Date with Dr. Kramer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ThePlumber1964

Re: Date with Dr. Kramer

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Make a list of ALL questions and doubts you have. It is better to leave the office without any major concern clarified. Also, if you go with your mind opened up to hear and learn, as said here before, he will make you feel at ease.

Try your best not to be nervous. Anxiety is your worst enemy; you will forget things and will block your mind. This is your time to be in front of a world-class surgeon, but he is so down to earth that you will feel that you can be as open as you would be with a good friend.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

WOODYHAPPEN

Postby WOODYHAPPEN » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I have met with Dr. Kramer and he has the best outlook and bedside manner of any Dr. I have ever had contact with. Hoping that tomorrow at this time I'll be on my way home to Southern Pa. with the boys on ice :
not shaken. lol
RP surgery resulting in ed. Penile implant 4\19\17 by Dr. Kramer. 21cm. +2cm. rte.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:11 pm

WOODYHAPPEN wrote:I have met with Dr. Kramer and he has the best outlook and bedside manner of any Dr. I have ever had contact with. Hoping that tomorrow at this time I'll be on my way home to Southern Pa. with the boys on ice :
not shaken. lol

Sad to say but doctors like him are rare in urologists. I talked to a hospital physician manager a year ago that told me urologists were his biggest pain and smoothing things over with patients occupied more of his time than all the rest of the doctor professions combined. Dr. Kramer is a gem in customer service. Cheers man, wishing you the best.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:31 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Hey Woodyhappen,

I am planning to respond to your questions tomorrow, but I just want to let you know that if you are not local (Baltimore or surrounding areas), you should plan to stay and not have any long trip.

Will reply you tomorrow!

I have a choice between a local surgeon with 5% to 10% the experience of Dr Kramer and being at home or Dr Kramer at the Baltimore VA Hospital and a 13 hour plane ride back to Alaska.

Any advice for me?

Lots of work to get everything lined up in Baltimore. Much less red tape to go local.

I have no particular complicating factors (like fibrosis, etc). I do have Diabetes, venous leakage, apparantly. 68 years old.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Play the odds. Likelihood of problems with Dr Kramer is minimal; with your local doc completely unknown. For a decision this important I'd go with the (practically) sure thing, but I live only about 25 minutes from his place of business.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:,,,Dr Kramer at the Baltimore VA Hospital...

I don't think that Dr. Kramer is at the Baltimore VA Hospital. I think he's at the University of Maryland Medical Center, located in Baltimore.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm

David_R wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:,,,Dr Kramer at the Baltimore VA Hospital...

I don't think that Dr. Kramer is at the Baltimore VA Hospital. I think he's at the University of Maryland Medical Center, located in Baltimore.

Dr Kramer (and, incidentally, Dr Eid, also) is in the Veteran's Administration System. Dr Kramer does implant surgeries at both University of Maryland Hospital and the Maryland VA Hospital in Baltimore.

That he does surgeries at the VA made the decision to go with Dr K easier for me.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

IJN1324

Postby IJN1324 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm

WOODYHAPPEN wrote:I have met with Dr. Kramer and he has the best outlook and bedside manner of any Dr. I have ever had contact with. Hoping that tomorrow at this time I'll be on my way home to Southern Pa. with the boys on ice :
not shaken. lol

i had my surgery wit Dr. Kramer last Wednesday. He is the nicest and most knowledgable Dr. I have ever met. I am still sore, but I have noticed a difference in girt and even general outlook of my "friend" I am very pleased
700 LGX 21+2 Kramer 4.12.17

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm

not shaken. lol

Oh, I thought that you were having the pre op appointment only. I would strongly recommend to stay in the Baltimore area until Saturday. He will visit you at the hotel most likely Friday. These are my recommendations:

1. The instructions to be resting flat for minimum 3 days are to be followed; this is not optional and has a good rationale that will help you to avoid swelling.

2. If you can take ibuprofen, ask him a prescription for the 800mg. Be religious on taking them as indicated. They will help you not just with the pain, but to avoid inflammation. And if you can avoid or minimize the Oxy, you will be better off. The constipation it can create is not worth it.

3. Use the ice as he indicates (no more than 15 minutes per hour). Do not overuse it since after 2-3 days it is not as effective for the swelling; at that point is only for comfort. Ibuprofen can provide better inflation control if you can take it.

4. Create a towel "hammock" to provide scrotal support. You will need it

5. Only use the athletic supporter for no more than 2-3 days. If you use it for a prolonged time, the pump can be pushed up, and get inverted. Someone had this situation reported. I talked to Kramer before the surgery, and he wanted me to use it only one day.

6. Get you a good underwear that can provide the support you will need after the resting time. I bought this separate pouches underwear (David Archy Men's Micro Modal Separate Pouch) (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CB77S6Y/ref ...
The good thing about this design is that it provides comfortable scrotal support without feeling strangled, and you can open the front part and leave the shaft loose as needed, when needed.

7. Reach to Kramer if you are experiencing something out of the ordinary. Also, reach your bionic brothers; we are here to help.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote:Hey Woodyhappen,

I am planning to respond to your questions tomorrow, but I just want to let you know that if you are not local (Baltimore or surrounding areas), you should plan to stay and not have any long trip.

Will reply you tomorrow!

I have a choice between a local surgeon with 5% to 10% the experience of Dr Kramer and being at home or Dr Kramer at the Baltimore VA Hospital and a 13 hour plane ride back to Alaska.

Any advice for me?

Lots of work to get everything lined up in Baltimore. Much less red tape to go local.

I have no particular complicating factors (like fibrosis, etc). I do have Diabetes, venous leakage, apparantly. 68 years old.

With all the research you appear to have done already, I think the answer as to whether you should see Dr. Kramer or stay with a local surgeon w/ far less experience is pretty clear. I'd plan on staying in Baltimore a couple of extra days so that your long plane ride back to AK won't be as much of an ordeal...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Return to “Implants”