Activation and Cycling of Coloplast

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tybeeman

Activation and Cycling of Coloplast

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:54 am

I have read several posts about the early difficult with activation and cycling. Can’t find it the relief valve. Too high and too hard to pump because of pain. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday to start the cycling. My question is, has anyone every took their wife or partner with them to learn it also. I am 4 hours away from my surgeon, it sure would be nice to have both of us with some knowledge of finding everything, in the case of a problem there would be 2 of us to trouble shoot it. My wife has no problem with going.

From someone that said, “Hell No” to all this a year ago, she sure has been supportive. Yeah, I have a good one.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

cincinnatus1951

Re: Activation and Cycling of Coloplast

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am

Tybeeman: I took my wife to almost all my appointments. I recommend it. She was supportive from the beginning and it helped her to know what was going on. I think initially, you'll probably want to inflate/deflate yourself. There is a definite learning curve to the process. For me, the key was allowing the internal swelling to reduce so the pump could move around freely in the scrotum.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Tenk11

Postby Tenk11 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:40 am

Tybeeman wrote:I have read several posts about the early difficult with activation and cycling. Can’t find it the relief valve. Too high and too hard to pump because of pain. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday to start the cycling. My question is, has anyone every took their wife or partner with them to learn it also. I am 4 hours away from my surgeon, it sure would be nice to have both of us with some knowledge of finding everything, in the case of a problem there would be 2 of us to trouble shoot it. My wife has no problem with going.

From someone that said, “Hell No” to all this a year ago, she sure has been supportive. Yeah, I have a good one.

Activation two weeks after surgery? That sounds painful. I would bring the wife. Just don't expect it to be easy or even look right for a bit. My experience, at least.
36 years old. Coloplast Titan OTR implanted on 6/1/2017 infrapubically. 20 cm cylinders (no rear tip extenders) with a 125 ml reservoir. So far so good!

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 am

Tenk11 wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:I have read several posts about the early difficult with activation and cycling. Can’t find it the relief valve. Too high and too hard to pump because of pain. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday to start the cycling. My question is, has anyone every took their wife or partner with them to learn it also. I am 4 hours away from my surgeon, it sure would be nice to have both of us with some knowledge of finding everything, in the case of a problem there would be 2 of us to trouble shoot it. My wife has no problem with going.

Activation two weeks after surgery? That sounds painful. I would bring the wife. Just don't expect it to be easy or even look right for a bit. My experience, at least.

Tenk11, I know I read so many things on here. It is amazing that these doctors do think so differently. Even the 3 everyone on here thinks are the best are totally different. Even my doctor did something I have never read and left my drain in for 48 hours. I go almost no swelling because of it. I am sure there is inside swelling I cant see.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:04 am

Sounds like a good idea.... good luck with your visit with Dr. Hakky

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:18 am

Cincinatus is spot on.
At 150 days i can tell you that so many worries and questions are taken care of by time.
I don't even remember how much swelling I had. You will be able to depress the deflate button with absolute ease because you will be cycling twice a day on top of servicing your lady...quite likely from week 6 onwards.
It just gets better and better!
Here are 3 pics of my machine.... 1 pre op and 2 x 150 days post op
6" flaccid, a couple of mm under 7" inflated and just under 6" in girth
Twice daily inflation to the point of pain for 20 mins each time. My girth has definitely increased over the last month thru cycling
Attachments
image.jpeg
Before surgery flaccid
image.jpeg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
image.jpeg
Inflated <7"
image.jpeg (188.1 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
image.jpeg
Flaccid 6"
image.jpeg (117.7 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:03 am

I was activated by Dr. Eid 2 weeks post surgery and began cycling myself at week 3......yes, it hurt but that gradually tapered down and then off.....I had my first sex on week 5.....yes, it was difficult at first to inflate and even more difficult to deflate, but after enough times it became easier and now I can use either hand without problem......I'm 6 months post surgery......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:01 am

Xomanow wrote:I was activated by Dr. Eid 2 weeks post surgery and began cycling myself at week 3......yes, it hurt but that gradually tapered down and then off.....I had my first sex on week 5.....yes, it was difficult at first to inflate and even more difficult to deflate, but after enough times it became easier and now I can use either hand without problem......I'm 6 months post surgery......

Still cycling twice a day I hope :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”