Dr. Eid on RTEs (tip extenders)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
strongagain

Dr. Eid on RTEs (tip extenders)

Postby strongagain » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:03 am

I'm extremely happy with my Titan but I dislike the erection angle, mine points to 4 o'clock. Well, I contacted Dr. Eid and here is his response:

The inflatable penile prosthesis cylinder has a 5cm solid thin non inflatable portion at the rear and an inflatable anterior portion which for a 22cm cylinder measures 17cm (17cm +5cm=22cm). If you add a 3cm rear tip extender, then you now have a total of 8cm that does not inflate. In addition the unstable hinge like junction between the inflatable 17cm portion and the 5cm solid rear is advanced forward away from the pelvis by the 3cm rear tip extenders. This affects negatively the quality of the erection. As a result the erection will be very mobile, may wobble and will point downward when inflated. A better choice of cylinder would have been a 26cm and removing one cm from the rear. This would have increased the ratio of the live inflatable portion over the total cylinder size. This would have increased the inflatable portion from 17cm to 21cm, diminished the thin solid rear by 1cm to 4cm from 5cm and would have relocated the unstable junction of the inflatable moiety with the solid rear, deeper inside your pelvis.
Last edited by strongagain on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

JayGould

Re: Dr. Eid on RTEs (tip extenders)

Postby JayGould » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:32 pm

What does pointing to 4 o'clock mean?

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:54 pm

JayGould wrote:What does pointing to 4 o'clock mean?

Like the position of the hands on a clock. 3 o'clock would equal pointing straight out at a 90-degree angle. I'm able to get to maybe 3:30 when pumped & standing, but generally at 4 o'clock...straight-up 3 'o'clock when lying down. I'm extremely happy with my AMS LGX700...gets rock-hard, have gained both length & girth, no wobble as described by Dr. Eid. If he's correct, the 4 o'clock angle is due to my 3cm RTE's
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 pm

I did not know it was possible to trim the solid portion on the cylinders. I did know they used to trim rigid implants and tip extenders years ago. Interesting post.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 pm

The debate is pretty moot now. I can tell you, The couple guys here are telling guys that he's the master of not using reartips. But I got to tell you, if you ever look into Kramer's M.O, it's always be the "right thing", morally, legally, technically is pretty much what you'll find. I don't know whether he's too into reartips, doesn't use enough reartips, or whatever, just saying he'll always calculate what's right and follow it to the letter. But the trimming off of proximal tips of a device done by your hero Eid ended up in him being sued into the stone age for patients with incredible pain from sharp edges digging into their groins. Didn't end well, just a guess. Val Pinto

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 am

All I wanted was to, as always, try to look beyond the praise and the thrashing and be as objective as the information on this site allows.
In this case the question was on RTEs and who uses them more and who uses them less. I looked at what people have posted here, and it showed a difference. That's all.
I know for a fact from all the PMs I get that a lot of people appreciate my desire to post facts, and my ambition to completely reveal myself, my dick, my sex-life with my wife, and my (and hers) feelings.

I have, as you may know if you have bothered to read my thread, tried to document everything, good and bad, about my whole experience. I have posted pictures, I have detailed described everything, even my wife's experience. I have spent hours, and hours and more hours on really trying to help people by sharing everything I can in the most objective way I can.

I ran a check on all your posts. In terms of what value you have created here on this forum for people looking for trying to understand what it means to go through an implant surgery - well, you haven't brought much to the table.

Regarding the Panhead/Boulder story (he is the same guy): You are not describing his story very well when you say Eid destroyed him. If you mention this in a thread discussing Kramer and Eid, you should balance the picture. Here is a quote from Boulder/Panhead about his surgery with Kramer (yes, he had surgery with both Eid and Kramer. And by Cornell. He had, according to his posts, bad pain from all three, but worst pain was from his surgery with Kramer. Then Carrion fixed him):
"Correction, I never said Kramer put "perfect" cylinders in. His surgery was the most painful of them all and I lived with horrific pain for over a year. I also never said I "hate" anyone. Disappointed yes, hate never. I think all of them did what they thought was best."
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6760&p=45190&hilit=panhead#p45190

This guy is one case. Eid's and Kramer's failure with this guy doesn't make anyone of them a bad doctor. It just shows that even the best can fail occasionally. Which we all knew already they could.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:29 am

ccrider wrote:
JayGould wrote:What does pointing to 4 o'clock mean?

Like the position of the hands on a clock. 3 o'clock would equal pointing straight out at a 90-degree angle. I'm able to get to maybe 3:30 when pumped & standing, but generally at 4 o'clock...straight-up 3 'o'clock when lying down. I'm extremely happy with my AMS LGX700...gets rock-hard, have gained both length & girth, no wobble as described by Dr. Eid. If he's correct, the 4 o'clock angle is due to my 3cm RTE's

Update: with further cycling/pumping to the rock-hard max, I'm now achieving an angle just shy of straight-out 3 o'clock...straight enough to hang a towel on...mission accomplished...!
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:45 am

I am able to hold a dry beach towel up with my 22CM titan (no RTE) which points at three oclock without the towel, and four oclock with the towel.

There was a nice presentation on "deflection" of penis based on data obtained by a device which accurately measured deflection on a engineered model which simulated a penis and crus.

The reference for this scientific talk was from a presentation at the "sexual Medicine Society" presentation in 2016 in Scottsdale .

The talk title (Data presented by Dr Eid, who was the lead investigator) was:

"Use of Rear Tip Extenders Results in Greater Penile Prosthesis Cylinder Deflection" Eid, Jf , et al 2016 SMSNA meeting.

You can find the slides from the talk at the following Site:
http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/presentations/206.pdf
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:50 am

You should really review all the slides, but just in case, here are a few screen shots from the presentation by Dr Eid:

1.jpg
1.jpg (114.3 KiB) Viewed 3211 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (52.4 KiB) Viewed 3211 times

3.jpg
3.jpg (162.86 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:50 am

4.jpg
4.jpg (215.66 KiB) Viewed 3211 times

Return to “Implants”