Titan Revision by Dr. Kramer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Titan Revision by Dr. Kramer

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:38 am

dirtman1993 wrote:Part of my implant is a slight budge on the left side at the penis base. Not in the way, all works great and zero discomfort. Couldn't be more pleased but only one thing, partner is now not real interested in having sex. Not sure where this will end up as she has zero desire and no long touches plays or showers with me. It is like once I could have an erection, things stopped.

Oh no, that's horrible. If she is interested at all in returning to the sexual woman she once was, perhaps she could check and see if her estrogen levels are low. I know when I lost the desire, it was my testosterone levels that were low. Not sure if it's the same but I learned that along with loss if sexual desire, low T levels produce other health concerns, cardiac for one. Just food for thought. :)

Larry

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:57 am

Larry10625 wrote:
dirtman1993 wrote:Part of my implant is a slight budge on the left side at the penis base. Not in the way, all works great and zero discomfort. Couldn't be more pleased but only one thing, partner is now not real interested in having sex. Not sure where this will end up as she has zero desire and no long touches plays or showers with me. It is like once I could have an erection, things stopped.

Oh no, that's horrible. If she is interested at all in returning to the sexual woman she once was, perhaps she could check and see if her estrogen levels are low. I know when I lost the desire, it was my testosterone levels that were low. Not sure if it's the same but I learned that along with loss if sexual desire, low T levels produce other health concerns, cardiac for one. Just food for thought. :)

Larry

Or Testosterone maybe low. A little testosterone cream for a woman can really change her sex drive and give her more energy. I is just a lot lower dose than a man
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:12 pm

I will be 4 weeks post surgery in three days. I still have some soreness on the sides of my scrotum which I believe is due to having my 20cm + 2 cm RTE Titan replaced with a 22cm +1 cm RTE. That means one cm of those RTE is expanding instead of a fixed size and will need to heal. Other than that and a few odd shooting pains, I am healing well.

But here comes the bad news. On my first implant, it was done infra-pubically, so that I had very little swelling in my scrotum. I can rememeber being told by the doctor to begin pulling down on the pump after a few days. I did and ended with very good pump positioning centered just below my balls.

My recent revision was done through my scrotum and I had a surprising amount of swelling so that I could not even feel the pump for 2 1/2 weeks. At that time, I could feel that the pump was way too high, but felt like I could pull it down once the soreness and swelling subsided. The release portion of the pump is jammed up against the bottom of my penis and above my balls. It is fixed in a position with the release button pointed toward my ass. I can barely feel the release since it is so buried. The pump bulb itself is about level with the upper half of my balls. Over the last couple of days I have used a good bit of force to try to pull it down but can not get it loose. I can feel the tissue stretching that it is attached to. I have pulled hard enough to move my penis up and down when pulling. I have read somehere where the capsule can grow to the place where the incisions were made in the corpora (to install the cylinders) and I got a feeling that is what happened with the swelling having jammed everything together for a couple of weeks. In addition, since the pump is not in the bottom of my sack, one or more of the tubes is looped toward the inside of the incision in my scrotum and rubbing on the inside of the incision keeping it sore.

Not sure at this point that I will ever be able to use this pump. It is simply too high and pointed in a direction that the release will be impractical if not impossible to get to. Needless to say I am pretty aggravated at this point.

Doctor tells me to wait till fully healed and then try to pull it down. If it won't pull down, we'll have to determine what to do next.

Has anyone had to have a pump revision immediately following an implant. How long do you normally have to wait to have it done?

Thanks ahead for any info.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

billylee

Postby billylee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Dern Bill, been reading along about your revision and was about to send you a congratulation then read your "high pump" problem. Hope it all gets better. Keep me posted. billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 am

It's like maybe there are other issues to resolve there between you too?

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 am

Nope, is just a one way thing
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Bill,

I had to wait 8 weeks to inflate due the a hematoma that I caused by trying things too early. I remember being concerned about the fact that my deflate valve was hard to locate and it was pointed at me butt. Once I was healed I was able to get to the valve easily. I believe it is really in an ideal position. My pump ended up about even with my testicles, and rests in between them only slightly lower now. I put the index finger of my left hand on the top of the pump (left side as it is horizontal) to stabilize it while I pump with my right hand. It is now easy to get behind the bulb to the valve, but it took time and practice. Don't despair yet, there is a good chance you are OK.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Or Testosterone maybe low. A little testosterone cream for a woman can really change her sex drive and give her more energy. I is just a lot lower dose than a man

===
My wife is 62 years old, 6 years ago I went with her to visit the OBYN, who happens to be kosher, I mentioned that my wife was alway dry with no sex drive. He suggested OTC “DHA” 50mg, I thought what a lot of crap. The thing worked, my wife has passed the information to a couple of co-workers, who have thank her for saving the marriage. It did work.
The question is if she willing to try it for more 3 weeks.
I hope she does, it is a bummer when your partner is not in the same boat.
Good luck
Shaman
Implanted August, 2015 - AMS LGX. -
Revision April 24, 2017 by Dr Carrion - University of South Florida (USF)
Titan 22cm + 1.5 Rear Tip Extender

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:52 pm

I am now at 4 1/2 weeks post surgery. Only place I have any soreness is the bottom of the incision. I believe that is being caused because the pump is so high that the extra tubing that would have allowed the pump to go lower into the correct position is looped upwards and rubbing the inside of the incision. I have not been able to get to the release - it is basically buried in the tissue at the base of my penis. When the last soreness leaves the incision I will try in a hot tub.

Dr Kramer reached out to me last week and suggested I either return to see him or he has a urologist friend in Birmingham which is only 70 miles away that I can see. He texted that doctor, Brian Christine, and I now have an appointment with him on Sept 5th.

Dr Kramer said it would be problematic to do a pump revision this early but would be glad to do it 2-3 months post surgery. The encapsulation would be complete by then. I believe he has a procedure to use that encapsulation to thread the tubing through it to stabilize the pump in a lower position. I have watched a couple of his pump revision videos and that looks like what he is doing. I will find out more in depth if I go back to Baltimore for the revision.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Bill,
I'm having a pump revision on Tuesday for an entirely different reason than what you're going through. My pump seems to be stuck (can't get it to pop and/or inflate) and unreliable when it does work. (It also healed pretty high and is a bugger to get at, but at least the release button is pointing in the right direction). Neither I nor my Dr. can get it to work properly. I'm six months out. See my thread "my two for one". I probably would have tried to live with it longer but for other reasons, Dr. Karpman will be working in there anyway, so he's going to replace the pump. Good luck with your dilemma.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Return to “Implants”