Just a bit concerned...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
smartin

Just a bit concerned...

Postby smartin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Hey everyone - happy to join the club of the newly bionic. Pills didn't work, and injections were unreliable at best. Finally decided to deal with my ED issues once and for all, which I did this past Monday, 7/10. Doctor was Michael Herzog in Orland Park, IL. I feel pretty good 5 days after surgery, with pain levels that are readily managed with extra strength Tylenol. Penis is still quite bruised and swollen, as is scrotum, though this appears to be pretty normal. I've been told not to touch the pump or try to do anything with it myself, which is fine with me because the area is quite sensitive. It seems like it's positioned in such a way that will make it more conspicuous than I would like, though I'll withhold judgment on that until all the swelling goes down.

I do have an issue that I'm quite concerned about, partially because I haven't read a lot of testimonials that suggest it's typical. My penis is pointing significantly to the left. Pre-surgery, I leaned left, but now, if I were to stand up and look down, I'd say it's barely at 10:00 - maybe even 9:45. When I called the doctor about it yesterday, he downplayed it as "normal", but I find that very hard to believe. I'm going to see him first thing Monday, but in the meantime, I'm worried as all hell. (Being a worrier is one of the traits that contributed to my ED.) I keep thinking that there's either a problem with the AMS device itself - e.g., the left cylinder has less fluid in it than the right, or that the doctor made some mistake during the surgery. Either one could potentially involve a corrective surgery, which I would REALLY hate to go through, not to mention pay for. (I have a very high deductible/co-pay insurance plan.)

Can anyone offer any comments or insights that might help me sleep the next couple of nights? I'm quite stressed by the prospect that something isn't right, and that some sort of corrective surgery might be needed. Thanks!

"Smartin" - which is what I am right now. (Also, Steve Martin.)

(BTW, I'm 58, married, generally healthy, and live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.)
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

Donnie1954

Re: Just a bit concerned...

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Brother
It is way to early to be stressing over your implant. In a month, things wil be a lot different than they are now. In a month if you still have concerns, then they should be addressed. Usually these things correct themselves. Welcome to the family. PM me anytime.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Dionnfr

Postby Dionnfr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Hey brother had mine on the tenth also AMS700, there is a lot of good people on this forum ready to help, so far the one I listen to the most is Donnie. So my doctor this past Thursday and I asked him about mine pointing to the left also he said nothing to worry about, I see him again on the 25th. I agree with what Donnie said, my doctor said the same thing to give a month you'll be fine, one thing he did was grab my pump and boy did that hurt. I'm just asking Advil only.

Best of luck to you Brother,
hang in there it will all work out for the best, ice, ice and stay off your feet as much as possible.
Implanted 07/10/2017 by Dr. Rambarran, Buffalo, NY. AMS LGX 18cm and 2cm rte. Great surgeon and really cares about his patient.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Mine was fine after surgery but is pointing way left. I ask the PA about it before I saw the doctor this pass Thursday. He jokingly said that I just need to pose like Elvis when I take a piss. LOL don't worry brother just rest and get well
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:32 pm

smartin wrote:Hey everyone - happy to join the club of the newly bionic. Pills didn't work, and injections were unreliable at best. Finally decided to deal with my ED issues once and for all, which I did this past Monday, 7/10. Doctor was Michael Herzog in Orland Park, IL. I feel pretty good 5 days after surgery, with pain levels that are readily managed with extra strength Tylenol. Penis is still quite bruised and swollen, as is scrotum, though this appears to be pretty normal. I've been told not to touch the pump or try to do anything with it myself, which is fine with me because the area is quite sensitive. It seems like it's positioned in such a way that will make it more conspicuous than I would like, though I'll withhold judgment on that until all the swelling goes down.

I do have an issue that I'm quite concerned about, partially because I haven't read a lot of testimonials that suggest it's typical. My penis is pointing significantly to the left. Pre-surgery, I leaned left, but now, if I were to stand up and look down, I'd say it's barely at 10:00 - maybe even 9:45. When I called the doctor about it yesterday, he downplayed it as "normal", but I find that very hard to believe. I'm going to see him first thing Monday, but in the meantime, I'm worried as all hell. (Being a worrier is one of the traits that contributed to my ED.) I keep thinking that there's either a problem with the AMS device itself - e.g., the left cylinder has less fluid in it than the right, or that the doctor made some mistake during the surgery. Either one could potentially involve a corrective surgery, which I would REALLY hate to go through, not to mention pay for. (I have a very high deductible/co-pay insurance plan.)

Can anyone offer any comments or insights that might help me sleep the next couple of nights? I'm quite stressed by the prospect that something isn't right, and that some sort of corrective surgery might be needed. Thanks!

"Smartin" - which is what I am right now. (Also, Steve Martin.)

(BTW, I'm 58, married, generally healthy, and live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.)

Your implant is probably partially inflated.. that alone may cause it to swing way or the other. As others have said, it's way too early to stress over anything.

Larry

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Mine was a left hanger before surgery. Still was after surgery but when inflated fully, straightens out pretty good. Don't worry about any of that until the swelling goes down and you can see what you got.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Depending upon how inflated you are, the bend to the left may be (probably) is nothing. When deflated, mine wants to work it's way into practically the same position you are describing. When inflated, it goes like it's supposed to. I did have to do some "modeling" to make it (near) perfectly straight. That comes later.

Agreeing with the other guys...... Too early to worry..... you're at a worrying stage (what in the world have I done to my dick!!!).... try to think ahead a few months to a time that dick will stay hard whenever and for as long as you want. I'm having more sexual fun than at anytime in my life! You are nearly there! Good luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 pm

what Donnie said......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 pm

mine pointed sharply to the left a few days post surgery. My doctor told me to give a few pumps (really early) but I think that is because it was certain that I would be able to deflate and also because I had minimal swelling. I suspect that the pointing in a certain direction is a really common early complaint, I heard that it generally takes care of itself (mine did and I am straight both erect and flacid). Remember, your goal is to have a working erection and to have no infection --- everything else is secondary "icing on the cake"
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 am

TANGERINE wrote:mine pointed sharply to the left a few days post surgery. My doctor told me to give a few pumps (really early) but I think that is because it was certain that I would be able to deflate and also because I had minimal swelling. I suspect that the pointing in a certain direction is a really common early complaint, I heard that it generally takes care of itself (mine did and I am straight both erect and flacid). Remember, your goal is to have a working erection and to have no infection --- everything else is secondary "icing on the cake"

Well said.. too many people, all of a sudden, are worrying about all the other stuff and are missing the fact that they will be free to have a rock solid piece of ass, for as long as they want, any time they want. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”