The "coffin" effect pseudo capsule

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: The "coffin" effect pseudo capsule

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Stiffupperlip and Donbecker54,

I wonder if Dr Kramer, DrEid and Dr Milam have differences in how much dilation they give to the Corpora before inserting the implant.

Retention or destruction of those tissues may have an effect?

I wonder.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Talking to some of Dr Eid's patients (we have phone access to each other if the past patient volunteers to help newbie implantees), Eid routinely does a full inflation at 2 weeks or so. Sometimes, that full high pressure inflation is the most painful part of the entire implant experience (so consider taking a strong pain pill if you are going to your surgeon for that). My impression is that after two weeks, you run the risk of the "coffin pseudocapsule", so you must do all you can to get full inflation by day 14. (For me, personally, Eid let me self pressurize at around day 9 or something).

Good implant surgeons are very aware of the importance of stretching the capsule early, so work with your surgeon, beg for early activation, but do exactly what your surgeon tells you to do.

Note, I think there might be a difference between AMS LGX and Titan with regards to how all this works. The Titan might more easily "blast through all scar" when fully pressurized, while the AMS LGX might need more time and more frequent cycling since it elongates in a more elegant complex way. I do not really know this since I have the Titan and cannot speak informatively regarding the LGX, but to me, also, this might explain why the AMS LGX requires a more frequent cycling program.

Don't forget, Dr Eid has rescued some patients from the coffin effect by giving them light anesthetic gas, and then aggressively pressurizing the implant so that it tears away all coffin like scar -- I do not know if that "tear procedure " is unique to Titan or if it can be done with AMS LGX -- I just do not know.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:27 am

stiffupperlip wrote:Don,

What size implant did Milam install? Kramer had me activate at 4 weeks and I didn't lose any length. I don't think he generally has patients activating at 2 weeks like Eid. I asked Kramer about the "coffin" effect and he said that would take months not weeks to have an affect. I don't understand how Milam manages to lose such length.

because he undersizes and does a shitty job? a quick search on the forum,shows he has been doing shit consistently for years... but yeah... who's the guy that is going to complain about malpractice stating his dick just got shorter? :?

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:05 am

stiffupperlip wrote:Don,

What size implant did Milam install? Kramer had me activate at 4 weeks and I didn't lose any length. I don't think he generally has patients activating at 2 weeks like Eid. I asked Kramer about the "coffin" effect and he said that would take months not weeks to have an affect. I don't understand how Milam manages to lose such length.

I think Dr. Kramer left me 20% inflated after my procedure. I returned to Baltimore 4 weeks later...didn't have much pain in the penis on activation, but my scrotum was still healing according to Dr. Kramer. Due to my failure to deflate properly once I got home/pumped up, I was about 80% inflated for two weeks...painful, but I did my stretching & now pump to over 6" w/ excellent girth...gained about a half-inch from stretched length pre-procedure. Extremely happy with the results...as is my wife!!!
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Samsdad wrote:I underwent a pubic area implantation in 2016, with a doctor who had me wait 4-6 weeks before inflation, and scar tissue and procedural complications combined to cost me the same 2 inches in erect length. The evidence seems to 'dick-tate' the use of a scrotal implantation procedure, and inflation as soon as possible, with 2 weeks as a target date.

Thanks for sharing, there is nothing like first-person testimony.

Did you do any stretching (e.g. vacuum therapy, erc) before the operation? Some papers I have read suggest benefits may be had there, too.

I did some vacuum therapy for a few weeks prior to surgery, but still suffered significant lost erect length and girth.

Return to “Implants”