VED Pumping after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sliphill

Re: VED Pumping after surgery

Postby sliphill » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Honestly, why not use the pump of the implant. I dont see a need for a VED pump.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:01 am

sliphill wrote:Honestly, why not use the pump of the implant. I dont see a need for a VED pump.

My reasoning on this very narrow question is this: A very small vacuum assist might make less pressure required on the pump in the scrotum. So, why not indeed?

Here's why not: Suction on the outside of the penis will tend to pull your flesh away from the implant. A cavity between the outside of the implant and the surrounding tissues will fill with bodily fluid, blood, lymph, whatever. This pooling (like a blister inside you) can become infected or coagulate or I don't know what all. Could be very bad news. Look up the word "abcess".

I thought of the same question a few months ago when I read that pumping up on a tender scrotum can make early activation problematic and reasoned from a purely hydraulic standpoint that it seems reasonable. But not knowing that dire consequences are or are not likely gives me caution.

And my V.E.D. does not have a pressure gauge.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
sliphill wrote:Honestly, why not use the pump of the implant. I dont see a need for a VED pump.

My reasoning on this very narrow question is this: A very small vacuum assist might make less pressure required on the pump in the scrotum. So, why not indeed?

Here's why not: Suction on the outside of the penis will tend to pull your flesh away from the implant. A cavity between the outside of the implant and the surrounding tissues will fill with bodily fluid, blood, lymph, whatever. This pooling (like a blister inside you) can become infected or coagulate or I don't know what all. Could be very bad news. Look up the word "abcess".

I thought of the same question a few months ago when I read that pumping up on a tender scrotum can make early activation problematic and reasoned from a purely hydraulic standpoint that it seems reasonable. But not knowing that dire consequences are or are not likely gives me caution.

And my V.E.D. does not have a pressure gauge.

Where did you get all this from? And why am I under the impression posts of mine got deleted here?

Return to “Implants”