"Blasting through" the coffin/capsule scar tissue?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: "Blasting through" the coffin/capsule scar tissue?

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:36 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:Not thinner. Shorter. The scar tissue prevents the affected section of the Tunica from stretching. When an erection happens naturally, the side with the scar tissue doesn't expand to its full length, while the side without scar tissue does. That's what causes the bend. A surgical method of treating Peyronie's is to stitch the unaffected side so that it expands to the same length as the scarred side. The penis is straight, but shorter.

With the implant, the cylinders are going to expand to roughly the same length.

This is a lay opinion based on my reading. You may have information that contradicts mine, which would be good news for many Peyronie's sufferers and their partners.

Only if the scarred tunica is compelled (or permitted) to expand to match the unscarred side (by aggressive cycling in the one case or by surgical relief cuts in the other).

What do you think?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:57 pm

alibaba wrote:
JayGould wrote:
Well for me the scar tissue hinders the left side of my penis in expanding in width as well, resulting in both a loss of length and girth.

I think that is a good description. I had a bit of an hour glass taper in the bends of my last implant.

Was it fixed with your new implant or how does it look now?

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
DonBecker54 wrote:Not thinner. Shorter. The scar tissue prevents the affected section of the Tunica from stretching. When an erection happens naturally, the side with the scar tissue doesn't expand to its full length, while the side without scar tissue does. That's what causes the bend. A surgical method of treating Peyronie's is to stitch the unaffected side so that it expands to the same length as the scarred side. The penis is straight, but shorter.

This is a lay opinion based on my reading. You may have information that contradicts mine, which would be good news for many Peyronie's sufferers and their partners.

Only if the scarred tunica is compelled (or permitted) to expand to match the unscarred side (by aggressive cycling in the one case or by surgical relief cuts in the other).

What do you think?

That you're saying that my (admittedly) lay opinion would be good news fo Peyronies sufferers makes me wonder if I was clear. I'm saying that the scarred tunica dictates the erect size of the implant, as it can only become as long as the scarring will allow, and the unscarred side can likewise only be that long. From what I've read, the amount of length to be gained from surgical relief cuts is minimal.

I hope I'm wrong.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:46 am

JayGould wrote:
Was it fixed with your new implant or how does it look now?

He couldn't get it all out but most. Well enough to be happy with it. It would have taken some major surgery of a couple more hours to get it 100% out. In time pumping it up may get the rest but that is a time will tell deal.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:30 am

DonBecker54 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

What do you think?

That you're saying that my (admittedly) lay opinion would be good news fo Peyronies sufferers makes me wonder if I was clear. I'm saying that the scarred tunica dictates the erect size of the implant, as it can only become as long as the scarring will allow, and the unscarred side can likewise only be that long. From what I've read, the amount of length to be gained from surgical relief cuts is minimal.

I hope I'm wrong.

I wish I had reliable information that would qualify as good news for you, but the focus of my research has not been with regard to Peyronie's. I suspect that the amount of Peyronie's scarring, shortening or elasticity loss depends on the cause of the Peyronie's, and how much time has gone by. I also suspect how much relief can be provided by implant or other surgeries is affected by the same factors.

There may be more ways to relieve the scarring than just stretching (slow or fast) or surgery. I hope for your sake there is.

To force the healthy side of one's penis to acquiesce to the damaged side just seems wrong, and medical science has GOT to be working on better solutions
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 am

Lost Sheep, this is something I asked about prior to my implant. Of course, the doctor I was talking to was Milam.

In my quest to regain lost length, I explored the topic of surgical incisions in the tunica to allow for more expansion of length. I was thinking that, if the tunica could be lengthened by incisions, there was theoretically no limit as to how long the penis could become. I found that the incisions added just small fractions of inches, and were used to remove scar tissue or help reduce the size restriction caused by the scar tissue.

Forcing the healthy side to acquiesce is just reality. Since the cylinders work in tandem, one is not going to expand further than the other (or at least I've never heard of it).

Dr. Eid said that he would be able to remove any scar tissue that was within reach when doing a revision. Removing scar tissue that is further forward would require major surgery on the penis that most patients would not want to undergo.

As far as different causes of Peyronie's, I don't think it matters. The result is scar tissue.

I hope I'm wrong about all of this, and I come out of revision surgery with a much larger penis than the 5 1/2" that Eid thinks he can get. I doubt it, though
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

softtohard

Postby softtohard » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:26 pm

alibaba wrote:
JayGould wrote:
Well for me the scar tissue hinders the left side of my penis in expanding in width as well, resulting in both a loss of length and girth.

I think that is a good description. I had a bit of an hour glass taper in the bends of my last implant.

How did tou get rid of the hour glass with your new implant?
ED since 22 years old now 36 years old. 18/July/2019, Coloplast 22 cm Dr Eid New York.
From Sweden, Stockholm, Girlfriend

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:34 pm

Big honkin implant to replace that skinny AMS and a doctor who picked up his tools from the workbench. Really I think it was the stronger Titan and it's larger size. Several doctors told me the first implant was wrong for me though I was originally convinced here that it was right. When Doctor Rybak in Belleville, Illinois put an AMS LGX like I had and a Titan side by side, then demonstrated them and let us check them out, it was obvious. I think the softer silicone LGX plain old conforms to the pinch in the hourglass if it can find any other area that takes fewer pounds per square inch to expand. I also had a tapered dick like a carrot with that thing. I NEVER had a tapered dick before the implant.
Attachments
Titan vs AMS.jpg
Titan vs AMS.jpg (53.56 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

softtohard

Postby softtohard » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:20 am

alibaba wrote:Big honkin implant to replace that skinny AMS and a doctor who picked up his tools from the workbench. Really I think it was the stronger Titan and it's larger size. Several doctors told me the first implant was wrong for me though I was originally convinced here that it was right. When Doctor Rybak in Belleville, Illinois put an AMS LGX like I had and a Titan side by side, then demonstrated them and let us check them out, it was obvious. I think the softer silicone LGX plain old conforms to the pinch in the hourglass if it can find any other area that takes fewer pounds per square inch to expand. I also had a tapered dick like a carrot with that thing. I NEVER had a tapered dick before the implant.

I did not have visible scartissue that gave me hour glass effect on my erect penis.
I did know that I did have some scartissue in my left tip as I could feel a lump there.
Dr Eid Said he was surprised about my tough scartissue on my left side and he had to fight a little bit to get it in place. Now when cycling I have a pretty bad hour glass effect on my left side with Coloplast titan.
That surprised both me and the doctor.

Not so mutch so that you will see it right away but you can def feel it when stroking the dick and feeling it.
It just became quite thin at the top and wider at the base.

Du you believe I might have a chance to regain some girth where the scartissue is?
I´m afraid the aggressive pumping will only push the healthy more easy expandable parts and create bigger difference between the thinner unhealthy parts.

Do you still have the tapered dick with your new titan?
ED since 22 years old now 36 years old. 18/July/2019, Coloplast 22 cm Dr Eid New York.
From Sweden, Stockholm, Girlfriend

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm

I think you should with inflating to the max. I am losing strength in my hands so I flop my ball sack onto a wash cloth or t shirt on the vanity and push down on the pump bulb with my thumbs. Amazing how much more pressure can be applied that way and how many more pumps. When pumping to stretch, you have to have enough pressure to offset the resistance tension of the scar tissue.

Return to “Implants”