The Times They Are a Changin'...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

Re: The Times They Are a Changin'...

Postby DaveKell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 am

I have an appointment this morning with my surgeon. I called his office yesterday with a few questions about what I've experienced in recovery. The constant nagging pain from a hard lump at the bottom of my shaft doesn't get helped with narcotics. I can plainly feel it is in the cylinder. They told me on the phone it couldn't be since at the base of my penis shaft everything is inside my body. Out of caution they asked me to come in. I intend to ask to be deflated to see if it lets up or at least reduces in intensity. My wife just informed me I never handle pain well. And of course she had to add she had two babies at home and never took any pain meds. I understand having a baby is like shoving a grand piano through your nostril but there are some pains men overall don't tolerate well. Hopefully this is a minor concern and will be resolved at this appointment. Stay tuned...
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:10 am

DaveKell wrote:I have an appointment this morning with my surgeon. I called his office yesterday with a few questions about what I've experienced in recovery. The constant nagging pain from a hard lump at the bottom of my shaft doesn't get helped with narcotics. I can plainly feel it is in the cylinder. They told me on the phone it couldn't be since at the base of my penis shaft everything is inside my body. Out of caution they asked me to come in. I intend to ask to be deflated to see if it lets up or at least reduces in intensity. My wife just informed me I never handle pain well. And of course she had to add she had two babies at home and never took any pain meds. I understand having a baby is like shoving a grand piano through your nostril but there are some pains men overall don't tolerate well. Hopefully this is a minor concern and will be resolved at this appointment. Stay tuned...

Right decision. If narcotics don't help, that's pretty severe pain.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Turns out they said I was probably overinflated. Released some fluid and the pressure immediately lessened to a more tolerable level. The lump at the base of my shaft was a twisted cylinder that straightened out when inflated again. Nurse said she never had an implant patient let her deflate at a week after surgery before. I did nearly come up off the table when she squeezed. The PA came in and examined everything and said there were no issues. Just that I was healing differently than some and could stay on pain meds for another round. I'm definitely ready to turn a corner and get more comfortable.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Glad to hear some good news Dave. Hang in there. It's gonna be alright.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:12 pm

DaveKell wrote:Turns out they said I was probably overinflated. Released some fluid and the pressure immediately lessened to a more tolerable level. The lump at the base of my shaft was a twisted cylinder that straightened out when inflated again. Nurse said she never had an implant patient let her deflate at a week after surgery before. I did nearly come up off the table when she squeezed. The PA came in and examined everything and said there were no issues. Just that I was healing differently than some and could stay on pain meds for another round. I'm definitely ready to turn a corner and get more comfortable.

Great that you got to see someone. Now it is funny, my doctor left mine implant totally deflated since surgery. Hopeful he will have me inflating and cycling tomorrow. Just goes to show you that are more than one way to skin a cat.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Glad you got that resolved!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm

DaveKell wrote:Turns out they said I was probably overinflated. Released some fluid and the pressure immediately lessened to a more tolerable level. The lump at the base of my shaft was a twisted cylinder that straightened out when inflated again. Nurse said she never had an implant patient let her deflate at a week after surgery before. I did nearly come up off the table when she squeezed. The PA came in and examined everything and said there were no issues. Just that I was healing differently than some and could stay on pain meds for another round. I'm definitely ready to turn a corner and get more comfortable.

So, are you reinflated to the same extent now that the twist is straightened out?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Actually I think it's a little less inflated. I still feel the same level of pressure, for lack of a better way to describe it. The nagging pain was substantially reduced. Of course it was momentarily replaced by being deflated and pumped up again after only a week. I'm still icing frequently and lying down way too much to suit me.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:58 am

Here I am again with my new routine of checking latest posts on FrankTalk. I no longer have to sit at the very front edge of my office chair. Also, I got a full nights sleep with no waking from pain. Just the improvement I've been waiting to experience. The anxiety I had before the surgery is being replaced with anticipation (butterflies in the belly) of getting to make love with my wife again.

I have a brother who is in his 50's. He's been a juvenile diabetic all his life. A few years ago he had a heart attack and triple bypass. He is married to a woman we introduced him to for about 3 years now. She was my wife's teacher's aide. I confided to him about my implant and was crushed to hear him say in a very defeated tone that sex is out of his life now with his new wife. Prior to the heart attack I knew he used a vacuum pump because of diabetes induced ED. I told him about this forum and that I know I had seen diabetics and heart problems guys who had implants and he should look into it. His first response was "why would I want something implanted in my dick I would always be able to feel?". I told him that wasn't the case after a while. I'm going to keep bugging him until I know he has been on here and looked around. The only problem for him is he has a military disability and will have to use the VA for any procedures. Who knows what kind of outcome he would get there.

The only thing I'm waiting on now to dissipate is the full feeling of pressure in my dick. I wouldn't say I have outright pain now, just discomfort. I can't wait to use this thing!

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:31 pm

DaveKell wrote:Here I am again with my new routine of checking latest posts on FrankTalk. I no longer have to sit at the very front edge of my office chair. Also, I got a full nights sleep with no waking from pain. Just the improvement I've been waiting to experience. The anxiety I had before the surgery is being replaced with anticipation (butterflies in the belly) of getting to make love with my wife again.

I have a brother who is in his 50's. He's been a juvenile diabetic all his life. A few years ago he had a heart attack and triple bypass. He is married to a woman we introduced him to for about 3 years now. She was my wife's teacher's aide. I confided to him about my implant and was crushed to hear him say in a very defeated tone that sex is out of his life now with his new wife. Prior to the heart attack I knew he used a vacuum pump because of diabetes induced ED. I told him about this forum and that I know I had seen diabetics and heart problems guys who had implants and he should look into it. His first response was "why would I want something implanted in my dick I would always be able to feel?". I told him that wasn't the case after a while. I'm going to keep bugging him until I know he has been on here and looked around. The only problem for him is he has a military disability and will have to use the VA for any procedures. Who knows what kind of outcome he would get there.

The only thing I'm waiting on now to dissipate is the full feeling of pressure in my dick. I wouldn't say I have outright pain now, just discomfort. I can't wait to use this thing!

Dave, let you brother know as long as he has a history of ED issues it will be covered. I am a former serviceman and I was covered,
paid $25.00 out of pocket. But I had ED issues since I was 38.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Return to “Implants”