Just a bit concerned...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
smartin

Re: Just a bit concerned...

Postby smartin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 am

sliphill wrote:Mine is doing the same thing, it's been 5 weeks, probably not to the same extent that it was 4 weeks ago. I was concerned too but another member told me that his was the same and it staightened. So I stopped worrying about. My doctor told me the second week to try and keep it pointed down, so this has been what I have done.

Thanks Ed. Does your doctor still think it will straighten eventually? Also, did he offer any reason WHY it points left? And, the key question, have you had sex with it yet, and if so, did your left-pointing johnson affect things in any way?
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:24 am

smartin wrote:
sliphill wrote:Mine is doing the same thing, it's been 5 weeks, probably not to the same extent that it was 4 weeks ago. I was concerned too but another member told me that his was the same and it staightened. So I stopped worrying about. My doctor told me the second week to try and keep it pointed down, so this has been what I have done.

Thanks Ed. Does your doctor still think it will straighten eventually? Also, did he offer any reason WHY it points left? And, the key question, have you had sex with it yet, and if so, did your left-pointing johnson affect things in any way?

Smartin, I haven't seen my doctor since the second week. I'm seeing him this Tuesday to get activated, so no, I haven't had sex yet. When he saw me the second week, he told me to try to either keep it pointing down, or up. Well, up was just too damned uncomfortable, so I have tried to keep it down. He did not give me an explanation as to why it is slanted to the left. It is partially inflated, so this might have something to do with it, but I'm just guessing. I was told by another member of this forum that his was the same way and it straightened out. I guess I'll know more next Tuesday when I see him. I'll let you know what he says.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

smartin

Postby smartin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:15 pm

sliphill wrote:
smartin wrote:

Smartin, I haven't seen my doctor since the second week. I'm seeing him this Tuesday to get activated, so no, I haven't had sex yet. When he saw me the second week, he told me to try to either keep it pointing down, or up. Well, up was just too damned uncomfortable, so I have tried to keep it down. He did not give me an explanation as to why it is slanted to the left. It is partially inflated, so this might have something to do with it, but I'm just guessing. I was told by another member of this forum that his was the same way and it straightened out. I guess I'll know more next Tuesday when I see him. I'll let you know what he says.

Thanks Ed. I got the MRI on Wednesday and saw the doctor yesterday. He said the MRI showed no issues - chambers are right where they're supposed to be. He inflated me to around 60%, which hurt like hell, and it straightened out just fine. He attributes the leaning to the fact that there's still a lot of swelling and that's just the way my body is reacting to it. Once the swelling goes down, he expects that everything will point the way my body naturally has it point, which is slightly left. Overall, between the MRI and his explanation, I'm feeling a lot better about the situation. Have a good weekend. Best of luck.
Smartin (As in "Steve Martin", which is who my wife says I look like because I have nearly white hair at a relatively young age. I wonder if he has a bionic dick that leans left? :D )
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

smartin wrote:
sliphill wrote:
smartin wrote:

Thanks Ed. I got the MRI on Wednesday and saw the doctor yesterday. He said the MRI showed no issues - chambers are right where they're supposed to be. He inflated me to around 60%, which hurt like hell, and it straightened out just fine. He attributes the leaning to the fact that there's still a lot of swelling and that's just the way my body is reacting to it. Once the swelling goes down, he expects that everything will point the way my body naturally has it point, which is slightly left. Overall, between the MRI and his explanation, I'm feeling a lot better about the situation. Have a good weekend. Best of luck.
Smartin (As in "Steve Martin", which is who my wife says I look like because I have nearly white hair at a relatively young age. I wonder if he has a bionic dick that leans left? :D )

:lol: You never know. Wow, he pumped you up pretty good. My penis has always pointed slightly to the left too. More so with the injections toward the end. I'll tell you, looking back on it, I have 43 days now, I worried about a lot of sheet that I didn't need to worry about. :lol:
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Mine has a slight lean left since the second implant when inflated. Had a major lean left after the first one. It was straight before the first implant. Deflated it has a major lean and roll left instead of straight down. I still attribute mine to the tubing wrapped around the right side of my dick and scar tissue that developed from that damnable implant. Glad it straightens when pumped up! Mine does now. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:52 am

alibaba wrote:Mine has a slight lean left since the second implant when inflated. Had a major lean left after the first one. It was straight before the first implant. Deflated it has a major lean and roll left instead of straight down. I still attribute mine to the tubing wrapped around the right side of my dick and scar tissue that developed from that damnable implant. Glad it straightens when pumped up! Mine does now. Cheers.

