Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rahod1

Re: Dr. Milam Victim in Pain, Asking for Advice

Postby rahod1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 pm

firstcav46 wrote:I can be marked down as another victim of Dr. Milam, and now I'm looking for advice on whether I'm a candidate for a replacement.
I am 70 (uncircumcised), live 90 miles from Atlanta, was implanted in May 2014 at Vanderbilt with the LGX. My insurance is Medicare Advantage through United Healthcare.
All went well for the first year after my implant. But in April 2015, I developed a burning about an inch in length, encircling the shaft, abutting the glans.

This sounds like nerve damage. Get second opinion.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 am

You are a very patient man to put up with Milam and Mary Ann's "you got your implant now fuck you" attitude this long. A real doctor will try to find the cause of your problem. Another quack will want to circumcise you even though for 68-69 years that foreskin was no issue. I have heard before of doctors that demand a circumcision to deal with and implant which I consider a diversion rather than a treatment for the original issue that had developed. I would ask, is it possible that you are not remaining covered all the time now and that is causing the irritation? Dr. Kramer's email is: AKramer@som.umaryland.edu Make a list of things to discuss with him or Eid that you may think might have the slightest bearing on the issue.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:09 am

The ask Dr. Eid a question link is here: https://www.urologicalcare.com/contact- ... he-doctor/
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:51 am

alibaba wrote:I have heard before of doctors that demand a circumcision to deal with an implant

Un-be-liev-able! :x

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 pm

David_R wrote:
alibaba wrote:I have heard before of doctors that demand a circumcision to deal with an implant

Un-be-liev-able! :x

I agree.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:15 pm

How does this guy (Milam) stay in "business"?
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:20 pm

radioradio wrote:How does this guy (Milam) stay in "business"?

Remember that old joke:

Q: What do you call a doctor who graduated lowest his class?
A: Doctor

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 pm

warrenw wrote:
radioradio wrote:How does this guy (Milam) stay in "business"?

Remember that old joke:

Q: What do you call a doctor who graduated lowest his class?
A: Doctor

:lol: never heard that one. I had one of those doctors. She was recommended to me by a doctor in the ER when I dislocated/fractured a finger. I fell off a ladder and I thought I was unscathed until I looked at my finger, it was bent at a right angle. I straightened it out walking in the house to tell my wife. My wife said we better go to ER just in case. Well the X-ray showed a fracture. So I went to this doctor the next day. Well she just gave it a quick look and had a therapist put on a metal brace on it and I was told to take it off a few times a day and bend the finger. I did this and when I went back to see her in a few weeks, she X-rayed it and told me that the fracture broke off, and I needed surgery to put a screw in it. This didn't work, so I get another surgery to put a big pin in through the joint. When I went back to her office to have the pin removed, there was hardly any part of the pin to grab with the pliers. She must have slipped 4 or 5 times with the pliers, and this hurt like heck, she walks out, and my wife and I look at each other, with that WTF look on both of our faces. She did finally remove it, but damn. Any ways I have a finger that bends maybe 50% and is crooked. Idk, I've heard joints are problematic, so maybe she did the best she could. its a pain to pick up a coin, :) but other than that, it's ok. I can still ride a motorcycle. W ;)
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:57 am

alibaba wrote:You are a very patient man to put up with Milam and Mary Ann's "you got your implant now fuck you" attitude this long. A real doctor will try to find the cause of your problem. Another quack will want to circumcise you even though for 68-69 years that foreskin was no issue. I have heard before of doctors that demand a circumcision to deal with and implant which I consider a diversion rather than a treatment for the original issue that had developed. I would ask, is it possible that you are not remaining covered all the time now and that is causing the irritation? Dr. Kramer's email is: AKramer@som.umaryland.edu Make a list of things to discuss with him or Eid that you may think might have the slightest bearing on the issue.

In fact three urologists that I consulted, including Milam, all proposed a circumcision, but it was an afterthought than a real solution. My foreskin has served me well all these years and I do not believe it is the problem. It is short, but it does cover the glans while I sleep; otherwise it covers the affected area at all times.
I've about decided the problem that is causing me the most irritation/pain is that one of the cylinders has been implanted slightly off-center, causing it to constantly rub against the skin. The cylinder on the other side is OK (no irriration there).
Another aggravating problem I have, I assume caused by the infrapublic surgery, is the tube bulging onto my skin as it leaves my scrotum. This is very annoying because I have a small scrotum due to years of testosterone therapy.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Well, as most of you already know, I am 100% in favor of circumcision, but I am also 100% in favor of the right of the (adult) penis owner to make that decision. There is no way on this earth that it ought to be necessary before getting an implant. The only issue there is that a man with a short foreskin might wind up with the glans exposed after an implant, but he'd get that anyway with a circumcision. If the surgeon tries to require circumcision before he'll do an implant, get another surgeon.

Return to “Implants”