D Day Coming Up...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nudist

Re: D Day Coming Up...

Postby nudist » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:30 pm

I'd be interesting to know what they do in your pre-op testing.

my surgery is scheduled on a friday (in sept) and they told me they would take the catheter and any drains out at my appt the following monday.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:43 pm

DaveKell wrote:Geez I was trying to get my morning workout in at the gym this morning and had to take 2 calls about upcoming procedure. I have pre op testing tomorrow. They told me I would have a catheter in overnight and have to come back next morning after surgery to have it removed. 3 hours of riding time the day after. Nope. I told them I know how to deflate the catheter balloon and take it out myself. The only surprise was being told "Nurse Mary" would do the activation at 6 weeks. Oh well, hopefully she's attractive. Yeah I know, sexist comment. Just seems kind of offputting the first woman to see my new hard dick won't be my wife. Gonna have to resort to a handle of bourbon if this anxiety doesn't abate!

You can likely do the activation yourself as long as you can find the deflate button and can pump. At about 4 weeks I had found everything and was pumping and deflating a couple of times a day. I went in for the official activation at 5 weeks and was told that I could have called and saved a trip.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 pm

I have a return visit to the bionics lab scheduled for August 4. Revision for an implant originally done 11/7/2012. Still nervous for the event. Mainly about whether or not the insurance will cover it now. Did then, but not sure now.

Would have gone for 7/21 if it weren't for insurance concerns. Good luck with D day.

I will follow soon.

David
Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:49 pm

DaveKell wrote:Geez I was trying to get my morning workout in at the gym this morning and had to take 2 calls about upcoming procedure. I have pre op testing tomorrow. They told me I would have a catheter in overnight and have to come back next morning after surgery to have it removed. 3 hours of riding time the day after. Nope. I told them I know how to deflate the catheter balloon and take it out myself. The only surprise was being told "Nurse Mary" would do the activation at 6 weeks. Oh well, hopefully she's attractive. Yeah I know, sexist comment. Just seems kind of off putting the first woman to see my new hard dick won't be my wife. Gonna have to resort to a handle of bourbon if this anxiety doesn't abate!

Dave Mary is a fun gal, she's the one who solved my infection mystery. Listen to EVERYTHING she tells you to do.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 am

My pre op was yesterday. I got the usual medieval torture of the sticks for blood test. I'm a hard stick as they say. On the second try the nurse found the vein after some digging with the needle. After she took it out she apologized profusel because she was supposed to get 2 more vials out! After a missed stick on the other arm I said she needed to get somebody else to do it. I learned that long ago after 18 major surgeries. The next nurse decided to take it from the top of my hand despite my protests. I told her those veins always move to the side. She painlessly nailed one on the first try. Then they did an EKG and ripped off a few patches of chest hair. The usual routine I am very familiar with.

I had a fitful sleep last night. Kept waking with anxiety. It's funny, I've had a 14 inch long incision on my belly opened at least 8 times that never caused the anxiety this 1 inch incision is! I've laid in a hospital bed for 6 months and have gone a full year unable to eat anything with IV nutrition on board. This time I'll go home a few days later but none of that is reassuring right now. My wife is already dreading handling my pain meds because with the other surgeries I demanded them ahead of schedule, and even at that they rarely helped. I've assured her I am steeling myself to tough it out, but to little avail. I tried telling her to look forward to the benefits instead, but again to little avail. After 18 major surgeries, I've put her through the wringer taking care of me. I told her to anticipate how I'm going to be able to take care of HER!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Last post should have read I'll go home a few hours later, not days!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:27 am

I apologize for apparently being the first to be journaling my implant experience before it's even happened! I woke up again at around 4am and immediately the anxiety about this procedure overwhelmed me. I tried reminding myself how calmly I faced my previous 18 major surgeries that didn't ever phase me in the least. No luck. What is it about a 1 inch incision that has me this worked up when I've had a 14 inch one on my belly opened up numerous times with no anxiety beforehand?

I've accepted the realization there is no other hope for me. The morning erections as a result of testosterone therapy gave me hope I was overcoming ED. It wasn't to be. Now I am submitting to a procedure that will guarantee once and for all I will never have a natural hard on again. That is probably bothering me the most. It's like giving up the sum total of what manhood always represented. I've produced 3 incredible offspring who are all now married professional couples with bright, intelligent kids of their own. My dick had a great, rewarding career. I just don't want it to go into retirement yet.

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong? Could it be the anxiety consuming me is actually anticipation of something much better after all these years of celibacy? Nah, I'm flat out scared to death. But I'm doing my best to screw on a different outlook.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:38 am

Dave, hang in there, we're all with you.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 am

Dave, What you are going threw is normal for almost all of us. In a post yesterday, I complained about a guy coming on the implant board telling us how great injections work. What you are going threw is why we don't need anyone coming on here giving false hope, we need positive encouragement. I am a little different then you. I has a RP in February of 2016. After a year there was no hope. You are doing the right thing. The only thing I will tell you and I am now 3 weeks out from my implant. Mentally those first few days for some of us can be tough. You will look at that dick all blue and black and wonder what you have done. I have said it before. Three days out if i could have waved a magic wand, I would have gone back to the week before with no implant. Come here early and offend about concerns, question and support. One last thing there are a 100 different ways to implant someone. if someone's story is different than what your doctor is advising, don't worry about it and think 6 weeks. Some guys are released earlier don't worry. 6 weeks. You will be holding a big dick in your hand

As I am sure you know from your other surgeries the human body takes 100 days to fully recover from any surgery. That is 3 months
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:42 pm

DaveKell wrote:Now I am submitting to a procedure that will guarantee once and for all I will never have a natural hard on again.

Mine feels natural to me, it's always hard whenever I want it to be, it will stay hard as long as I want it to be (even after cumming), and my wife says that it feels natural to her, too. I would certainly rather have all of this with an implant than have a "maybe yes, maybe no, semi is the best I can do" natural dick.

Return to “Implants”