Do you lose size each revision?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
25yearsold

Re: Do you lose size each revision?

Postby 25yearsold » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:20 am

Thank you all for your answers. I understand that surgeon will insert a bigger implant in revision operation. But does that always mean you keep your size after surgery? I thought you lose size every revision because of the scar tissue, atrophy etc. even surgeoun placed a bigger implant. Could anyone else confirm opposite who had multiple implants so far?

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:35 am

25yearsold wrote:Thank you all for your answers. I understand that surgeon will insert a bigger implant in revision operation. But does that always mean you keep your size after surgery? I thought you lose size every revision because of the scar tissue, atrophy etc. even surgeoun placed a bigger implant. Could anyone else confirm opposite who had multiple implants so far?

Not necessarily, some people on here have not only NOT lost length but actually gained a little. Every person is different. When you are cycling, you have to pump it up, even if it hurts a little. A little pain for a lotta gain..

Larry

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:17 am

I lost well over an inch of length first time (LGX) and another inch second time (CX). Lost quite a bit of girth first time but lost no more girth second time. Lost sensitivity both times (it returned eventually first time but hasn't returned this time.... hopefully it will).

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:36 am

wolfcreek wrote:I lost well over an inch of length first time (LGX) and another inch second time (CX). Lost quite a bit of girth first time but lost no more girth second time. Lost sensitivity both times (it returned eventually first time but hasn't returned this time.... hopefully it will).

Were you doing the cycling exercises as directed by your doctor?

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:00 am

I did the pump for a year every day before my implant which I can say helped me a lot but I had a prostatectomy 18 months ago. I told my doctor I guess I can get rid of my pump, it is a medical grade and cost me $500. He told me to hold on to it because if I needed an revision he thinks it helps to use it between the failure and revision.

The more i read read and I am about to start. It is all about how aggressive you get with cycling. And how long you continue to cycle. I think if you read The Reverend Donnie Bryan`s post he is prof that you need to get into a stretching routine.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:55 am

Tybeeman wrote:And how long you continue to cycle.

That was what was key for me. It takes time; you cannot simply wiggle your nose (Bewitched for us Boomers) and have it all done. :)

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:08 pm

DaveET1 wrote:Look, the days of lost length are pretty much over, as long as you choose your surgeon very carefully. There is no real reason for lost length, because it depends on how the surgeon sizes the implant while he has you on the table. If he's good, you're good.

I had Dr. Caesar put a Coloplast Titen Touch in me in 2/17, and I lost not a mm of length.

I tend to think the extent you can keep it pumped up during healing also helps maintain size. I lost with first implant. Bad doctor choice who I now know had a track record of lost size. Gained with second implant. Find a doctor who gives a damn.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:18 am

My revision (a CX) is an inch shorter than my original implant (an LGX) even though the revision has cylinders/RTEs that are about 3 cm longer than the original implant was. The surgeon told me that revisions generally will accept longer cylinders/RTEs than were originally implanted.

He also told me that the old implant forms a capsule over time, and that the new implant will not expand beyond the size of the capsule.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:55 am

Tybeeman wrote:I did the pump for a year every day before my implant which I can say helped me a lot but I had a prostatectomy 18 months ago. I told my doctor I guess I can get rid of my pump, it is a medical grade and cost me $500. He told me to hold on to it because if I needed an revision he thinks it helps to use it between the failure and revision.

The more i read read and I am about to start. It is all about how aggressive you get with cycling. And how long you continue to cycle. I think if you read The Reverend Donnie Bryan`s post he is prof that you need to get into a stretching routine.

When my doctor suggested I get a vacuum, he didn't specify which kind so I got one from a sex shop. What are the differences between mine and yours? Here is mine

https://www.arentwenaughty.com/sex-toys ... p692-a0-s0

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:58 am

alibaba wrote:
DaveET1 wrote:Look, the days of lost length are pretty much over, as long as you choose your surgeon very carefully. There is no real reason for lost length, because it depends on how the surgeon sizes the implant while he has you on the table. If he's good, you're good.

I had Dr. Caesar put a Coloplast Titen Touch in me in 2/17, and I lost not a mm of length.

I tend to think the extent you can keep it pumped up during healing also helps maintain size. I lost with first implant. Bad doctor choice who I now know had a track record of lost size. Gained with second implant. Find a doctor who gives a damn.

Yup, what you are referring to is called "atrophy". Basically if you leave something in place long enough, it shrinks to that size. So by keeping it pumped up or being diligent with cycling exercises, will decrease that possibility.

Larry

Return to “Implants”