3 Inches and no change

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MichaelM

Re: 3 Inches and no change

Postby MichaelM » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 am

I just proved my point. I inflated it, said "that seems usable!"
Last edited by MichaelM on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6/2013 DaVinci Radical Prostatectomy sacrificing erectile nerve. 5/16/2017 AMS 700 MS series 15cm (with 4 RTEs) No orgasm unless after extended time. Am now 4.5 inches (after an hour, maybe 5 inches; 5.5 implanted). Lots of hand arthritis. Age 65

Lost Sheep

Re: Overcome

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:11 am

Re-reading your posts, it does seem as if your memory of penile length was from before post-prostatectomy atrophy and shrinkage. What your doctor said about your penis being shrunk such that the implant she used was the most appropriate must be true. Whether that size loss is irrecoverable is open to question, but it will certainly involve discomfort if what I have read in the literature is any guide.

So, at some point the only solution is to accept reality, put your effort into maintaining your relationship with your wife and give up on renewing your relationship with your penis.

If that is your decision, then I hope all here will support you, even if we do not agree that that is what we would do. Only you know your entire situation.

So, I repeat the advice I posted earlier:

If your wife is not willing to accept a smaller penis (even if it works), your relationship can be healthy and strong if you love each other and put your combined happiness above the tragedies of life. Penile sex is great, but it is not the only basis for a satisfying love life.

Lost Sheep wrote:...a tongue tip is a LOT more controllable than a penis tip (try "fluttering" your penis tip like you can with your tongue tip.)

Having said that, yes a 3" penis is a handicap and may render some positions less effective than others, but the fact remains that a stiff 3" is superior to a limp 6".

Still, it is regrettable that the restoration provided by the implant was not 100% successful at restoring MichaelM's full size, for which he (and his Wife) have my sympathy.

I encourage them (and any others so afflicted) to use the relationship they have to improvise and overcome.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:11 am

alibaba wrote:I keep hearing this "over 3500 implants" bally-ed about. I do not know if it was Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid I asked about this one time but whichever told me there were only 4 doctors in the world that have done that many in their life time. The more I get to thinking about it, I think it was Dr. Eid and Perito who had at the time it was stated Kramer was only up to 2700. Perito had done that many. I think these numbers are often inflated hype. Dr. Kramer told me recently his implant career has spanned 15 years. 3500 divided by 15 is 233 implants a year which a few doctors do but very few.

Interesting, That made me think, I asked my doctor how many he does in a year. He does about 120 a year. He said no one does more than Perito at 600 a year. That would be 5 years for him.

So that said, In 2015 there were 53,180 implants procedures performed in the US. if the so call big 3 did 600 implants each that is 1800. who did the other 51,380?
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:14 pm

I think that 53,000 number is exagerated also. Where did it come from? I recently read a paper by the NIH and it said there are 26,000 implants annually in the U.S. That is a very large spread of numbers. I sat here on the couch and calculated the number of $ the implants generated for the manufacturer at $7500 each and the hospitals at the $26,000 rate and the a plucked out of the sky number of $61,000 figuring some have been billed $31,000 and some over $80,000 for an implant just to look at the numbers. I remember the 26,000 well as I used it calculating an number of times.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:30 pm

alibaba wrote:I think that 53,000 number is exagerated also. Where did it come from? I recently read a paper by the NIH and it said there are 26,000 implants annually in the U.S. That is a very large spread of numbers. I sat here on the couch and calculated the number of $ the implants generated for the manufacturer at $7500 each and the hospitals at the $26,000 rate and the a plucked out of the sky number of $61,000 figuring some have been billed $31,000 and some over $80,000 for an implant just to look at the numbers. I remember the 26,000 well as I used it calculating an number of times.

The Journal of Sexually Medicine. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 1/abstract . But even if it is 26,000. Who in the US does the other 24,200?
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 pm

I have no idea but there are supposed to be 11,703 practicing urologists in the United States. http://auanet.mediaroom.com/2015-05-12- ... icleNo=405 I know some do not do surgery from being told that back when I was trying to find one to do an implant on me. I even had an appointment with Dr. Siddiqui at St. Louis School University school of medicine only to be told after months wait for the appointment that he does not do surgery. I also understand Dr. Levine at Rush University in Chicago nolonger does implants. If I could have, I would have put in my own. Does that count?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 pm

alibaba wrote: If I could have, I would have put in my own. Does that count?
I remember a documented case where a doctor performed an appendectomy on himself, although he had an assistant surgeon standing by. Probably safer to just go to Kramer.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:14 pm

I know my limitations. Logistically it would have been to tough to handle. I think my wife told Dr. Kramer that I would have loved to watch or assist but that would have been a distraction. I would have asked 100 questions. Still do for that matter and he has answered every one.

MichaelM

Postby MichaelM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:04 am

I have to apologize to everyone. It seems clear, thanks to Lost Sheep, that I remember my size incorrectly, and I am more upset about my wife. I think I actually am back to the size I could be (based on the last real clue being in 2007) and when I look at it, it looks the same as I last remember. When I measure it, it is about 3 inches. So now you understand why I am not running somewhere to fix this shorter problem: it doesn't matter, and I can't feel anything anyway. I am sorry to have wasted so much of you guys time, but I have learned that my problem is not a 3 inch dick.
Last edited by MichaelM on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6/2013 DaVinci Radical Prostatectomy sacrificing erectile nerve. 5/16/2017 AMS 700 MS series 15cm (with 4 RTEs) No orgasm unless after extended time. Am now 4.5 inches (after an hour, maybe 5 inches; 5.5 implanted). Lots of hand arthritis. Age 65

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:44 am

You are welcome MichaelM, and thanks for the acknowledgement.

I assume you converted to Catholicism did, since you were married in the Church. May I suggest you share with your priest some of what you have shared with us. Priests these days are much more open-minded than you might expect. Since a devout Catholic woman is likely to heed the counsel of her Priest and that he may have good advice for you (and for her).

What I am getting at, is that, since your Wife has followed Church teachings devoutly, she may be amenable to couples counseling sponsored by the Church. Your Priest may have advice particular to your situation we cannot give, since he probably knows some things that we do not know here.

This is a support group. We support each other, and that includes you, and by extension your wife. We want you both to be happy, fulfilled and satisfied.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”