Implant maybe in my future.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aa2120

Implant maybe in my future.

Postby aa2120 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I have been lurking here ever since my RALP in Oct, 09. I have learned a lot and want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences. After having an ultrasound, I found out that I have venous leak. It did not come as a surprise, but as the PA said, that leaves you with either the VED pump or an implant. The pump does work for me, but I hate it. It does not help intimacy to take a break to get old willie pump up and then have a limit on time. The rings also get uncomfortable. So sex has become very occasional. An implant does sound like a good solution. My concerns are those that have been discussed here. Size..will I be big enough to make sex work (friction), will I be able to avoid leaking urine during sex, will I have any long term discomfort..like having an extra ball in the scrotum, at age 71 is it worth it. The PA said the dr would probably use an AMS LGX.
The doctor that would be doing the surgery is Dr. Brandt at Metro Urology in Woodbury, MN...Does anyone have any experience with him.???He does at least 12 implants a month.
Do you think I could go snowmobiling 4 weeks after surgery? Just thinking about possible times for surgery.
Any other thoughts on this difficult decision would be appreciated.

PS Both Titan and AMS are here in the Twin Cities...the shipping costs will be low...

Ricky
72 years young. RALP on 10/2009. Some ED before surgery. Complete ED after. Pills and injections don't work. Pump works, but hate it. Diagnosed with venous leak. Don't like giving up things of my youth so going for implant.

Return to “Implants”