rarely sees a reservoir failure and since the device was only 3 years old, he would test but likely reuse the reservoir if we stayed with a Titan. Because that would be one less item to be replaced, I requested that we stay with the Titan and replace what needs to be replaced. We had hoped that only a pump replacement would be necessary if the leak was in the tubing close to the pump or the pump simply failed, but during the surgery, Dr. Kramer found the leak was in one of the tubes very close to one of the cylinders making it necessary to replace the cylinders and the pump. I originally had a 20 cm plus 2 cm RTEs, and as a bonus, he was able to install 22 cm Titan cylinders with one cm RTE. That is a plus since that is a net gain of 2 cm of cylinder that actually will expand.

I have always been a bit cynical, but I can say without reservation that Dr. Kramer and his team are truly outstanding - they are efficient, exceedingly competent and guess what - they care - you cannot fake the kind of treatment I felt like I received from beginning to end by that team.

I know the process is not done but I believe I am on the way to an excellent revision.

You have a good wife. 12 hours!
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:28 pm

BillinAL wrote:Dr. Kramer performed a revision yesterday on my Titan failed (pump went flat) which failed on May 28th - it lasted about 3 years. The surgery was performed about 10 am on Wednesday and I arrived at home in Alabama a little after midnight. My wife drove the 12 hours to get us home. I had a pressing reason to be back home quickly.

BillinAL: could you contact me via private mail? Also Milam victim and have appointment scheduled with Kramer. Would like to ask you some questions. Would contact you, but unable to figure out the system. Also live in AL. Thanks.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 pm

FirstCav46
I sent a PM - hope it goes through - have not used PM before so am trying to figure out as well.
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 pm

AWESOME! Hugs to your wife too. After a day of stress a 12 hour drive. That woman is gold. Cheers and heal well.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:16 pm

I have made it through the first 7 days after repair by Dr. Kramer. It has been much easier than my original implant. It has not been necessary to take prescription or over the counter pain medicine since the first day and I only took that as a precaution because of the 13 hour ride home after surgery. I am still pretty sore on the sides of my scrotum, but swelling is beginning to subside and bruising is dissappearing.

I am very tender and still somewhat swollen to do much poking around but it feels like my pump is right up under the base of the shaft. I hope that is not where it stays. On my original implant, it was perfect for me - between the two boys but slightly lower.

Anyone else have a scrotal approach that had a pump that seemed too high and close to the base? I may be judging this too soon - sure hope this thing starts dropping as my swelling continues to go down.

Thanks ahead for any insight.

Bill

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Got to give it time. Mine seemed a bit high at first but after a few weeks it dropped down just fine.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 pm

alibaba wrote:AWESOME! Hugs to your wife too. After a day of stress a 12 hour drive. That woman is gold. Cheers and heal well.

absolutely...:)

Larry

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:29 am

Part of my implant is a slight budge on the left side at the penis base. Not in the way, all works great and zero discomfort. Couldn't be more pleased but only one thing, partner is now not real interested in having sex. Not sure where this will end up as she has zero desire and no long touches plays or showers with me. It is like once I could have an erection, things stopped.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”