D Day Coming Up...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

D Day Coming Up...

Postby DaveKell » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 am

My Uro's office said they'd be calling me this coming week to schedule implant surgery. It's funny how anxious/nervous I'm feeling already. After having had 18 major surgeries on my abdomen, I've talked to a number of people facing surgery for the first time to calm their fears. I tell them the only thing I fear is the first IV insertion, after that it's a calm walk in the park. I even tell them my favorite request of the anesthesiologist. "Hey, can you shove the plunger in slowly so I can watch the corners of the room bounce before going out?". It's true. The last 10 or so surgeries caused me no anxiety at all. Fun and games mostly. But now we're talking my dick! And the fact that I'll never have a natural hard on again, even though they aren't sufficient to use, but still happen every morning.

Like all guys, I liked the feeling of my dick being hard naturally. The slight throbbing feeling when you were aroused. Now I'm thinking the feeling of being aroused will only be in my head, the one on top of my shoulders. No more throbbing desire. But hey, I'm ready to be able to get the job done to full satisfactory completion again after a 20 year dead dick. The upcoming golden years should be a veritable fuck fest!!!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Donnie1954

Re: D Day Coming Up...

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:34 am

Dave,
I've been implanted 9 months and my dick still throbs. As far as that morning wood. I wake up pump up lay back and admire the view. A stiff hard pussy pounding dick anytime!
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:47 am

Dave, I was the same way. I had 4 surgeries before this. Even my prostratetomy was a walk in the park. I was very nervous about my implant 2 weeks ago. You will be fine. As you said the worst thing is the first IV going in. I will tell you and have heard others say that a few days after you may get a little depress and say to your self "what in the he'll did I do to my self" hang in there and come here for support.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Well, I got approved and scheduled for August 2nd. Apprehension... it's finally going to happen. Then a half hour later another call... would I like to be scheduled for a cancellation on July 18th? Okay let's do it. Now it's full blown anxiety. The other 18 surgeries that were a walk in the park went out the window! All the thoughts, "if they screw it up my dick stands no chance of EVER working again... I've gone this long without sex, what's the rest of my life?". To hell with it. I'm in. My doc heard my expectations in no uncertain terms and he routinely makes the list of top 100 docs in Texas. Maybe it will be his finest hour.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 pm

DaveKell wrote:Well, I got approved and scheduled for August 2nd. Apprehension... it's finally going to happen. Then a half hour later another call... would I like to be scheduled for a cancellation on July 18th? Okay let's do it. Now it's full blown anxiety. The other 18 surgeries that were a walk in the park went out the window! All the thoughts, "if they screw it up my dick stands no chance of EVER working again... I've gone this long without sex, what's the rest of my life?". To hell with it. I'm in. My doc heard my expectations in no uncertain terms and he routinely makes the list of top 100 docs in Texas. Maybe it will be his finest hour.

Damn Dave, this is exactly the way I was thinking. I went in for consultation, and did not know if my insurance would cover it. So I get a call a few days later, and the nurse said your scheduled in 3 weeks. I'm like holy chit, I'm not ready this soon. I had read about negative stuff which didn't help, but I went ahead with it and I'm glad I did. He sounds like a great doctor, and your going to be fine.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:24 pm

sliphill wrote:
DaveKell wrote:Well, I got approved and scheduled for August 2nd. Apprehension... it's finally going to happen. Then a half hour later another call... would I like to be scheduled for a cancellation on July 18th? Okay let's do it. Now it's full blown anxiety. The other 18 surgeries that were a walk in the park went out the window! All the thoughts, "if they screw it up my dick stands no chance of EVER working again... I've gone this long without sex, what's the rest of my life?". To hell with it. I'm in. My doc heard my expectations in no uncertain terms and he routinely makes the list of top 100 docs in Texas. Maybe it will be his finest hour.

Damn Dave, this is exactly the way I was thinking. I went in for consultation, and did not know if my insurance would cover it. So I get a call a few days later, and the nurse said your scheduled in 3 weeks. I'm like holy chit, I'm not ready this soon. I had read about negative stuff which didn't help, but I went ahead with it and I'm glad I did. He sounds like a great doctor, and your going to be fine.

I am with you two. I was scheduled for July 20th. Doctors office called me back and wanted to know if I could be moved up to June the 25th. After i said yes I was like man that is only 10 days. LOL I think I drank a bottle of wine that night
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Mastercard

Postby Mastercard » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Dave
Good luck on your new date radioradio and I will not let the Aug. 2nd date go to waste we are both scheduled for Aug 2. Maybe Tybeeman will let me have a bottle of his wine
Because I have some of the same feelings you guys had. I was the opposite when I got my date I called trying to get an earlier date to get it over with. They would be less time thinking about it.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Dave,

Ditto. I think I'm most nervous about the recovery discomfort/pain. I am a wuss.

MasterCard and I will be back to back implants for Dr. Kramer on the second of August. I share your anxiety, but screw it, let's all get this done! (And then we can all screw it again.)

Best to you.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:32 am

DaveKell wrote:My Uro's office said they'd be calling me this coming week to schedule implant surgery. It's funny how anxious/nervous I'm feeling already. After having had 18 major surgeries on my abdomen, I've talked to a number of people facing surgery for the first time to calm their fears. I tell them the only thing I fear is the first IV insertion, after that it's a calm walk in the park. I even tell them my favorite request of the anesthesiologist. "Hey, can you shove the plunger in slowly so I can watch the corners of the room bounce before going out?". It's true. The last 10 or so surgeries caused me no anxiety at all. Fun and games mostly. But now we're talking my dick! And the fact that I'll never have a natural hard on again, even though they aren't sufficient to use, but still happen every morning.

Like all guys, I liked the feeling of my dick being hard naturally. The slight throbbing feeling when you were aroused. Now I'm thinking the feeling of being aroused will only be in my head, the one on top of my shoulders. No more throbbing desire. But hey, I'm ready to be able to get the job done to full satisfactory completion again after a 20 year dead dick. The upcoming golden years should be a veritable fuck fest!!!

Best wishes Dave !
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:50 am

Geez I was trying to get my morning workout in at the gym this morning and had to take 2 calls about upcoming procedure. I have pre op testing tomorrow. They told me I would have a catheter in overnight and have to come back next morning after surgery to have it removed. 3 hours of riding time the day after. Nope. I told them I know how to deflate the catheter balloon and take it out myself. The only surprise was being told "Nurse Mary" would do the activation at 6 weeks. Oh well, hopefully she's attractive. Yeah I know, sexist comment. Just seems kind of offputting the first woman to see my new hard dick won't be my wife. Gonna have to resort to a handle of bourbon if this anxiety doesn't abate!

Return to “Implants”