Still trying to adjust to the pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dmikesaw

Re: Still trying to adjust to the pump

Postby dmikesaw » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:21 am

sliphill,

I am coming up on 10 weeks soon..... hopefully the pump will eventuallyget to a better/less painful position, otherwise I will have to get it surgically repositioned, as it is just to painful to tolerate (especially during sex; whenever I am going into a seated position; when I wear underwear or clothes; when I roll over during sleep, etc.

But the biggest concern now is my inability to orgasm - no matter how hard I try (by sex or by masturbation) I just can't do it, as the bottom of my penis is numb, especially near the glans.

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:36 am

Mouseco,

Did you have to pay to have the pump re-positioned or did the surgeon do it for free?

mouseco

Postby mouseco » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 am

Wolfcreek
Standard charges applied. Medicare and my subliment covered the revision. Fortunately, no money out of pocket for me.
Please understand,I don't believe my problem with my pump placement was in any way due to faulty surgery. My implant worked perfectly. It was more of a cosmetic issue for me.
After my first surgery I developed a very large hematoma which put great pressure on the pump and changed its position. I'm not a doctor but I believe long term use of blood thinners caused this to occur. Also, being a diabetic causes healing to be slower than those without.
I wasn't able to pump until week eight because of a slow healing incision.
Personally, I believe ones physiology has much to due with the healing process. For the most part the vast majority of us are 55 plus. We've gone through a lifetime of medical issues.These all play a part in the healing process.
FYI: In my revision Dr Kramer used the pseudo capsule as a collar around the pump at the neck between the bulb and the release button to hold the pump in place. I thought this was a smart move and it seemed to work as my pump is very low and behind the testicles.
I know I answered more than the question you asked but I hope my expierence was helpful to you.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:55 am

dmikesaw wrote:sliphill,

I am coming up on 10 weeks soon..... hopefully the pump will eventuallyget to a better/less painful position, otherwise I will have to get it surgically repositioned, as it is just to painful to tolerate (especially during sex; whenever I am going into a seated position; when I wear underwear or clothes; when I roll over during sleep, etc.

But the biggest concern now is my inability to orgasm - no matter how hard I try (by sex or by masturbation) I just can't do it, as the bottom of my penis is numb, especially near the glans.

Sorry to hear you're having such a shitty time with it bionic brother.

Larry

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 pm

I will give it a few more weeks (I'm out of the country till late August). If the pump still won't drop down I will see my surgeon about getting it moved. But my biggest concern now is numbness/inability to orgasm.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:58 pm

wolfcreek wrote:I will give it a few more weeks (I'm out of the country till late August). If the pump still won't drop down I will see my surgeon about getting it moved. But my biggest concern now is numbness/inability to orgasm.

Wolf, I will pray that the pump drops down brother.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:09 pm

I am really wondering, strictly from the healing perspective, how a pump is expected to drop if the healing process fundamentally is re-vascularization of tissues and encapsulating all foreigners bodies (cylinders, tubing and pump)? I understand that during the healing process it is instructed to pull down the pump so that the encapsulation ensures to keep it down. But after it is already fixed, only tearing it down (under surgery, of course) is the only way to get it moved.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 am

Plumber, what you say makes sense but referring back to my posts forever ago, my AMS pump dropped down slightly at one point despite me pulling like a wrecker on it all the time and then a month or so before my latest implant dropped down in the most ideal position I could have ever asked for. Tubing unwound the loops and it dropped overnight. How? I don't know. A person would think something had to tear and vascular damage would occur causing necrosis and all manners of sweet things but it did not. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:11 am

mouseco wrote:Wolfcreek
Standard charges applied. Medicare and my subliment covered the revision. Fortunately, no money out of pocket for me.
Please understand,I don't believe my problem with my pump placement was in any way due to faulty surgery. My implant worked perfectly. It was more of a cosmetic issue for me.
After my first surgery I developed a very large hematoma which put great pressure on the pump and changed its position. I'm not a doctor but I believe long term use of blood thinners caused this to occur. Also, being a diabetic causes healing to be slower than those without.
I wasn't able to pump until week eight because of a slow healing incision.
Personally, I believe ones physiology has much to due with the healing process. For the most part the vast majority of us are 55 plus. We've gone through a lifetime of medical issues.These all play a part in the healing process.
FYI: In my revision Dr Kramer used the pseudo capsule as a collar around the pump at the neck between the bulb and the release button to hold the pump in place. I thought this was a smart move and it seemed to work as my pump is very low and behind the testicles.
I know I answered more than the question you asked but I hope my expierence was helpful to you.

Mouseco;
You are absolutely correct. I had a heart attack on 1 Dec 2015 and have been on blood thinners ever since. When I had my implant surgery, not only did I have a large hematoma, but my entire pubic region (everything below the belly button) was black and purple. I too, am a type 2 diabetic and therefore this bruising and incision took longer to heal. The biggest piece of advice I can give to diabetics undergoing ANY surgery, is to keep your blood sugar as close to perfect as possible while you are healing. This is NOT the time to cheat on food. If you are going to cheat, at least wait until you are healed. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:17 am

wolfcreek wrote:I will give it a few more weeks (I'm out of the country till late August). If the pump still won't drop down I will see my surgeon about getting it moved. But my biggest concern now is numbness/inability to orgasm.

Wolfcreek, is it that you don't orgasm at all or nothing comes out? It is not uncommon, when we get older, for "dry orgasms" to occur. Reference, The Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/dry- ... m-20050906)

Have a great day :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”