Patient Champion

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bbb2.5

Re: Patient Advocate

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 pm

That is awesome that your going be a Patient Advocate.. one thing that they need to be aware of is the feeling of the implant. It will at times feel and look like you have a semi erections and that it is normal . Follow your Post-Op orders 100%.. Ice Ice Ice... I had no bruising and my swelling was minimal. I'm 3 weeks out looking great.

Not to impend upon your thread, but I too will becoming a Patient Advocate. My surgeon Dr. Hakky wanted me on board because I can bring a different perspective and insight as a Gay man. Even though we all will have the same body parts. We will have similar situations to occur and how we best deal with them. The one thing that makes us different is how we play. Hope that was okay and did not mean to offend anyone with that remark.

Best of Luck to you.

IJN1324

Postby IJN1324 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm

bbb2.5 wrote:That is awesome that your going be a Patient Advocate.. one thing that they need to be aware of is the feeling of the implant. It will at times feel and look like you have a semi erections and that it is normal . Follow your Post-Op orders 100%.. Ice Ice Ice... I had no bruising and my swelling was minimal. I'm 3 weeks out looking great.

Not to impend upon your thread, but I too will becoming a Patient Advocate. My surgeon Dr. Hakky wanted me on board because I can bring a different perspective and insight as a Gay man. Even though we all will have the same body parts. We will have similar situations to occur and how we best deal with them. The one thing that makes us different is how we play. Hope that was okay and did not mean to offend anyone with that remark.

Best of Luck to you.

Best of luck to you too brother, they need more people out there educating men about ED not being the end of your sex life. Just for clarification, the correct term for what I am doing is patient champion
700 LGX 21+2 Kramer 4.12.17

sliphill

Re: Patient Champion

Postby sliphill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:45 pm

IJN1324 wrote:One thing I will discuss is the healing process, it's different for everyone. I remember inflating st for weeks cos I'd read that other guys had done it. It was a horrible, extremely painful experience and if I could have removed the implant I definitely would have.

What did you mean by this? That you started pumping before you were told to? Because I have thought about it having read about guys getting activated at 4 weeks, I'm past 5 weeks and have read something about scarring and coffin effect. Anyways I have been a good patient and waiting until next Wednesday. On the plus side, I feel that I will be plenty healed by then.

Just tell them what your wife said about getting your swagger back. :)
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:09 am

IJN1324 wrote:
bbb2.5 wrote:That is awesome that your going be a Patient Advocate.. one thing that they need to be aware of is the feeling of the implant. It will at times feel and look like you have a semi erections and that it is normal . Follow your Post-Op orders 100%.. Ice Ice Ice... I had no bruising and my swelling was minimal. I'm 3 weeks out looking great.

Best of Luck to you.

Best of luck to you too brother, they need more people out there educating men about ED not being the end of your sex life. Just for clarification, the correct term for what I am doing is patient champion

Thanks , I agree more guys need to know there is hope out there after ED takes over one's life.... I hope to help those in need of answers. Mind if i ask what is the difference in a Advocate Champion and a Patient Advocate?

IJN1324

Postby IJN1324 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

bbb2.5 wrote:Thanks , I agree more guys need to know there is hope out there after ED takes over one's life.... I hope to help those in need of answers. Mind if i ask what is the difference in a Advocate Champion and a Patient Advocate?

Same thing, i believe

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:20 pm

If I were to have something brought to the attention of the Dr's and/or the manufactures it would be:
-1) Most all of the men were improperly measured for erect size pre-op
-2) The term "High Volume" should be avoided, this gives the recipient the feeling of "assembly line" surgery
-3) If and when the procedure is being handled by someone other than the Urologist make it clear to the recipient. I was not informed that my procedure was "supervised" by my Urologist and conducted by interns. I now have a revision to look forward to because of a botched installation.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

nudist

Postby nudist » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote: I now have a revision to look forward to because of a botched installation.

I fail to understand why a lawyer would not be consulted to recover any and all costs of correcting a mistake. your signature on a form acknowledging the risks does not give license to negligence, misrepresentation and/or mistakes.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

IJN1324

Postby IJN1324 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:54 pm

sliphill wrote:What did you mean by this? That you started pumping before you were told to? Because I have thought about it having read about guys getting activated at 4 weeks, I'm past 5 weeks and have read something about scarring and coffin effect. Anyways I have been a good patient and waiting until next Wednesday. On the plus side, I feel that I will be plenty healed by then.

yep, in my haste to use my implant, i started cycling too early and paid a price. PAIN

I'm good now tho :D

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 pm

nudist wrote: I fail to understand why a lawyer would not be consulted to recover any and all costs of correcting a mistake. your signature on a form acknowledging the risks does not give license to negligence, misrepresentation and/or mistakes.

Oh I don't want to sue the Urologist, I just want him to fix what he should have done the first time.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:48 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote:If I were to have something brought to the attention of the Dr's and/or the manufactures it would be:
-1) Most all of the men were improperly measured for erect size pre-op
-2) The term "High Volume" should be avoided, this gives the recipient the feeling of "assembly line" surgery
-3) If and when the procedure is being handled by someone other than the Urologist make it clear to the recipient. I was not informed that my procedure was "supervised" by my Urologist and conducted by interns. I now have a revision to look forward to because of a botched installation.

Just how do you expect interns to learn procedures? The intern that are performing this procedures are already doctors, the are just specializing now.

Larry

Return to “Implants”