QA on aging implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Funny9097

QA on aging implants

Postby Funny9097 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:54 am

Hey all-

I asked this question but I think I could have done a better job so will rephrase:

Do implants age over time - For example if you have a 10 year implant will it work just as well as it did at 12 months?

Specifically, if it does not break and require a revision will the implant consistently work during its lifespan or does it 'age' with use as would other mechanical devises

Funny

LMCatman

Re: QA on aging implants

Postby LMCatman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 am

Becoming rather familiar with these implants after have three "installed", I would think they are pretty much "work - don't work" unless something like pump migration causes you to physically not be able to operate it, as in my first implant. My second implant worked perfectly until it failed completely. I was quite surprised at the failure in less than 3 years, briefly depressed and then anxious to get a new one. This has been a "game changer" for me! Good luck....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:57 pm

My implants worked just as good after years of use a they did when they were new. My CX needed to be replaced after 12 years (it just wouldn't inflate anymore) and my urologist, Dr. Marc Siegelbaum of Chesapeake Urology and also Chief of Urology at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center in the Baltimore suburb of Towson, gave me an LGX for my replacement. I liked both implants and am very grateful to Dr. Sigelbaum for his expertise and support. :D
Last edited by David_R on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:42 am

I've had mine 9 years and it still inflates and deflates properly, but, granted, mine has not been operated nearly as frequently as most.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”