When you say major lean. I am 4 weeks out and mine is leaning to the left so much I have to stand side ways to pee. Doctor said once I start cycling it will straighten out. Was that the case for you or was it not leaning that bad? I defiantly had scare tissue from the injections.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

IJN1324

Postby IJN1324 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:41 am

smartin wrote:Hey everyone - happy to join the club of the newly bionic. Pills didn't work, and injections were unreliable at best. Finally decided to deal with my ED issues once and for all, which I did this past Monday, 7/10. Doctor was Michael Herzog in Orland Park, IL. I feel pretty good 5 days after surgery, with pain levels that are readily managed with extra strength Tylenol. Penis is still quite bruised and swollen, as is scrotum, though this appears to be pretty normal. I've been told not to touch the pump or try to do anything with it myself, which is fine with me because the area is quite sensitive. It seems like it's positioned in such a way that will make it more conspicuous than I would like, though I'll withhold judgment on that until all the swelling goes down.

I do have an issue that I'm quite concerned about, partially because I haven't read a lot of testimonials that suggest it's typical. My penis is pointing significantly to the left. Pre-surgery, I leaned left, but now, if I were to stand up and look down, I'd say it's barely at 10:00 - maybe even 9:45. When I called the doctor about it yesterday, he downplayed it as "normal", but I find that very hard to believe. I'm going to see him first thing Monday, but in the meantime, I'm worried as all hell. (Being a worrier is one of the traits that contributed to my ED.) I keep thinking that there's either a problem with the AMS device itself - e.g., the left cylinder has less fluid in it than the right, or that the doctor made some mistake during the surgery. Either one could potentially involve a corrective surgery, which I would REALLY hate to go through, not to mention pay for. (I have a very high deductible/co-pay insurance plan.)

Can anyone offer any comments or insights that might help me sleep the next couple of nights? I'm quite stressed by the prospect that something isn't right, and that some sort of corrective surgery might be needed. Thanks!

"Smartin" - which is what I am right now. (Also, Steve Martin.)

(BTW, I'm 58, married, generally healthy, and live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.)

I had the same issue (I'm not even going to call it a problem). I freaked out and called my Dr who told me that once i am healed, it will no longer be an issue.
True to his word, it wasn't an issue and I am having the time of my life.
It will only get better brother, hang in there.
700 LGX 21+2 Kramer 4.12.17

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:49 pm

I will take a picture later. It nolonger hangs center flaccid. I definitely have to aim it. No hands free peeing except sitting which is the preferred way since the prostatectomy anyway.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:59 pm

IJN1324 wrote:
smartin wrote:Hey everyone - happy to join the club of the newly bionic. Pills didn't work, and injections were unreliable at best. Finally decided to deal with my ED issues once and for all, which I did this past Monday, 7/10. Doctor was Michael Herzog in Orland Park, IL. I feel pretty good 5 days after surgery, with pain levels that are readily managed with extra strength Tylenol. Penis is still quite bruised and swollen, as is scrotum, though this appears to be pretty normal. I've been told not to touch the pump or try to do anything with it myself, which is fine with me because the area is quite sensitive. It seems like it's positioned in such a way that will make it more conspicuous than I would like, though I'll withhold judgment on that until all the swelling goes down.

I do have an issue that I'm quite concerned about, partially because I haven't read a lot of testimonials that suggest it's typical. My penis is pointing significantly to the left. Pre-surgery, I leaned left, but now, if I were to stand up and look down, I'd say it's barely at 10:00 - maybe even 9:45. When I called the doctor about it yesterday, he downplayed it as "normal", but I find that very hard to believe. I'm going to see him first thing Monday, but in the meantime, I'm worried as all hell. (Being a worrier is one of the traits that contributed to my ED.) I keep thinking that there's either a problem with the AMS device itself - e.g., the left cylinder has less fluid in it than the right, or that the doctor made some mistake during the surgery. Either one could potentially involve a corrective surgery, which I would REALLY hate to go through, not to mention pay for. (I have a very high deductible/co-pay insurance plan.)

Can anyone offer any comments or insights that might help me sleep the next couple of nights? I'm quite stressed by the prospect that something isn't right, and that some sort of corrective surgery might be needed. Thanks!

"Smartin" - which is what I am right now. (Also, Steve Martin.)

(BTW, I'm 58, married, generally healthy, and live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.)

I had the same issue (I'm not even going to call it a problem). I freaked out and called my Dr who told me that once i am healed, it will no longer be an issue.
True to his word, it wasn't an issue and I am having the time of my life.
It will only get better brother, hang in there.

This is reassuring to hear!i :D
Ed (sliphill) 68

Jerryf

Postby Jerryf » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:03 am

I just had mine put in Tuesday July 18. I'm in the same swollen to the size of cantaloupe stage. Wondering what the hell did I do to myself. My problem is the balks have chafed and burn like a 6 alarm fire. My doc did say I should try to point it up toward my belly button. This will help it stay straight. If your compression shorts are tight enough it will hold your dick in place. Hope you do well.
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

Return to “Implants”