The "coffin" effect pseudo capsule

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

The "coffin" effect pseudo capsule

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:38 pm

I've read mention here of the coffin effect pseudo capsule being a cause of a shortened penis after implant. A question in another of my threads had me wondering if that could be a contributing factor to the amount of loss I had. I lost 2". My cylinders are a bit too short, but not 2". I believe there's still some scar tissue near the base of the penis.

Dr. Milam requires the patient to wait six weeks before the first inflation. Eid and Kramer and others say they want inflation at two weeks, as going longer can lead to the formation of scar tissue. Does anyone know if six weeks could result in any significant amount of scar tissue?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

Lost Sheep

Re: The "coffin" effect pseudo capsule

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Based on my reading, i woud say, yes.

The article i posted links to had their subjects inflating in less than two weeks, some docyors leave their patients innflated to 80% post-op.

Find the most recent link in the thread "Bad surgeon in photos"
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:49 pm

"Bad Surgeon in Photos" is my thread. ;)

I read the article, but it doesn't say whether scar tissue can form in as little as six weeks. I know that enough scar tissue formed after just two weeks that I was no longer able to move my tubing, so maybe that could be the cause.

If there's scar tissue, can it be removed?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Reading through your posts, I believe that the lions share of your size loss is due to a botched procedure. That being said, there probably is some scar tissue. A great surgeon like Dr Eid will be able to deal with it and get the biggest size implant in there he possibly can.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:22 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:"Bad Surgeon in Photos" is my thread. ;)

I read the article, but it doesn't say whether scar tissue can form in as little as six weeks. I know that enough scar tissue formed after just two weeks that I was no longer able to move my tubing, so maybe that could be the cause.

If there's scar tissue, can it be removed?

The article mentions "left inflated immediately after the surgery and for two or three weeks after". Scar tissue begins forming even during surgery, it is part of the healing process. I expect that formation does not go very fast until the wound is quiescent for a while, but my experience with shoulder surgery is that the sooner you activste (consistent with not reopening any incisions), the better. The trial study found pain to be a major limiting factor, though, so a couple of weeks before cycling seems reasonable to me. However, not having had the experience snd certainly not the experience of specialing surgeons, this is only my interpretation from reading these studies and the experiences of others.

The short answer, to me, is that inflation before coming out of the operating room is indicated, if the patient is likely to be able to tolerate that dehree of inflation ubtil delpflation and cycling can begin in earnerpst.

Breaking up (relieving) scar tissure can be done surgically, by "modeling", or by stretching (physical therapy). Which method will depend on the condition of the tissues and the patient's willingness.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:33 pm

I underwent a pubic area implantation in 2016, with a doctor who had me wait 4-6 weeks before inflation, and scar tissue and procedural complications combined to cost me the same 2 inches in erect length. The evidence seems to 'dick-tate' the use of a scrotal implantation procedure, and inflation as soon as possible, with 2 weeks as a target date.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Samsdad wrote:I underwent a pubic area implantation in 2016, with a doctor who had me wait 4-6 weeks before inflation, and scar tissue and procedural complications combined to cost me the same 2 inches in erect length. The evidence seems to 'dick-tate' the use of a scrotal implantation procedure, and inflation as soon as possible, with 2 weeks as a target date.

Thanks for sharing, there is nothing like first-person testimony.

Did you do any stretching (e.g. vacuum therapy, erc) before the operation? Some papers I have read suggest benefits may be had there, too.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks for the replies. They're encouraging.

Milam left me "partially inflated" after surgery. That "partial" turned out to be fully inflated when the six week appointment rolled around, just not rock hard. I was shocked that my full size wasn't any longer than the stub I'd had for the six weeks since surgery.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Don,

What size implant did Milam install? Kramer had me activate at 4 weeks and I didn't lose any length. I don't think he generally has patients activating at 2 weeks like Eid. I asked Kramer about the "coffin" effect and he said that would take months not weeks to have an affect. I don't understand how Milam manages to lose such length.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 pm

stiffupperlip, I don't know how he did it. All I know is that I was 6+ inches and then I was 4".

Thinking back, he never injected me with anything to get a real erection to measure.

Return to “Implants”